• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding is awesome. I guess I could sour on it later on (I'm only about 6 hours in), but it's so satisfying carrying these packages everywhere. I made the mistake of parking my trike in some timefall and it's been so tense for the last hour or so because I'm afraid that it'll explode at any time, leaving me with way too much cargo to carry on foot. I generally get frustrated easily in games, but all I can think about is getting back into it tonight and completing my next delivery.

Also... the game looks so damn good. Feels like a sneak preview into next gen or something. Horizon 2 is going to be insane.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys a question about days gone . Is it just me or there is a big difficulty spike toward the end of the game ? Or am I doing something wrong ? I m starting to do some side tasks to get skill points and bike upgrade as I feel I m not prepared . And leveling up Takes sometime :(

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Guys a question about days gone . Is it just me or there is a big difficulty spike toward the end of the game ? Or am I doing something wrong ? I m starting to do some side tasks to get skill points and bike upgrade as I feel I m not prepared . And leveling up Takes sometime :(

Some of the later games hordes gave me some trouble and from what I remember the game sort of forces you to interact with them more. Even then I never found them super tough. Some of those just became an battle of attrition. Just hoarding bombs and ammo, running in a circle and dropping mines and explosives behind me until they all died. Was probably my biggest issue with the game was that i more often get annoyed by hordes rather than afraid of them.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some of the later games hordes gave me some trouble and from what I remember the game sort of forces you to interact with them more. Even then I never found them super tough. Some of those just became an battle of attrition. Just hoarding bombs and ammo, running in a circle and dropping mines and explosives behind me until they all died. Was probably my biggest issue with the game was that i more often get annoyed by hordes rather than afraid of them.
My issue is that they r unpredictable. Many times they started attacking me from different sides and causing me to get stuck in the middle of them and die . I finished the chalmute horde but I switched to easy and I did it like that lol

Oct 25, 2017
My issue is that they r unpredictable. Many times they started attacking me from different sides and causing me to get stuck in the middle of them and die . I finished the chalmute horde but I switched to easy and I did it like that lol
That's my favorite part. That they all don't run at you in a straight line or one direction unless you finesse them into one.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
What are you struggling the most?
If is human enemies, use Shotgun.
If is the horde, early game game use MG45, end game use the Chicago Chopper and the .50 BFG.

Oct 25, 2017
So when we might get the release dates for Dreams and Ghost of Tshushima... both of them definitely PS4 games and I can really see Dreams being released in April and GoT in September, but when we might see the official announcements?

I think the first episode of State of Play of 2020 should have a release date for Dreams, But GoT? State of Play episode pre E3?

Also there was a hint that we haven't seen the last of Ratchet & Clank on PS4, when we can possibly hear an official announcement.

GoT gonna be a PS5 launch title. Dreams who knows. Might be moved to PS5 too. Would probably benefit it a lot for exposure.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Did I miss something and GoT is pushed to Q3/Q4? I remember Jason saying it would release in the first half of 2020
Yup that's the rumor as we obviously have never gotten an official date or even a window. Rumor was that The Last of Us would be early 2020 (February 21st) with then Ghost of Tsushima a few months later, but with Part II being pushed GoT has been pushed as a result because Sony obviously doesn't wanna release them within like a month of each other.

Aug 26, 2019
Yup that's the rumor as we obviously have never gotten an official date or even a window. Rumor was that The Last of Us would be early 2020 (February 21st) with then Ghost of Tsushima a few months later, but with Part II being pushed GoT has been pushed as a result because Sony obviously doesn't wanna release them within like a month of each other.
it has been hinted that the TLOU2 delay pushes GoT into late 2020. Might as well be a cross-gen PS5 lauch title unless they want to Puppeteer/GT6 it...
Ah, damn. That's a bit of a bummer but there's no shortage of games in the first half. If it's going to release in H2, I'm not against it launching as a cross-gen game with PS5 either.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure it's a good idea to push GoT into a cross-gen launch. Competition will be crazy in those months and they don't really need that much software to sell the PS5s they can produce at that point. They'll also surely have some exclusives planned for that period already.

SP invested so many years in the game, they will most likely have more attention centered on them and better sales releasing the game in September or so.

The only way I can see it happening is if some of the games they have planned for launch can't make it and need more time (iirc that was the case with inFamous Second Son and Driveclub when PS4 launched).

Oct 25, 2017
Launch games usually perform well because people want new stuff for their new console. I think Ghost would be fine as a September release or as a cross-gen launch title. It could be the last big first party exclusive for this gen and the biggest first party release for the PS5 launch.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
it has been hinted that the TLOU2 delay pushes GoT into late 2020. Might as well be a cross-gen PS5 lauch title unless they want to Puppeteer/GT6 it...

There can't be a Puppeteer/GT6 situation. PS5 has BC which makes it a total diffrent story.
Sony should release Ghost of Tsushima before the PS5. Let the launch exclusive not steal Ghost of Tsushima's thunder and vice versa.

What would be the point of delaying GoT to not compete with TLoU2 just to let the game compete with PS5 launch exclusives?

Oct 25, 2017
There can't be a Puppeteer/GT6 situation. PS5 has BC which makes it a total diffrent story.
Sony should release Ghost of Tsushima before the PS5. Let the launch exclusive not steal Ghost of Tsushima's thunder and vice versa.

What would be the point of delaying GoT to not compete with TLoU2 just to let the game compete with PS5 launch exclusives?
That would apply to any game in a launch lineup and it doesn't really impact them. Launch games usually sell rather well. At least the bigger ones meant to stand out anyway.

Knack, Shadowfall, Dead Rising, etc... performed well and those weren't even critically successful games.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
That is actually an interesting conversation to have. Which combinations of launch exclusives would not result in one of them totally eclipsing the others.

Games like: Any Japan Studio Game, a new Housemarque/Arrowhead IP, and any Bluepoint Sony Remake that is not DeS.

would likely be overshadowed by games such as: GoT, Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet, or TLOU2 MP.

Oct 25, 2017

GoT would be the biggest PS5 launch game over Demon's Souls, R&C or any other realistic bets. And would still sell a ton on PS4 as well. Being a PS5 launch game only helps it get more attention in my eyes.

That's exactly why I doubt Sony is footing the bill here. Unless Sony got real impressed by their VR games, it would seem odd for them to go all in with the studio after the Order.

Who do you think is funding them? Obviously they are getting help from a major player. I honestly would not shocked in Sony gave them another shot. They have a LONG history together. I don't think it is Microsoft..

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
That would apply to any game in a launch lineup and it doesn't really impact them. Launch games usually sell rather well. At least the bigger ones meant to stand out anyway.

Knack, Shadowfall, Dead Rising, etc... performed well and those weren't even critically successful games.

Sure, they do well but these games still compete with each other. People have budgets, especially when they buy a new console for 400-500€. Not everyone is going to spend so much money in one month to get a console and 3-4 new games.

Ghost of Tsushima will do great numbers if they launch it in august or september. And the game will get another sales push because of the ps5 patch. Launch exclusives will sell way better without GoT launching on the same date.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
GoT would be the biggest PS5 launch game over Demon's Souls, R&C or any other realistic bets. And would still sell a ton on PS4 as well. Being a PS5 launch game only helps it get more attention in my eyes.

Who do you think is funding them? Obviously they are getting help from a major player. I honestly would not shocked in Sony gave them another shot. They have a LONG history together.
Well to be honest, they have had long history with many studios, some of them they owned, then shut down after just one or two clunkers. So Sony turning down publishing for an independent studio after it botched their last (and biggest) game toguether would not be odd at all. If it's a huge VR game, it's Sony's, end of story.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Who do you think is funding them? Obviously they are getting help from a major player. I honestly would not shocked in Sony gave them another shot. They have a LONG history together. I don't think it is Microsoft..
Maybe it's Google? They're gonna need some exclusive content for Stadia.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

Sure, GoT would win the battle for attention against the other games you named but that is a problem, too. GoT would cannibalize the sales of the other launch exclusives if they are smaller in scale.

Jim Ryan just said that he wants a fast transition of players from ps4 to ps5. Making a cross-gen game the front runner for the ps5 won't help the case. They need PS5 exclusives in the center of attention to get people to upgrade as fast as possible. A PS4 game won't do the trick.

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, GoT would win the battle for attention against the other games you named but that is a problem, too. GoT would cannibalize the sales of the other launch exclusives if they are smaller in scale.

Jim Ryan just said that he wants a fast transition of players from ps4 to ps5. Making a cross-gen game the front runner for the ps5 won't help the case. They need PS5 exclusives in the center of attention to get people to upgrade as fast as possible. A PS4 game won't do the trick.

How does GoT launching on PS5 hurt transition? If Got launches in say September I could see plenty of people just saying they will wait until PS5 launches to play it which will hurt until sales. Why play the inferior version that close to a better one?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I just started concrete genie and the facial animations remind me of the old rudolph the red nosed reindeer movie and now i really want a rudolph game made by pixel opus lol

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
How does GoT launching on PS5 hurt transition? If Got launches in say September I could see plenty of people just saying they will wait until PS5 launches to play it which will hurt until sales. Why play the inferior version that close to a better one?

Because people hate to wait. It's called the preference for the present. People rather consume an inferior product today than a better product tomorrow.
Obviously some people will wait for the PS5 version of GoT but it won't be a desicive factor.

And GoT being a launch game might hurt the transition by taking the spotlight while being a cross-gen game. Sony needs a PS5 exclusives in front and center to give people reason to get a PS5. Jim Ryan talked about the fastest transition ever.

If the game that is most talked about during the PS5 launch is also playable on the PS4, how would that help the transition?

Oct 25, 2017
Because people hate to wait. It's called the preference for the present. People rather consume an inferior product today than a better product tomorrow.
Obviously some people will wait for the PS5 version of GoT but it won't be a desicive factor.

And GoT being a launch game might hurt the transition by taking the spotlight while being a cross-gen game. Sony needs a PS5 exclusives in front and center to give people reason to get a PS5. Jim Ryan talked about the fastest transition ever.

If the game that is most talked about during the PS5 launch is also playable on the PS4, how would that help the transition?

PS5 is gonna sell out the first 3 or 4 months no matter what. By the time the launch hype dies down they will hopefully have a big Spring game close to launch.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did Bend fuck around with Days gone graphics again? I went back to the game after a few weeks and I am noticing a lot more pop in than before on Pro. WTF Bend?

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
PS5 is gonna sell out the first 3 or 4 months no matter what. By the time the launch hype dies down they will hopefully have a big Spring game close to launch.

Probably. Sony might produce more consoles this time around. So let's see what Sony has planed with GoT and PS5 and everything else.

I can't wait for 2020.

Shinobi, give us something. Does Ready at Dawns still have a working relationship with Sony?

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
All I'm saying is if we must have a JRPG, then I'm all for teaming up with Level 5 and Nickelodeon to make a true Avatar: The Last Airbender story about the world in balance!

think about it, you got elementalists, summons of the Avatars, acast and expansive world and philosophy and a ton of silliness all in the anime art style of a popular series. What could go wrong? It's not like they're giving it to platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.