• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Definitely excited to see the next collaboration with Platinum and Square Enix in Babylon's Fall. Hoping for another Nier Automata stylish action-adventure quest (supposedly in JRPG format!)

That's why it's long overdue I believe

*shrug* i mean, they definitely tried... A lot... but ya'll got it as usual on that train.

It's not quite the same thing since there are a couple issues: your own console has to run the game (so no one else can't use it), and the device has to be on the same network (so VPN if playing on the go).

I definitely thought you could remote play on a different network. Wouldn't be the first time I remembered wrong. Lol

And I understand it's not exactly what ya want. The ability to purchase a game and have it include a cloud copy that capitalizes on streaming would be great. I wonder if we'll get the ability to run streams of your purchased games across devices with your login.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Sonwhen do we think re3 is? It seems likely capcom would want it by e3 almost for sure. Will it be before or after tlou2?

Oct 25, 2017
You got me wrong bro.
PS5 will have exclusives.
I don't think we'll see soon PS5 exclusives for PSVR.
They will arrive later, at least from Sony in my opinion.

Not sure about that. With PSVR being forward compatible they really don't risk alienating too many owners IMO. If you are buying into VR already then you are probably an early adopter of PS5. I don't expect to see any PS5 launch or launch window exclusives for PSVR though. The focus will be on the PS5 as it should be.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
If you are looking for SIE Made JRPG, you are going screaming into the void for a long time. Asobi, Siren team, and the Knack crew are not the folk you get to work on JRPGs (I don't think we can identity other specific SIE Japan teams). Frankly, your best bet would be a post adquisition Bluepoint doing Legend of Dragoon. A Sony funded (and owned) IP.... Still good luck. Getting SE, Capcom, Atlus, or any big publisher let Sony keep the rights (even if Sony were to foot the bill) is not going to be easy.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I have no time of reference for game development.

But.. as they are just now gathering a team for QA and still hiring encounter designer, I guess we won't see GoT in the 1st half of 2020?
Hiring QA at this point doesn't mean much. Hell... ND was still hiring QA testers for TLOU pt.2 6 months before its launch before it got pushed back. It's more or less normal. Most of the times these jobs are contractual and/or temporary. Senior Lighting Artist and Encounter Designers could be for GoTsu AND any projects beyond this one. 😎

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you are looking for SIE Made JRPG, you are going screaming into the void for a long time. Asobi, Siren team, and the Knack crew are not the folk you get to work on JRPGs (I don't think we can identity other specific SIE Japan teams). Frankly, your best bet would be a post adquisition Bluepoint doing Legend of Dragoon. A Sony funded (and owned) IP.... Still good luck. Getting SE, Capcom, Atlus, or any big publisher let Sony keep the rights (even if Sony were to foot the bill) is not going to be easy.
Sony made a lot of JRPGs back then and none of them where internally developed at SIE Japan Studio. Sony just needs to want fund one.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
0 chance in my opinion. Around the time of God of War they started to get really careful about announcing release dates too early because they wanna avoid delays, and even then they still fucked up with The Last of Us Part II which will probably cause Sony to become even more careful. Just look at when other Sony AAA games got their original release dates announced:
  • God of War: April 20th release date announced on January 23rd (3 months)
  • Spider-Man: September 7th release date announced on April 4th (5 months)
  • Death Stranding: November 8th release date announced on May 29th (5 months and 1 week)
  • The Last of Us Part II: February 21st release date announced on September 24th (5 months), later delayed
So going by their recent AAA games Sony announces the release dates for their games about 5 months or so before release. The Last of Us Part II is late May and Sony probably isn't gonna release 2 AAA games very close to each other, so I'd say late July or early August at the very earliest. Go back 5 months and we're in February/March for the release date announcement, which would be the PS5 reveal event.

I'm all for Sony to avoid this kinda of thing again. They were doing a good job until the TLoUPII delay. When the game was delayed Ian Hinck from Easy Allies commented on the podcast that he encountered a couple of ND devs he knew at a event shortly after the initial date was announced, and he bought up the release date with them and they immediately told him that they weren't so sure they would be able to hit it. Everybody close to the game knew it wasn't possible to release on february and they went ahead and announced it anyway. So unnecessary.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I hope Sony at some point thinks about funding more Indie games, and perhaps adquiring some talented small studios down the line. Salt and Sanctuary is, in my opinion, the best Souls like game not made by From... It was made by two people (Ska games). Darkwood is another great example. A great horror game with lots of replay value, top notch audio, and art direction... Just a handful of devs

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Don't you think that create a new division didicated to indie developers relationship and put Shuhei Yoshida at the head of it could mean that they actually "think about funding more indie games at some point"?
We really do not know the nature of how that division is going to work. I hope it will aim to recruit Independent developers, and fund their games. It could also just do outreach, or just secure marketing deals.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if Ghost of Tsushima definitely wasn't going to be shown, Zhuge or someone else would have already taken a crap on our dreams. 🤷‍♂️

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
We really do not know the nature of how that division is going to work. I hope it will aim to recruit Independent developers, and fund their games. It could also just do outreach, or just secure marketing deals.

Can't really see how you can secure marketing deal with an independent dev without funding the game but... Yeah I suppose?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

One example that Ryan gave was that their big first party studios aren't going to tackle games that are aimed at a specific market (he gave an example of Invizimals, which was popular in Spain), but he thinks that Yoshida's new position could come at a new angle in terms of work with indie devs to tackle specific markets. So it definitely looks like they plan on funding games.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
We are spoiled, so many outstanding looking games. Engine Tech is only getting better

PlaintiveClearcutCanvasback-size_restricted.gif

ElasticAcademicAmoeba-size_restricted.gif

ImpressionableEthicalGalapagospenguin-size_restricted.gif
Its too good... PS4s actually going out with a bang

Nov 8, 2017
I can not wait to find out what Dreams' campaign could look like.
I get that Dreams is all about user creations and all but I'm still a bit disappointed that the campaign is going to be so short. At least that's what MM has said about it in the past from what I remember. While there are already tons of fantastic user creations, MM creations are still far above what the players are doing. That being said, as long as they share everything they've made with the community so those better puppets and sculpts can be used by others it should really help make everything better. The future for Dreams is bright.

Oct 25, 2017
I get that Dreams is all about user creations and all but I'm still a bit disappointed that the campaign is going to be so short. At least that's what MM has said about it in the past from what I remember. While there are already tons of fantastic user creations, MM creations are still far above what the players are doing. That being said, as long as they share everything they've made with the community so those better puppets and sculpts can be used by others it should really help make everything better. The future for Dreams is bright.
Idk I don't agree with that one. That may be right the first year(ppl forget this game just came out in April and look what ppl made already) but in lbp the communities creations were leads ahead

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I am on mobile so can anybody make a thread for me?!
With a poll it's about which game is gonna be goty 2020 : tlou2 , cyberpunk or other. Thanks☺

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Damn, not a good week for someone who wants to make a live event, huh?

- Resident Evil 3 Remake
- Vanquish/Bayonetta Remaster
- Minecraft Cross-Play on PS4
- A new Crash game
- Tekken 7 Season 3 Content
- Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC Trailer

All this was supposed to be revealed next week, right? Sony and Keighley must be pissed

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Damn, not a good week for someone who wants to make a live event, huh?

- Resident Evil 3 Remake
- Vanquish/Bayonetta Remaster
- Minecraft Cross-Play on PS4
- A new Crash game
- Tekken 7 Season 3 Content
- Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC Trailer

All this was supposed to be revealed next week, right? Sony and Keighley must be pissed
Yeah. I suspect most of these were intended to be State of Play announcements, except the Vanquish/Bayonetta bundle and maybe the new Crash game. Activision doesn't care that we know about Crash, though. They sent out little teasers ahead of the reveals for Spyro and CTR so they like people to anticipate their announcements.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind knowing about SoP content before the show. I miss them live (I'm at work) and I just read about the announcements on Era or what not afterward anyway.

Jan 4, 2018
Yeah. I suspect most of these were intended to be State of Play announcements, except the Vanquish/Bayonetta bundle and maybe the new Crash game. Activision doesn't care that we know about Crash, though. They sent out little teasers ahead of the reveals for Spyro and CTR so they like people to anticipate their announcements.
The Tekken World Tour finals are going on right now, so the season three stuff is probably for that and not SoP.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
looked at the japanese state of play stream and tried translating the description through multiple websites, seems like the gameplay video will be the first public gameplay showcase of the title, whatever that is. Any big release that still has no gameplay footage released? could it just be referring to RE3?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
looked at the japanese state of play stream and tried translating the description through multiple websites, seems like the gameplay video will be the first public gameplay showcase of the title, whatever that is. Any big release that still has no gameplay footage released? could it just be referring to RE3?
Babylon's Fall (new PlatinumGames PS4 console exclusive, at least at launch)

Status
Not open for further replies.