• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this time I thought GOT had some info leak. It's only now that I realize the hype is based off a retweet and a youtube playlist update.

SIE and Sucker Punch got us all like...

976.gif

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'm excited for 2020, but the delays (TLOU2, Watchdogs 3) have really made Q1 of the year look incredibly lacking now. Specifically January and February.

This is why I'm 99% sure Dreams is going to fill TLOU2 tax season exclusive spot in February.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for 2020, but the delays (TLOU2, Watchdogs 3) have really made Q1 of the year look incredibly lacking now. Specifically January and February.

This is why I'm 99% sure Dreams is going to fill TLOU2 tax season exclusive spot in February.

Not lacking if you are a FF fan. If Dreams releases against FFVII then good luck....

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Not lacking if you are a FF fan. If Dreams releases against FFVII then good luck....

FFVIIR doesn't change how barren January and February are for releases, March seems fine since even Nioh 2 is coming then. But Dreams releasing in February seems like the best move and launching a month before doesn't mean it would e competing with FF...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Q1 looking good for me - Yakuza 7 is out (in Japan) in January, Persona 5 Royal, Vanquish (and Bayonetta), FFVII, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, Nioh 2, Doom Eternal/64 and a few other games beside those (ports/collections etc.) Its a pretty nice quarter for me!

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Q1 looking good for me - Yakuza 7 is out (in Japan) in January, Persona 5 Royal, Vanquish (and Bayonetta), FFVII, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, Nioh 2, Doom Eternal/64 and a few other games beside those (ports/collections etc.) Its a pretty nice quarter for me!

But it is packing a lot less of wallop because of some delays. And its funny because when everyone was saying TLOU2 was coming in Feb and then actually announced for Feb, I thought "Not happening, too soon in the year. Naughty Dog take all the time they can get with polishing." Then it was delayed lol.

I'm pretty sure I am right too about Dreams having a wide opening for a release in February

Oct 25, 2017
Wow you guys are really thirsty for Ghost of Tsushima.

Its all thats really left besides tlou2 in terms of first party for the PS4.

And from I saw, it looks really neat. But I don't really have a good grasp on what the game is actually like. How the open world works exactly and stuff like that.

Guerilla did a good job at e3 2016. Just a nice long segment going over lots of stuff and opening the map, etc. Thats what I would like to see. I don't think we are getting that.
Probably a story trailer and thats it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
But it is packing a lot less of wallop because of some delays. And its funny because when everyone was saying TLOU2 was coming in Feb and then actually announced for Feb, I thought "Not happening, too soon in the year. Naughty Dog take all the time they can get with polishing." Then it was delayed lol.

I'm pretty sure I am right too about Dreams having a wide opening for a release in February
Less for you perhaps, certainly not for me personally. I mean, this year for me didn't exactly have a packed Q1 for my tastes - just RE2 and DMC5 (which admittedly are two of my favourite games of the year) alongside Sekiro. Oh, and maybe Yakuza 4's remaster, I forget when that was released in Japan.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
For those curious - it seems that John Drake's position has been filled by this person:

For context, acquisition here probably doesn't mean studio acquisition, but rather content acquisition like third-party marketing and timed-exclusive deals or whatever.

A Capcom guy! So there is a chance for Japanese games. Also I don't know if people know but Adam Boyes was at Capcom before joining Sony.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sony should not have an E3 Press Conference next year imho

rather instead they should have a massive PSX with a Press Conference in the summer similar to BlizzCon in scope but a more E3 like presser

Sony should though have a booth at E3 which makes me think if Sony should have said summer PSX before E3 due to having the latest stuff at said E3 booth?🤔

Maybe the can have some nice SoP during E3 but then a big SHABANG after E3 with a summer PSX conference?

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
ok guys i just copy and pasted the OT Suggestions into the poll, but i shouldn't have included the one which is currently leading.

While it may be a joke or just a funny dig, we don't need more console wars on this place which is already strongly affected by it.

Sorry for the circumstances

Edit: New Poll is up

Last edited:

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
ok guys i just copy and pasted the OT Suggestions into the poll, but i shouldn't have included the one which is currently leading.

While it may be a joke or just a funny dig, we don't need more console wars on this place which is already strongly affected by it.

You can change your vote to any other one expect these two

|OT6| Discover Your Next Favorite OT
|OT6| Rumoured to be slightly more powerful than the Xbox OT

Sorry for the circumstances

Update your first post juan.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony should not have an E3 Press Conference next year imho

rather instead they should have a massive PSX with a Press Conference in the summer similar to BlizzCon in scope but a more E3 like presser
Yep. That's what I'm already saying for years. Skipping E3 last year was way overdue. Skip it, do the PSX event a few months earlier as usual (not in December) and enjoy a fan event that lasts for days while being all about PlayStation and only about PlayStation. Time to give PSX the spotlight it deserves (like the first one).

Status
Not open for further replies.