• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized we're gonna see Decima running on PC on high end cards... that shit gonna milt eyes.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they're going to release both God of War and Uncharted 4 at the same time on their streaming service. Why not release GOW first and then when that leaves the service, bring on UC4? Seems like they'd get people to keep their subs longer that way.

I think they wanted to make a big splash. Having U4, GoW and GTAV hit all at once got a lot of attention onto it, and they also started a big ad campaign around those games (I see commercials of PSNow constantly).

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I thought, but surprisingly that job listing doesn't mention anything about VR.

This listing is for their ''New Entertainment'' team, not the VR one. Their project description paints the picture as something similar to Erica:

Our teams continue to explore new territory. Currently, we are developing live action storytelling, transforming what it means to play and interact with a narrative.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
This listing is for their ''New Entertainment'' team, not the VR one. Their project description paints the picture as something similar to Erica:

This makes it seem like it's still going to have standard game mechanics

• You have extensive hands-on experience in contributing to the development of interactive narrative titles.
  • Hands-on experience integrating interactions and mechanics.
  • Portfolio that demonstrates ability to create satisfying mechanics.

Plus they're referring to it as a AAA game. Could they be working on something like what Remedy were doing with Quantum Break?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
This makes it seem like it's still going to have standard game mechanics

Plus they're referring to it as a AAA game. Could they be working on something like what Remedy were doing with Quantum Break?

I wouldnt take this AAA description as an indication of scope but more related to production values. They mention its a small team project after all

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's the biggest problem with making open-world games like that. I remember when GTA3 first hit there were a ton of clones. Now there aren't any. It's not because there isn't money in that genre, it's just that it's so expensive to produce that no one really wants to take the chance with it anymore because of that possibility that it won't be a hit.

exactly - Sony cancelling the last Getaway says it all, even tough it was alrady a more or less established IP

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this thread really turning into Sony is going to be full on releasing every game on PC now? This is sad and i'll read when some actual news starts happening.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
They should make The Getaway game set in Manhattan. Why Manhattan? So they could use the city from Spider-Man. There, over half of the game already done :P

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Was it written in the contract from the beggining that DC will release on ps4 first and later on pc ?
Most of this could have been avoided if Sony stopped doing super deceptive shit and just announced the game as a PS4 console exclusive with PC later.
This, Sony is doing now the same thing Microsoft was doing at the begining of the generation, confusing people . Just announce in the begining the status of game, as they did with FF7 Remake: Play it first on ps4. Not this child's play, today is exclusive, tommorow is not.

ND waited a lot of time to anounce the release date for TLoU part 2, after some weeks the game got delayed.
Conan released this video, after a few days the game is anounced on pc. Get your shit together, Sony.

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Then i really don't understand all those '' only on playstation'' labels and including the game under the ''playstation exclusive'' section by Sony.

To be fair, Death Stranding, here in EU, does not have the "Only on PS" label.

Also there is this.

Sony Interactive Entertainment Unveils Hideo Kojima’s PS4 Console Exclusive Title Death Stranding

SAN MATEO, CA, June 13, 2016 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today unveiled Hideo Kojima’s first Kojima Productions title DEATH STRANDING for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and its first teaser trailer at the E3 2016 PlayStation Press Conference. As with all of his past masterpieces, the latest...

MLjzh1J.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's the biggest problem with making open-world games like that. I remember when GTA3 first hit there were a ton of clones. Now there aren't any. It's not because there isn't money in that genre, it's just that it's so expensive to produce that no one really wants to take the chance with it anymore because of that possibility that it won't be a hit.

Is there really any indication that open-world city-based games are any more expensive to produce than other open-world games like Horizon, Days Gone or Spider-Man?

They should make The Getaway game set in Manhattan. Why Manhattan? So they could use the city from Spider-Man. There, over half of the game already done :P

Lol. I want to drive my car around 13th Century Japan!

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
It would be great if Sony hired a 3rd party studio to work on Days Gone Online for DG2. Basically, let the Bend Studio work on the story mode and have an external developer create a copy of Red Dead Online. Not a simple horde mode missions, this shit gets boring fast. An expanding PvE mode set in the map from the story mode (they could also make some PvP modes). Saber Interactive already wanted to create a multiplayer mode for Days Gone, so maybe they would be willing to work on something like this.

What I'm saying is, I love RDO and I want more of this kind of games and Days Gone would be perfect for it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It would be great if Sony hired a 3rd party studio to work on Days Gone Online for DG2. Basically, let the Bend Studio work on the story mode and have an external developer create a copy of Red Dead Online. Not a simple horde mode missions, this shit gets boring fast. An expanding PvE mode set in the map from the story mode (they could also make some PvP modes). Saber Interactive already wanted to create a multiplayer mode for Days Gone, so maybe they would be willing to work on something like this.

What I'm saying is, I love RDO and I want more of this kind of games and Days Gone would be perfect for it.
Would be better to just expand Bend and do in internally IMO, having another dev team do it will just cause communication problems and shit.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

You talking about online and I'm just here praying for a sequel.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Is there really any indication that open-world city-based games are any more expensive to produce than other open-world games like Horizon, Days Gone or Spider-Man?

Cyberpunk will be a smaller Game in terms of areas compared to Witcher 3 and yet it is their biggest and most expensive project to date
With City based Games you need density of content, much more NPC's and interactions and i would guess the performance is also harder to maintain.

with other typical open world games, you have long strechted and empty areas + a ton of assets reused.

that would be my opinion, but i don't have the perfect technical knowledge. But like he said, there is a reason we don't have games left that go for the GTA Sandbox Style

Oct 27, 2017
You talking about online and I'm just here praying for a sequel.

Although we haven't got any sales numbers for it, I'm sure it has sold enough to warrant a sequel. It's probably in the ~3 million territory at the low end.

Cyberpunk will be a smaller Game in terms of areas compared to Witcher 3 and yet it is their biggest and most expensive project to date
With City based Games you need density of content, much more NPC's and interactions and i would guess the performance is also harder to maintain.

with other typical open world games, you have long strechted and empty areas + a ton of assets reused.

that would be my opinion, but i don't have the perfect technical knowledge. But like he said, there is a reason we don't have games left that go for the GTA Sandbox Style

Yeah, fair enough, although it wouldn't need to be as dense and luxurious as something like GTA or Watch Dogs 2. I bet the budget for Sleepy Dawgs was a lot lower than those games.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
If you have PS Now, you can see the games which are added several hours before they officially announce (and release) them
They are shown in PS Now app (on PS4) but all are not if the list of games added is long

I don't, I'm still waiting to see if they add the games I'm interested in so I can use the free trial.

Maybe they'll change that method now that they are investing more in the service, announcing the games beforehand would make sense to increase awareness and hype.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Those were deliberate attempts by Sony to obfuscate and mislead consumers.

They pulled similar shit with NieR and Nioh.
It's a game of mindshare, marketing and platform exclusivity.

Sony has to sell the PlayStation brand to consumers and strengthen it's image every generation. They are Console manufacturers that have to see a net return profit for investments made for the product they have out. Console exclusives, wether they're timed or made in-house, have a part to play in the console-selling strategy.

It's simple, console business 101.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of freaker hordes on PS5, I also can't help but wonder what a EDF game on the PS5 would be like. Granted, Sandlot are a much smaller studio that a first party Sony studio, but I'd like to hope even with the small budget EDF we could get something impressive with hordes on next gen consoles. I'm playing EDF 4.1 at the moment and am loving just how ridiculous the enemy count is in the game and I've been thinking a lot of what a PS5 sequel would be like.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only real issue with Days Gone is just how long it is. I wouldn't mind if Bend trimmed a little of the more of the fat so to speak for a sequel.

Also, the game starts a little slow, but eventually it picks up and becomes a lot more interesting.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Guerrilla Games

Java Developer
Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based developer of Horizon Zero Dawn, is looking for a Java Developer to support our Game Tech team with the project for an unannounced title.

Our Game Tech team builds reliable, maintainable and performant game systems. We work with e.g. gameplay programmers, designers and artists to give them the tools they need to build the game. Among other things, we deliver an animation system, a visual scripting system, part of the cinematic pipeline, high level streaming systems, the physics engine integration, an analytics framework as well as the networking layer for both game client and server.
For information on the server technology for one of Guerrilla's previous titles, Killzone Shadow Fall, please read:
https://www.guerrilla-games.com/read/the-server-architecture-behind-killzone-shadow-fall
  • You will build a robust backend that can scale up to serve many concurrent users;
  • You will work on systems like matchmaking, tournaments, clans and leaderboards;

Senior Cinematic Animator
Principal Cinematic Animator
Technical Cinematic Animator
The Cinematics Team is a mutli-disciplinary group focused on creating compelling real-time scripted sequences. Working with Narrative, Gameplay, and Art teams we help to build and communicate an engaging story content that works hand in hand with our compelling gameplay.
You will create real-time non-interactive sequences for our next project from conception to integration;

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Sony earnings will drop in a few hours, anyone want to make some predictions about Q2 (July-Sept) for the fun ?

My guess :
PS4 shipped : 3.3m
Software sold : 77.4m
PS+ members : 36.5m
Digital ratio : 34%

Some context to predict :

1572388548-capture-d-ecran-2019-10-29-a-23-35-34.png

1572388675-capture-d-ecran-2019-10-29-a-23-37-40.png

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
If we get another killzone, I kinda hope they just reboot the franchise and actually make use of the lore they've been sitting on. They have great writers at Guerilla now. Horizon's story was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.