• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
You're looking for excuses lol.

If the game was great I'd feel they'd be saying as much.

When the early impressions aren't great from regular players that's not a good sign.

It's understandable. It's not shooty enough or it's not hack and slash, so it's not gonna be for everyone. Especially MGS fans

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
You're looking for excuses lol.

If the game was great I'd feel they'd be saying as much.

When the early impressions aren't great from regular players that's not a good sign.
I'm not really looking for excuses. Even if it reviews well I won't buy it, it's not my type of game. I will never play RDR2 for similar reasons. But I think early impressions for a game under embargo are attention seeking and therefore questionable. I don't think one can really make any assumptions about a game from those.

Oct 26, 2017
DS is going to be fine come on, even assuming the reviewers are not glowing it will do good.

I really can't see Death Stranding doing less than Days Gone in both reviews and sales.

The good thing about Death Stranding being bad is that nobody will fight when they announce it for PC.

DS announced for PC as an EGS exclusive, coming in 2020.
Salt and meltdowns.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The good thing about Death Stranding being bad is that nobody will fight when they announce it for PC.

I have a feeling that it will become a better game if it comes to PC at some point.
People will make an extra effort to see the game over the 'Fedex mantra' once the exclusivity goes down if it happens.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
God of War selling quite well in Italy past two weeks.
sdpTKyx.png

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, there's a running promo at MediaWorld, you get 2 PS4 games at 19,99€ and God of War is part of the offer.
GoW is also on PS Hits with GT Sport and UCLL
Is MediaWorld the biggest retailer in Italy for videogames? I thought it was MicroMania/Gamestop.
God of War is also available now at PS Now. So, there are some affordable ways to play 2018 GOTY.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Is this my life even in the SIE thread?
Non stop vague impressions of DS for the next two weeks that mean sweet f.a. until actual review day?

I've already placed all other DS threads on ignore for sanity and non spoilers; I shoulda known this thread would also be infected soon enough lol

Oct 26, 2017
Is MediaWorld the biggest retailer in Italy for videogames? I thought it was MicroMania/Gamestop.
God of War is also available now at PS Now. So, there are some affordable ways to play 2018 GOTY.

MW is one of the biggest and to be fair the one with the best offers and promotions followed by Amazon, we don't have MicroMania but GameStop is there.
GameStop nowadays is a toys, Funko-pops and Fortnte V-Bucks reseller.
God of War is priced at 20€ on GameStop as well.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Even in the unlikely event Death Stranding is a 3/10, it's refreshing to see something a little out of the ordinary in the AAA space. I'll be playing it and making up my own mind.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Come on, not even weird, fundamentally broken eccentrities like Travis Strike Again have been received with such animosity. I'm confident this is going to be received in similar terms to The Last Guardian: many will love it and a similar group will dislike it. These are technically sound products, that you will enjoy or not based on your preferences.

PS: Despite all the drama, TLG was still one of the most awarded games that year.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Is Media Molecule Sony most awarded studio when it comes to Bafta?
  • Naughty Dog : 12 awards (1 for U4 ; 2 for Left Behind ; 5 for TLOU ; 4 for U2)
  • SSM : 8 awards (5 for GOW2018 ; 1 for GOW3 ; 2 for GOW2)
  • Media Molecule : 7 awards (3 for Tearaway ; 2 for LBP2 ; 2 for LBP)
  • Japan Studio : 5 awards (1 for TLG ; 2 for LocoRoco ; 2 for SotC)
  • Guerrilla : 1 award (1 for HZD)

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so another one of the "DS downers" leakers have now said he finished the game and turned around on it and will give it a 9.

i dont think there is much to worry about.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
so another one of the "DS downers" leakers have now said he finished the game and turned around on it and will give it a 9.

i dont think there is much to worry about.

I mean even Shirrako said he would give it a 8 after complaining about the pacing, said it was fun discovering new areas but when you had to backtrack it was boring (which is understandable if it takes a long time). People overreact all the time.

It's either the best game of all time or a piece of shit. There's nothing in between.

Is that the 5/10 or the 8/10 guy? Lol

Neither.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why people are worried about the scores, AT WORST is going to score 85, and it's still a solid result.

There's no way it is going to score below 85 at all, i mean like, MGS V is a 90+ game according to MC, let's be real here.

Status
Not open for further replies.