• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2017
Oh hey.

giphy.gif
I am shocked though. Not because it's releasing on PC as I was expecting it. Usually where there's smoke there's fire. I never expected it to be so soon after the PS4 release and even more shocking they announced it before the PS4 release.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
User Banned (1 day): Console wars
Hope Death Stranding succeeds so KojiPro makes an exclusive Xbox title that releases day one on Gamepass. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
It is Indeed a wierd time to announce a PC port a few weeks before release. I'm actually considering cancelling my pre-order to wait for the PC version since I only have a base PS4 and want to experince the best version of it !

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Always amazed at seeing people think that more people being able to play more games is a bad thing

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No shit, only delusional people and fanboys were in denial about DS coming to PC.

That was literally announced when the deal was signed.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Medievil charting top 5 is honestly shocking in all the right ways... Fs in the chat for Gravity Rush 2, and Concrete Genie though

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Now the question is, cancel the pre-order and wait 6 months or play it at release. Leaning towards the former right now, I already have tons of games on my backlog.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
If medievil of all things can chart well, there is no reason why a Syphon Filter or a proper Sly remake can't do very well

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to understand the point of Sony funding a PC game. Yeah it's not on other consoles, but Kojima games are associated with PS and letting another publisher fund the game would have achieved the same thing.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oh yeah this dude.
I'm trying to understand the point of Sony funding a PC game. Yeah it's not on other consoles, but Kojima games are associated with PS and letting another publisher fund the game would have achieved the same thing.
It's over half a year of being exclusive which is where majority of the sales will come from, if Sony didn't accept that condition someone else would have.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
The box hasnt the "Only on Playstation" tag, so I was pretty sure about it too.

Same here.
I mean initially I wasn't sure about a year ago but seeing all the DS game boxes and zero ''only on PS'' branding the last few months, its been kinda obvious.

DS coming to PC im not paying for a console just to see games go to pc. Hope Jim stops the bullshit Layden started.

You're a good poster, and can provide much better commentary than this man, come on.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Not gonna lie, i was waiting for reviews to preorder it, but was probably going to pick it no matter what as happened with days gone. But if its coming to pc..im waiting it.

Time for sony to make the spicy Playstation Launcher in pc.

Last edited:

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Timing aside, it's still a positive arrangement for all involved parts. Kojima Productions is not part of SIE, after all; if everything goes well, it's an IP of tremendous potential managed and published by Sony. Unless they acquire them in the future (doubtful if Kojima might want that), it's the best it could be expected from a commercial point.

Now the cherry on top of the cake is the game being (hopefully) great. Otherwise, where and when it releases won't be of much importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.