• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
Spiderman goty - Days gone both for 40$

giphy.gif

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I love Sony's dramatic single-player adventures but my personal hope for next-gen is for Sony to take Mario on. Create a universe with characters that are instantly like able and recognizable, gameplay possibilities that can expand to multiple genres, and appeals to a broad range of ages. Where even other characters can have their own first-class games (think Luigi's Mansion 3) There must be a mind out there that can create a magical universe that has broad appeal for Sony. Astrobot is a good attempt, but it's lacking something. Give it an ND-type budget. I think it starts with ideation and character/world design.

I would say this generation has been the first time PlayStation has truly made games anywhere near the same way as Nintendo and I believe it leads a large part of why they reaped benefits from it.

Instead of having multiple entries in every series, they had one super excellent entry in each series they brought out. Those super excellent entries have people still clamoring for more with each audience that bought them, which leaves them ripe for the picking for additional entries.

As far as other characters than leads getting games, I think the only series that could even possibly do it right now is Uncharted (Lost Legacy did well and was excellent). But that's not anything against PlayStation on that. It's not like Nintendo's offshoots of Mario/Zelda sell a ton or much more than PlayStation's rotating wheel of games/IP they create. I generally don't think we're missing out on much with them not doing this that often and I prefer they try new things with different faces than slap a character we know on it just because.

On the whole, I understand folks clamoring for this new approach we saw this generation to be applied to more genres. Giving a studio like Media.Vision that made Wild Arms, Digimon: Cyber Sleuth, Valkyrie Chronicles time to craft a world and vessel of JRPG they have never been afforded could lead to some truly excellent long term franchise in the stable. Same could go for bringing Astrobot to the whole audience instead of a sliver. (By the way, M.V are my vote for the Japanese studio to add to the SIE Japan stable if we're adding a JRPG unit)

It is going to be excellent to see what generational experiences the teams are cooking up for Next Generation. Maybe we'll see a game that spawns a couple characters people love, but even if not, I think the success is in getting at least one character in multiple franchises people en masse care about and I think PlayStation was more successful this generation with that than ever before.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Days Gone is 40€(20 more then USA), can someone, explain the logic in this?
What is the real price of Days Gone in US with taxes included ?
Of course it won't increase the price to $40 but just curious

But yeah, Europe is once again a cash cow, it's especially weird for Days Gone because it's a Sony game, it's not up to a third publisher

Jan 20, 2019
What is the real price of Days Gone in US with taxes included ?
Of course it won't increase the price to $40 but just curious

But yeah, Europe is once again a cash cow, it's especially weird for Days Gone because it's a Sony game, it's not up to a third publisher

Not sure about USA tax, but this is not tax. The game cost 69,99€ , the same as DMC and R2, both of this games are 19,99€. Im not paying 100% tax game to cost me 20€ more.

On top of that, Concrete Genie is not on sale neither is medievil.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about USA tax, but this is not tax. The game cost 69,99€ , the same as DMC and R2, both of this games are 19,99€. Im not paying 100% tax game to cost me 20€ more.

MediEvil Evil did much better in EU then US I am sure that would be it.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah it would be cool if Jim could globalize PS Store discounts, US always gets better deals

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Just finished Days Gone... Goddamn what a fucking ride that was! Some framedrops here and there, but fairly glitchless for me. A year ago I would not have believed you if you told me that I would drop Red Dead only a couple chapters into the game, while binging Days Gone in just 4 days.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can you believe DeS remake will be announced in 7 months? Bonus, Japan studio title(s), Horizon 2 very likely, some third party exclusives.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Though I think Days Gone was a little too long, it was still pretty addicting and I was hooked once you reach the third major region of the game.

I'm really excited to see what Bend could do with a sequel. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll move up to northern Oregon closer to Portland.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I hope Part II would also implement challenges like Days Gone or Mercenaries from RE, etc.

I know the game would be massively long, but I also hope it's just not about the single player journey; want some extra contents too.

Broncs

Nov 26, 2018
How will Sony showcase their remaining PS4 games. At the Ps5 reveal event or something seperate like a state of play. How did they handle it last time?

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How will Sony showcase their remaining PS4 games. At the Ps5 reveal event or something seperate like a state of play. How did they handle it last time?

I believe SIE has used social media to great effect this generation. The last State Of Play generated 11 million + views for TLOU2 in the past month. and that's just what I counted from a little scrolling on youtube. Combined, especially with those reaction vids, we're looking at 20 Million + easily and again, that's with a quick glance.

I'm not sure SIE needs an "event" for Ghost OF Tsushima. A well placed and timed SOP is all they really need to kick start momentum and hype. Followed that with a decent marketing campaign and that should suffice.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think Sony should just go hard at the hypothetical PS5 reveal event. After no PSX, no E3, no European conferences and middling reception to State of Play, expectations are going to be sky high the split second they announce another proper press event (assuming that's how they plan to do it). Might as well not hold back.

- Recap the tech shit from the Wired articles
- Demonstrate the "no load times" stuff
- Show the new controller
- Confirm, at minimum, PS4 backwards compatibility
- Reveal the new PSNow featuring a massively updated catalogue of PS1 and PS2 games
- Confirm PSVR compatibility and soft confirm PSVR Gen 2 headset is on the way
- Announce like 5 AAA first party games: Horizon 2, Demon's Souls Remake, Gran Turismo 7, re-reveal Wild, etc.
- Show some third party heavy hitters like Rocksteady's game and Assassin's Creed Vikings

Follow it up at E3 with gameplay, more big third party games and maybe a tease of a major heavy hitter like Spider-Man 2.

Basically repeat what they did with the PS4 back in 2013.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Hope he sees this and do something about it.. I can't believe we went through TWO GENERATIONS without Sony putting out JRPGs like they used to do.

They had what could be their own Final Fantasy franchise The Legend of Dragoon

A very unique franchise like Wild Arms

Their own The legend of Zelda with Dark Cloud

They bailed on Demons Souls and after the huge success of the Dark Souls franchise they had Bloodborne which did amazingly critically AND financially and one think good they learned they lesson... but no.... again... they bail on Bloodborne!!

Sony seriously have many maaaaany great IPs but they always bail on them, why we didn't get another Ape Escape?

Sony sony sony...
The only good answer to this (bolded) part should have been Alundra... or MediEvil. 😏🤣

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I could get behind a December 3rd State of Play to celebrate the 25th anniversary. Give us release dates for Dreams, Predator and sprinkle in a few more titles, then finish with a teaser for the PS Meeting or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.