• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
So for Days Gone real quick, I started it, but have been back & forth with other games, so I know I haven't gone too deep into it. There are some things I wish were different that would probably hold my engagement more. I don't want the game to turn into a chore.

Now I've read previously from other users that the game picks up, so maybe I need to get to that hump first. I guess without revealing too much, when does the game actually do pick up? Is it after I meet a specific person, would you be able to name this individual so I can know if I got through the hump or not. I don't like dropping games I've started so I want to chug along to beat this eventually.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So for Days Gone real quick, I started it, but have been back & forth with other games, so I know I haven't gone too deep into it. There are some things I wish were different that would probably hold my engagement more. I don't want the game to turn into a chore.

Now I've read previously from other users that the game picks up, so maybe I need to get to that hump first. I guess without revealing too much, when does the game actually do pick up? Is it after I meet a specific person, would you be able to name this individual so I can know if I got through the hump or not. I don't like dropping games I've started so I want to chug along to beat this eventually.
It's when you find the 3rd camp, to be fair, it's not like the game structure changed, but there are more likeable characters in 3rd camp and you have better weapon by that point.

Edit: wait, ot might be 4th camp. It's when you meet Rikki

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
What does it mean EMEAA? Are all the Europe regions included?
Europe, Middle East, Africa & Australia

Digital data includes games sold in Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and UAE.

Physical data includes all games, but only those sold in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
So I started playing The Order: 1886 since it's short and I figured it would be something to "waste time" with before DS gets here Friday. I only got to chapter 3, but I...really like it so far. I can see why some of you want Sony to give it another chance. Looks great, gunplay feels great, sounds great (both music and effects), characters and acting are great, atmosphere is thick & heavy, and the story seems interesting so far.

The QTEs and prompts are fine, though in The Order, some things that happen could definitely have been done in normal gameplay (like throwing an apple should just use similar controls to throwing a grenade instead of a prompt). Not necessarily a negative for me, but I can see why many who played this don't like it.

It's likely never gonna get a sequel, but if it did, they should do the obvious thing and let you also play through the campaign in co-op.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So I started playing The Order: 1886 since it's short and I figured it would be something to "waste time" with before DS gets here Friday. I only got to chapter 3, but I...really like it so far. I can see why some of you want Sony to give it another chance. Looks great, gunplay feels great, sounds great (both music and effects), characters and acting are great, atmosphere is thick & heavy, and the story seems interesting so far.

The QTEs and prompts are fine, though in The Order, some things that happen could definitely have been done in normal gameplay (like throwing an apple should just use similar controls to throwing a grenade instead of a prompt). Not necessarily a negative for me, but I can see why many who played this don't like it.

It's likely never gonna get a sequel, but if it did, they should do the obvious thing and let you also play through the campaign in co-op.
Its an amazing game and I hate that there wont be a sequel.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Super impressive for MediEvil
elumVdB.png

Spain week 43 - Individual Units, retail
(21 Oct - 27 Oct)
Source: Vandal.net

1 PS4 Modern Warfare: 49.650 / NEW
2 PS4 Medievil: 15.160 / NEW

3 PS4 FIFA 20: 9200 / 312.550
4 XB1 Modern Warfare: 4950 / NEW
5 SWI Ring Fit Adventure: 2400 / 6650
6 PS4 Grand Theft Auto V: 2150 / 970.650
7 PS4 WWE 2K20: 1750 / NEW
8 PS4 The Outer Worlds: 1600 / NEW

9 PS4 God of War: 1450 / 224.200
10 SWI The Witcher 3: 1400 / 6600

-- XB1 The Outer Worlds: 300 / NEW
-- XB1 WWE 2K20: 150 / NEW

Hardware:
PS4
: 6250
Switch: 2800
Xbox One: 1100

Data from Archive
PS4 Call of Duty Black Ops 4 debut: 62.000

Spain Sales (Vandal.net) - Archive

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

Played last year and like it too. The LORE and world building is really, really good. Gunfight and game length were the bad points for me, but nothing that ruined my experience.

They had the core pillars to make a great sequel. With a good investment and patience, it could become a kind of Gears Of War for Sony.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

The game is really cool, still hope for a sequel !

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine there'll ever be a timeline in which I spend even a dollar on a VR headset. The only way I'd get my hands on PSVR is if I win one in a contest.

Dude, what a shame.

"But fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't willing or able to get some form of Colony Wars VR goodness, it's called a TV!"

- Jim Ryan, from an interview after PSVR2 and Colony Wars reveal event in 2021.

;)

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised by MediEvil sales.

Honestly not a big fan of the game since I never played the original, but I do hope it paves the way for other PS1-era remakes / revivals.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
I liked Concrete Genie very much. It's not a big game, but definitely Pixel Opus has some talent. A little bit stealth, little bit action, some climbing and puzzles. Small doses of all gameplay elements.

Biggest question is what their future gonna be?

Bigger AA game? VR dedicated studio? Revival of old IP?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Concrete Genie, as far as I am concerned, it didn't need combat or stealth segments. They should have focused solely on the art part. And make it even more of a puzzle game.

Oct 27, 2017
What I would like to see Sony do going into next gen:

- Get an exclusive game from Platinum. A character action game would be cool as it's not the kind of game Sony has in their lineup, but whatever Platinum wants to make would be cool
- Get Supermassive to make Until Dawn 2. Make it an anthology series and the next one be about an alien invasion in the 1950s or something like that
- I would love to see Sony pick up the Alundra IP, get a remaster in development and put Silicon Studio on a sequel (they did 3D Dot Game Heroes)
- I'd like to see them work with Sumo Digital on something. I feel like they're a really good studio who needs some solid backing to have a major hit. Maybe a karting game? I dunno; Sumo have dabbled in tons of genres so who knows what they would want to work on
- How about getting Io Interactive to work on a Socom reboot? They have the experience with a slower, more tactical game in Hitman, although I don't know if they have any proper experience with online MP which is obviously a huge part of Socom.
- Get Flying Wild Hog to make a new campaign FPS IP (Shadow Warrior reboot)
- Get Tripwire Interactive to make a new MP FPS IP (they made Killing Floor 2)

Keep working with Housemarque
Keep working with Arrowhead
Keep working with Bluepoint
Keep working with Impulse Gear (made Farpoint)
Keep working with First Contact Entertainment (made Firewall: Zero Hour)

I don't really think Sony needs to make any more acquisitions right now, but they need to form more partnerships and build relationships with those studios over time, at which point they can decide whether to buy them out or just remain as development partners. I don't really like the notion of publishers just picking up devs with no established relationship in place. I would also like to see them set up new development teams; maybe one in Poland, one in Canada and one in India or another country with an up-and-coming development scene.

The game is just bursting at the seams with potential. IMO the main problems are the small highly linear levels and ultra-prescribed pace. Like, the game even determines when you can or can't run, and I just hated that limitation. What's worse is that it has this amazing setup and barely makes use of it, as you spend almost the entire game fighting against human enemies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I just rewatched PSX 2016 earlier this morning with the "and the playstation vita", did i jinx it :(

Oct 26, 2017
- How about getting Io Interactive to work on a Socom reboot? They have the experience with a slower, more tactical game in Hitman, although I don't know if they have any proper experience with online MP which is obviously a huge part of Socom.
- Get Flying Wild Hog to make a new campaign FPS IP (Shadow Warrior reboot)

IOI is locked with Warner Bros now for a new IP and Hitman 3

Flying Wild Hog was bought by an investiment firm and they are working on a new title.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'll cross post my thoughts on the situation around the departures from the other thread:
the more we are hearing about those departures, the more i am starting to think that the article from a few weeks ago about the US branch taking over the EU branch being very wrong.

it all points to the opposite happening, with the US branch power weakening as Jim Ryan has taken over in order to level the 2 to the same level of control.
i might be wrong, but the thought that this is a result of PS US taking over PS EU and then have mostly US playstation executives leave is... odd to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.