• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima releasing on ps4/ps5 in november is a horrible idea imo.

The game would've to fight against Assassin's Creed: Vikings and possibly Breath of the Wild 2...

I'm sure it wouldn't bomb but i can't see a reality where the hype of Breath of the WIld 2 isn't suffocating almost every other major release. Ubisoft can't be that happy either.

Last gen i'd agree with your overall point, it's better to release in a less crowded window. But Sony's big studios have not only been doing ok, they've been arguably the type of game that others should be trying to avoid.

Also Q1 has been loaded with big games for about 4-5 years in a row, Publishers aim for holiday release and then get delayed at the last minute. you can't run away from competition anymore.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BotW didn't do anything to Horizon.

Nor sure why BotW2 would do anything to a PS5 launch title. PS5 owners will be looking forward to any highly rated exclusive title that shows off the capabilities of the system.
BotW didn't suffocate Horizon. So, I don't think that is anything to worry about. Why would a game exclusive to another platform someone may not own keep that person from buying a game for a platform they do own?

Ok, point taken.

But what's with Assassin's Creed: Vikings? Isn't it rumored that even Watch Dogs 3 is coming to next-gen systems?

How many open-world games can one system provide before they eat each other?

Last gen i'd agree with your overall point, it's better to release in a less crowded window. But Sony's big studios have not only been doing ok, they've been arguably the type of game that others should be trying to avoid.

Also Q1 has been loaded with big games for about 4-5 years in a row, Publishers aim for holiday release and then get delayed at the last minute. you can't run away from competition anymore.

You're right. The market is big enough to support more than one big game at the same time but man q4. 2020 will be a bloodbath.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, point taken.

But what's with Assassin's Creed: Vikings? Isn't it rumored that even Watch Dogs 3 is coming to next-gen systems?

How many open-world games can one system provide before they eat each other?

Watch Dogs 3 might end up as a launch title due to the delay but I doubt AC: Vikings will be. That's competition sure but also so intrinsically different that it won't be much of an issue.

GoT will benefit immensely from being a PS5 launch title. The benefits of such a launch outweigh the small negatives.

Oct 27, 2017
So do we think Horizon 2 will use Death Stranding's traversal? It's great and realistic and not superhero like as in AC.

I don't see why they'd need to. Traversal in Horizon was really fun, although I didn't like relying on the yellow climbing points so much. Ideally I'd like free climbing mechanics with the ability to glide down from high places, although that would be copying Breath of the Wild a little too much.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys days gone doesn't end . Does it ? Lol. Not that I m complaining(I am enjoying it a lot ) but every time I get all emotional and ready for the game to end I end up finding there is so much more to do Haha .anyone else was on the same boat ?
Well it's not a short game ;D
Would you go back and work with RAD again after TO1886?
After they made dozens of good/great games for me before? Sure I would.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Guys days gone doesn't end . Does it ? Lol. Not that I m complaining(I am enjoying it a lot ) but every time I get all emotional and ready for the game to end I end up finding there is so much more to do Haha .anyone else was on the same boat ?

Yeah I thought the same... It was a fun ride tho

So do we think Horizon 2 will use Death Stranding's traversal? It's great and realistic and not superhero like as in AC.

I don't see it using gameplay system but could take some things from it for sure

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I don't see why they'd need to. Traversal in Horizon was really fun, although I didn't like relying on the yellow climbing points so much. Ideally I'd like free climbing mechanics with the ability to glide down from high places, although that would be copying Breath of the Wild a little too much.

I think we might get more "free form" climbing but not everywhere, not the Spider-Man bullshit BotW pulls. And yeah, stuff to rapel down cliffs, ziplines, etc.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just give me my customizable mechanical hawk to fly over the map and I'm good to go. :D

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For horizon 2 they better focus on improving the mele combat .

Make it stylized and over the top like ff xv sword fight or nino kuni 2 fights . Easy yet beautiful to look at and enjoy .

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
RaD needs 2 things to make a good The Order game.

- a good lead writer: While the dialogue was fine, the story was very predictable and cliché. The God of War games of RaD were written by Cory Barlog and these were their best games. Similar to Guerilla Games, Ready at Dawn must hire someone like John Gonzalo.

- more time: Many things in the game can be explained by the fact that the rather small studio didn't have enough time. The gunplay is excellent, but the encounters are a joke. The world is absolutely sterile and nothing in it is destructible. The rebel hordes were stupid and the werewolf fights were the worst boss fights in an AAA game. But it's obvious that the werewolf fights weren't planned this way, but were included in the game due to lack of time. With a little more time, RaD could build a larger bestiary, fight against werewolves, banshees, ghouls and vampires and actually use the good gunplay.

I trust RaD to make a great game, if they get these two things.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
horizon will probably utilize DS traversal in the form of having more hills on the map rather than flat surfaces that aloy can more realistically climb, but not full copy paste of these mechanics, and neither the BOTW/modern Assassin's Creed wall full free form climbing, that will help both the feel the world being real, and for realistic movement for aloy.

Watch Dogs 3 might end up as a launch title due to the delay but I doubt AC: Vikings will be. That's competition sure but also so intrinsically different that it won't be much of an issue.

GoT will benefit immensely from being a PS5 launch title. The benefits of such a launch outweigh the small negatives.
I agree, we already know WDL is releasing between july and december (same for gods and monsters), so it would be smarter to just push AC Vikings away to Q1 2021 CY.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Would you go back and work with RAD again after TO1886? I mean them no ill will, but they had a huge opportunity with their first major release as the big PS4 centrepiece, and they did almost everything wrong with that amazing premise.
Why not?
They made some great games on PSP for Sony. Only The Order 1886 was not great and not bestseller but still made profit for Sony.

So you suggest that Sony should shut down Santa Monica after GoW Ascension and cancelled sci-fi game or change them for support studio?

Ooph, bless god they didnt. We didnt get God of War 2018.

Oct 25, 2017
Why not?
They made some great games on PSP for Sony. Only The Order 1886 was not great and not bestseller but still made profit for Sony.

So you suggest that Sony should shut down Santa Monica after GoW Ascension and cancelled sci-fi game or change them for support studio?

Ascension is in no way comparable to Order 1886. On any metric. That's an absurd comparison.

RAD got a shot at a console game and botched it hard.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Why not?

Huge difference in critical acclaim between those games. Also forgetting one key difference. Sony actually OWNS one of those studios, and has stock in them doing well, so they have a reason to stick with them. The other studio is fully independent, and shat the bed in a big way the last time Sony threw cash at them.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I learnt from this thread to look at what people are posting that will never happen or whatever arguments against something

then apply the exact opposite for what Sony would do

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guerrilla Games: "The Decima Engine is used by a very small group of AAA developers."
Let's see who else is on board. Maybe Kojima again for another Sony game. Maybe another team/studio.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is seeing ppl now say well they gave so and so another chance you know the studio...That they own!!

^^
That because they talk trash about it so long they don't know want else to do lol.
I really don't know why people would want a Order 2 everything but gfx in that game was sub par .
DG2 going to be crazy with next gen power and with bend up and running .

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
Guerrilla Games: "The Decima Engine is used by a very small group of AAA developers."
Let's see who else is on board. Maybe Kojima again for another Sony game. Maybe another team/studio.
Maybe Supermassive is going back to using the Decima Engine. Would be cool to see Housemarque and Arrowhead using the Decima Engine for their next games.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
should I wait for Black Friday to buy the Arctis 7? There's a 12% copoun and it comes in at $132 with free shipping

Could it go for much lower during BF?

Edit: Apparently they were going for $100 at one point.
Think I'll wait..

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
170-185K is not quite MGSV level but still pretty impressive for a new IP that is so wildly different than any game on the market.

Edit: It outsold Days Gone in Japan. Quick, let's all jump on Sanji for this short lived victory.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
That I doubt.
They have a 9 games contract with Namco. And they are using Unreal Engine.
Doubt they want to keep changing engines.
Change is the spice of life Angie. And I doubt that 9 games contract with Bandai Namco are the only games they will be working on. That studio is helbent on making a bunch of games with different publishers. I wouldn't be surprised to see another PSVR game from them.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
For horizon 2 they better focus on improving the mele combat .

Make it stylized and over the top like ff xv sword fight or nino kuni 2 fights . Easy yet beautiful to look at and enjoy .

I don't think that's gonna happen honestly, I don't believe the idea is to take huge tyranosaurus rex with Aloy carrying a spear.
I do agree they should make melee more responsive and interesting.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
We know Supermassive Games are working on Sony games. But they are using the Unreal Engine now. Even the last Sony game they made (Hidden Agenda) used Unreal.
Sure, but maybe they want to go back to the Decima engine for their next Sony game. Death Stranding is one hell of a game to market your engine with. Maybe the improvements with engine will have them coming back for another go at it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wild maybe? Its landscapes lends itself well to Decima's strengths.
I always believed it's for WILD. But I don't know. They talked about Unreal lately. But you never know :)
Sure, but maybe they want to go back to the Decima engine for their next Sony game. Death Stranding is one hell of a game to market your engine with. Maybe the improvements with engine will have them coming back for another go at it.
Nah. They switched to Unreal so they don't have to fear somebody takes the engine away from them. It's all about Unreal for Supermassive.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's gonna happen honestly, I don't believe the idea is to take huge tyranosaurus rex with Aloy carrying a spear.
I do agree they should make melee more responsive and interesting.

I think it would be beneficial to actually let the player build their character around a playstyle they enjoy. Half the reason I quit Horizon was because none of the combat options were fun to me in the slightest. I hate traps, I don't like ranged weapons, and anything larger than small enemies couldn't be stealth killed, so there was really no entertainment in the combat system whatsoever for me.

That way, people who just wanna shoot shit can still do that but people who find guns boring don't have to.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

EDIT: Damn you Bundy
giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.