• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
good for the other folks on other platforms.

I wonder if the stipulation is in the contract it must come to all platforms. is that a thing in the EA contract. I know it dictates why they release a new game every year and whatnot.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Some nice training for them, so they can go full multiplatform soon with all 1st party studios.
HLtU5Xf.gif

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So Quantic Dreams games, Death Stranding, Ready Set Heroes, and now The Show? Wonder if Sony is going the MS route after all.

I could see their main tentpole exclusives like God of War and Uncharted remaining exclusive, but seems they don't care as much if these other games branch out.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So Quantic Dreams games, Death Stranding, Ready Set Heroes, and now The Show? Wonder if Sony is going the MS route after all.

I could see their main tentpole exclusives like God of War and Uncharted remaining exclusive, but seems they don't care as much if these other games branch out.
One of those are from an actually Sony studio and not a third party.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus

They've said before that a select few titles will be released on other platforms in addition to PlayStation. Exclusives will still be a thing, but don't be suprised if you see Horizon II or the next Naughty Dog game come to PC about 3-4 years after their PS5 exclusivity.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
And people are still doubting Horizon on PC.

Pretty clear Sony is killing exclusive games. They just don't care anymore.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The doom and gloom is about to hit unprecedented new highs, isn't it? Imagine if State of Play is a wash tomorrow... XD

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Gonna hold off on PSN purchases for now then.

If PS is going full multiplat, then there's no point further burying myself in their ecosystem.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Well damn, guess Nintendo is last man standing in the way of PC players getting to play every game releasing XD

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
There is still a major difference between Horizon and MLB guys
How did the Horizon PC rumor start ?

MLB in this case probably just want the one good game available on more platforms rather than just on PS4 with a bad game release everywhere else, and Sony probably negotiate lower licence fees to do that (and in the long run will have much more in-game revenues from more platforms)

1575945967-capture-d-ecran-2019-12-10-a-03-45-54.png

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Save your overwrought panic for when a non-licensed exclusive goes multiplatform. MLB probably decided that RBI wasn't enough and made Sony bring The Show to other platforms.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
People are being silly as always,they have a console to sell some old ports and random deals not going to change that.

Raylan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have at least six friends who won't buy a PS5 anymore. Interesting decision Sony. Definitely looks like that's Jim Ryan's vision for PlayStation's future. Multiplatform.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
People are being silly as always,they have a console to sell some old ports and random deals not going to change that.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Sony can still sell plenty of console while at the same time release games on PC. Just create their own launcher so that Valve doesn't get a % of the profits and call it a day. Software is where the money is anyway, not hardware.

Oct 27, 2017
So competition is no longer a thing now? Exclusives are the biggest draw for PlayStation.
They'll make more money releasing their titles to all platforms tho. And money is all that matters. First with MS and now Sony, the industry is definitely trending to an all multiplatform future. It's actually great for us consumers. Instead of having to buy two consoles all you'll need is one PC.
Nintendo and PC is really gonna be the wave next generation huh
It's truly starting to feel that way. I was planning on buying a ps5 at launch but now I'm gonna wait and see. I think we might see some other big titles becoming multiplatform.

Last edited:

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
But not all WWS games will be coming to PC, at least not day-and-date with PlayStation. You're an idiot if you think Sony still doesn't see the value in exclusive content.
Several of their 1P games have hit PC recently, with more to come apparently.

Exclusive content clearly doesn't matter to them as much as it would seem.

:V

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018

They'd be dumb if they did that. The next Xbox probably will do worse than the X1 because it will start off the gen with no exclusives.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Sony can still sell plenty of console while at the same time release games on PC. Just create their own launcher so that Valve doesn't get a % of the profits and call it a day. Software is where the money is anyway, not hardware.

I can see Sony using PC as a second-run outlet for older titles, but not day-and-date releases for the most part.
Several of their 1P games have hit PC recently, with more to come apparently.

Exclusive content clearly doesn't matter to them as much as it would seem.

:V

In those cases, the games were older, and licensed out to other publishers for the most part. Sony will put some games on PC, but not everything, especially not day-and-date.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
After a very successful generation, Sony is going to leave the console race and become third-party. It makes total sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.