• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is Folkelore worth going back to these days? I never did grab it back in the day, seems unlikely to ever get ported/remastered either so I think I should get round to picking it up sooner rather than later.

It's very much an early PS3 game, which is to say it's a PS2 game with very good graphics. As long as you're okay with that, sure.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The question is more: does the person gave any credibility (e.g. Are they a reviewer?) or are they just pretending to be playing the game?

Bingo. If they're a reviewer, they shouldn't be talking about the game out of NDA, and if they're not a reviewer, how do they have the game? Or are they just bullshitting to piggyback on the fact that the press just got their copies?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
There's more to it than just preorders.
Benji was saying the same thing with Control (obviously DS will sell a lot more, but tweets are not enough to think about sales performance before it's out).
Of course but it's still interesting to have tidbits like this, knowing that preorders are strong especially digitally

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
His Bio says everything you need to know about him.
Screenshot_2019-10-16-17-28-13.png

Lol

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
MGS was really not that big big seller, DS outperforming it would not be that crazy.
It's still 5 millions copies in 1 month, Death Stranding outperforms a hyped game like MGS5 would be a very good performance, especially for a new IP available in 1 platform and which may be a divisive game

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like this thread is no longer safe for those on a media blackout for Death Stranding ☹️

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
MGS was really not that big big seller, DS outperforming it would not be that crazy.

The franchise sold more than 50 millions units. MGS1, 2 and 4 were some of the best selling games in their respective consoles, all of them were above 5 millions and this was ages ago.

Phantom Pain shipped 5M in the first month. Death Stranding launch outperforming it would be crazy, that would be close to GOW territory. I don't think it will be close to that but I would be glad if I'm wrong.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
It's still 5 millions copies in 1 month, Death Stranding outperforms a hyped game like MGS5 would be a very good performance, especially for a new IP available in 1 platform and which may be a divisive game

Sure, im not saying it's bad number but MGS was never that big hitter that people think it is.

The franchise sold more than 50 millions units. MGS1, 2 and 4 were some of the best selling games in their respective consoles, all of them were above 5 millions and this was ages ago.

Phantom Pain shipped 5M in the first month. Death Stranding launch outperforming it would be crazy, that would be close to GOW territory. I don't think it will be close to that but I would be glad if I'm wrong.

And GT sold back to back over 10M back then, my point is that MGS was never a big big seller that DS can't compete.

DS will absolutly ship over 3M in the first month too, and that is on a single platform

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
And GT sold back to back over 10M back then, my point is that MGS was never a big big seller that DS can't compete.

DS will absolutly ship over 3M in the first month too, and that is on a single platform

Yeah GT and GTA were on a league of their own back there.

3M would be great. Let's see if Sony will share the numbers or if it's going to be another Days Gone.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah GT and GTA were on a league of their own back there.

3M would be great. Let's see if Sony will share the numbers or if it's going to be another Days Gone.

Infamous sold about 1M in 9 days, i really see those 3M as very doable.

I won't be surprised if Kojima himslef just shared the numbers if they do big numbers.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Sucker Punch

Finance and Business Administrator
The Finance and Business Administrator will be responsible for all aspects finance, accounting, and budgeting for a 100 person video game studio, in accordance with corporate finance procedures. In addition to day-to-day management of accounts payable/receivable, petty cash, and purchasing, the Finance and Business Manager will be responsible for all accounting and financial analysis, reporting and internal control functions for Sucker Punch.

Producer
Sucker Punch is looking for a Producer with a passion for video games. The Producer will work with the production team and team leads across all areas of the project to manage the development process, including team scheduling and milestone planning, identifying dependencies and possible workflow blockages, facilitating communication across disciplines and identifying and managing high risk areas of production.

Sound Implementer
Are you a quick learning, self-starter looking for a fun challenge and a great team to collaborate with? Sucker Punch is searching for a Sound Implementer to assist our team in hooking up sounds in game. Candidates should have a strong foundational understanding of game engines and various methodologies for adding sounds to games.

QA Manager
Here at Sucker Punch we're hard at work on Ghost of Tsushima, and we're looking for an experienced manager for our QA Team. You'll be responsible for the entire Quality Assurance process, from the strategic planning to final verification, in order to help Sucker Punch ship a best-in-class AAA game for the PlayStation console.

QA Tester
Sucker Punch is looking to bring on detail-oriented Quality Assurance contractors. You must have experience working with bug databases and share our passion for video games. If you have a positive attitude, the ability to be flexible in both task and schedule, and the ability to function well in a team environment, this job may be perfect for you!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Show me the proof... I'd genuinely be surprised if MS gives Sony the power lead next gen, I do wonder just what the consoles will cost next gen (I have money put away for the PS5 already) as I get the idea that'll be the bigger focal point - well, that and the games, which I trust Sony way more in the long run than MS, new studios or not.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I know all the review talk is around Death Stranding right now, but embargo for Monkey King Hero is Back dropped today

It's not a particularly good game.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
As a racing game fan I'm really feeling the loss of Evolution Studios in Sony's lineup. Gran Turismo is great, but I really wish Sony had a more fun side of the racing world like Microsoft does with Playground Studios.

Show me the proof... I'd genuinely be surprised if MS gives Sony the power lead next gen, I do wonder just what the consoles will cost next gen (I have money put away for the PS5 already) as I get the idea that'll be the bigger focal point - well, that and the games, which I trust Sony way more in the long run than MS, new studios or not.
This "power lead" will likely be so small as to not really matter at all. Kind of like how the XB1X has a more powerful CPU than the PS4 Pro. It's only slightly more powerful. A pretty much meaningless difference.

This is what I've expected for a while now. Both companies working with AMD means you're likely going to get a very similar box at a very similar price. The only reason things ended up so different last time was because Microsoft made some really foolish decisions.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
As a racing game fan I'm really feeling the loss of Evolution Studios in Sony's lineup. Gran Turismo is great, but I really wish Sony had a more fun side of the racing world like Microsoft does with Playground Studios.

This "power lead" will likely be so small as to not really matter at all. Kind of like how the XB1X has a more powerful CPU than the PS4 Pro. It's only slightly more powerful. A pretty much meaningless difference.

This is what I've expected for a while now. Both companies working with AMD means you're likely going to get a very similar box at a very similar price. The only reason things ended up so different last time was because Microsoft made some really foolish decisions.
Uh, the Xbox One X Is significantly more powerful than the Pro lol.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I know all the review talk is around Death Stranding right now, but embargo for Monkey King Hero is Back dropped today

It's not a particularly good game.

It always looked like Knack with another packaging, even the way Monkey King guy runs looks like they are slightly altered from Knack's running animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.