• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2017
Think about how long Falcom takes for their games. Couple that with Sony production scale and you get maybe one game a generation from each team.

Falcom releases several games each generation. Also I'm not saying give them huge AAA Spider-Man or Death Stranding AAA budget but rather one similar to games like Gravity Rush which definitely has bigger budget than Falcom's current games. I'm talking a budget in the scope of a Fire Emblem or Xenoblade.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm up for Falcom into one of Worldwide Studios.

Wild Arms and Arc the Lad could & would be better under them than just a f***ing mobile games...

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Wild Arms and Arc the Lad could & would be better under them than just a f***ing mobile games...

Or what they could do is do what they did in the PS2 / PS3 / PS Vita days and actually work with external Japanese developers.

Work with Cattle Call for a new Arc the Lad.
Work with Media Vision for a new Wild Arms.
Work with Cygames or Level-5 for a large-scale RPG. (I'm aware Cygames is already working on three PS4-exclusive titles, but I'm referring to a first-party collaboration title.)
Work with Acquire / Crispy's for something unique like Rain or Tokyo Jungle.
Work with Millennium Kitchen for a new Boku no Natsuyasumi. (pls Attack of the Friday Monsters from Level-5 was not enough for me)
Work with Platinum Games for a AAA budget action RPG.
Work with Alfa System for a new Oreshika.
Work with Marvelous for something new.
Just give everyone money to make new things. =)

To be fair, they worked with some Japanese developers on PS4 games, but significantly less than they did in the past. PSN nets them a lot of money and I enjoy most things I play, so I'd be happy to see them use some of that money to bring back those frequent AA-budget first-party productions.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Or what they could do is do what they did in the PS2 / PS3 / PS Vita days and actually work with external Japanese developers.

Work with Cattle Call for a new Arc the Lad.
Work with Media Vision for a new Wild Arms.
Work with Cygames or Level-5 for a large-scale RPG. (I'm aware Cygames is already working on three PS4-exclusive titles, but I'm referring to a first-party collaboration title.)
Work with Acquire / Crispy's for something unique like Rain or Tokyo Jungle.
Work with Millennium Kitchen for a new Boku no Natsuyasumi. (pls Attack of the Friday Monsters from Level-5 was not enough for me)
Work with Platinum Games for a AAA budget action RPG.
Work with Alfa System for a new Oreshika.
Work with Marvelous for something new.
Just give everyone money to make new things. =)

To be fair, they worked with some Japanese developers on PS4 games, but significantly less than they did in the past. PSN nets them a lot of money and I enjoy most things I play, so I'd be happy to see them use some of that money to bring back those frequent AA-budget first-party productions.

Pretty sure I remember there being an article saying PS5 focus was big AAA titles

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
I was watching a YouTube video and it mentioned this twitter account named pserebus.
It predicted the last of us release date correctly back in June. Now it's saying that there's going to be a PSX in November. We will see 👀

Last edited:

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
You guys want to know what i think.
I honestly think Naughty Dog removed the multiplayer from The Last of us 2 separately because they didnt want it to hurt the score of the game....Because they are going to micro transaction the hell out of that Online multiplayer. Lol, I honestly think they did it on purpose, and will release it when the ps4 comes out.

But i cant tell Sony wants to make as much money off of that game as they can.
The more practical reason would be that Naughty Dog received the internal PS5 plans and they had to cut it out or delay TLOU Part II MP in order to just release the SP before Sony goes full PS5 marketing.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
It predicted the last of us release date correctly back in June.

I remember either Jason or Zhuge saying it was delayed and planned for february around the time when DS release date was announced at the end of May.

If the tweet was after that then it's most likely just parroting things making itself seem like a insider.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
You guys want to know what i think.
I honestly think Naughty Dog removed the multiplayer from The Last of us 2 separately because they didnt want it to hurt the score of the game....Because they are going to micro transaction the hell out of that Online multiplayer. Lol, I honestly think they did it on purpose, and will release it when the ps4 comes out.

But i cant tell Sony wants to make as much money off of that game as they can.

Realistically speaking, if that were actually the reason then they could just do what Rockstar did and launch the multiplayer a month or so after the game released. That way the multiplayer aspect wouldn't impact the score of the game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Eh. Falcom makes really cheap-looking stuff, not the kinds of games Sony would be able to get much mileage out of. You'd basically just have a studio that caters to Falcom's very small niche of the RPG market rather than actually building a franchise with real potential. It wouldn't be a good acquisition at all.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Realistically speaking, if that were actually the reason then they could just do what Rockstar did and launch the multiplayer a month or so after the game released. That way the multiplayer aspect wouldn't impact the score of the game.
Exactly, there's not a shred of truth in this. Naughty Dog has been hiring multiplayer programmers and designers for the last several month which is not something they would do if that portion of the game was anywhere close to ready.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching a YouTube video and it mentioned this twitter account named pserebus.
It predicted the last of us release date correctly back in June. Now it's saying that there's going to be a PSX in November. We will see 👀

There is no way they are showing the console a full year out. Pretty late to be announcing a PSX that's less than 30 days away. People have to book flights and hotels. Nope.

Oct 27, 2017

Smells like bullshit to me. For one I don't think Sony would have it in November instead of December, and for another it's the kind of event people would need to prepare for so they'd need more than 5-6 weeks' notice.

Eh. Falcom makes really cheap-looking stuff, not the kinds of games Sony would be able to get much mileage out of. You'd basically just have a studio that caters to Falcom's very small niche of the RPG market rather than actually building a franchise with real potential. It wouldn't be a good acquisition at all.

I agree. Falcom is super-niche. That being said, it seems like a relatively cheap acquisition and maybe with WWS support they could grow into a much more impressive developer in a similar way to MonolithSoft.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Well, at the end of the last SoP they did say "see you soon", so...

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
I remember either Jason or Zhuge saying it was delayed and planned for february around the time when DS release date was announced at the end of May.

If the tweet was after that then it's most likely just parroting things making itself seem like a insider.

Also Ashley Johnson herself told us in that interview in early June she heard it was coming out in Fehhhh.....and stopped herself.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
PSX on November???

Huh, I thought it could be the other way around; new State of Play in November & PSX at December coincide with 25 years of PlayStation?
shrug_1f937.png

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Big AAA titles as a focus was Shawn Layden's first-party strategy, and it was also something that was established as part of WWS portfolio vision prior to the increased competition from streaming/sub/etc models.

The bulk of games we'll see in the first 3-ish years of the PS5 will very much be fruit of Shawn's "F/B/M" approach, we'll see if that holds true in coming years.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Big AAA titles as a focus was Shawn Layden's first-party strategy, and it was also something that was established as part of WWS portfolio vision prior to the increased competition from streaming/sub/etc models.

The bulk of games we'll see in the first 3-ish years of the PS5 will very much be fruit of Shawn's "F/B/M" approach, we'll see if that holds true in coming years.

I hope not, I want more balance between big AAA and games smaller in scope like Concrete Genie.... 65% AAA and 35% indie parnerships - AA first party games would do the trick IMHO

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
There isn't enough stuff for a PSX this year, Tlou2 got already a date and new gameplay, also Iron Man VR.

Last big upcoming 1st party title without many infos is Ghost of Tsushima, 3rd party exclusives like Yakuza 7 had a big blow out at TGS and Granblue Relink will have an own event in december.

Project Awakening or Babylon's Fall together with GoT could be possible but I doubt that...

Oct 25, 2017
Why would WWS support grow Falcom as opposed to keeping them where they are at (like Pixel Opus etc) so they can provide a diverse title without much upkeep?

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Why would WWS support grow Falcom as opposed to keeping them where they are at (like Pixel Opus etc) so they can provide a diverse title without much upkeep?
I think Falcom would heavily profit from more technical help. Story, gameplay and music are great, but those graphics really hurt their sales. A Falcom game with Tales of Arise graphics would be amazing.

Oct 1, 2019
There isn't enough stuff for a PSX this year, Tlou2 got already a date and new gameplay, also Iron Man VR.

Last big upcoming 1st party title without many infos is Ghost of Tsushima, 3rd party exclusives like Yakuza 7 had a big blow out at TGS and Granblue Relink will have an own event in december.

Project Awakening or Babylon's Fall together with GoT could be possible but I doubt that...
Same. I'm skeptical that there will be another SoP this year, let alone a PSX.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I think Falcom would heavily profit from more technical help. Story, gameplay and music are great, but those graphics really hurt their sales. A Falcom game with Tales of Arise graphics would be amazing.

Even Atelier Ryza have better graphics than Ys IX, in my opinion.

If Ryza's thighs also supported by the updated art, then it deserve all the highest sales in the series. /half joking

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Keep all the reveals for February thank you. I want that month to be even better than it already is.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Most of the games that came out this gen started under Shu and the first part of PS5 life will be full of sequels .
So it going to be interesting to see if Shawn's "F/B/M" approach really effect anything or it was just going to be like that anyway .

Oct 27, 2017

It doesn't need to be a conference. Just having it as a PlayStation fan expo event where they can play the latest games (Death Stranding, Concrete Genie, Medievil, Dreams, Blood and Truth, VR games, Days Gone, Spidey GotY, etc) and either play upcoming stuff or having sizzle reels or developer walkthroughs showing some new footage for TLoU2, Iron Man, Predator, etc, as well as having multiplayer setups so people can play GT Sport or Uncharted 4 or Wipeout HD or even third party games like COD: Modern Warfare would be an awesome event. It doesn't need to have a conference to still be a great time celebrating the history of PS (especially as it's the 25th anniversary), maybe with a particular focus on PS4 as this will be the last year it will be in the limelight.

I think PSX should be a yearly event and they really don't need to have an actual conference there with new announcements and whatnot. It should just be a fan expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.