• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Insomniac seems to be teasing a PS4 port of Sunset Overdrive:

They just randomly posted this screenshot that has a shitton of blue in it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but this one's full of blue
5018078558386913330rjb7.png

I'm not getting that at all? I don't think it's a tease.
It isn't.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Did Sony say anything about how Days Gone did? They've been pretty silent since the reviews dropped. I'm sure sold a few millions but for a studio to not release anything for 7 years in between, I'm surprised they didn't say anything.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Did Sony say anything about how Days Gone did? They've been pretty silent since the reviews dropped. I'm sure sold a few millions but for a studio to not release anything for 7 years in between, I'm surprised they didn't say anything.

No, although they some times release sales data for games during their financial reports. So the next time one of those come around we could hear something.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
No, although they some times release sales data for games during their financial reports. So the next time one of those come around we could hear something.
In their financial reports, they only reported numbers which were previously released officially so that's unlikely we'll get numbers for Days Gone :(

The only new number which will be in their next financial report is Spider-Man at 13.2m copies sold

Jan 20, 2019

It did well, in the USA it is the 6 best selling title all time(exclusives) assuming that the same thing happen in the EU, it should have sold around 4M.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony Bend also describes their hiring ads with something akin to "Come join us to work on our new game following the successful Days Gone".

We can read between the lines and see Days Gone did quite well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Still shots don't really do Concrete Genie justice, as you can't see your genies playing around in the backgrounds. So many of the trophies are solely down to interacting with the genies in certain, really fun ways. Looks amazing. But short. I'm already on the finale. Still, well worth the money no doubt.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just remembered this November 2018 interview with Supermassive Games managing director Pete Samuels by 4PDA.ru:

Pete Samuels said:
"Well, our relationship with Sony is still excellent. We are working on several unannounced PlayStation exclusives. True, it is impossible to talk about them in detail. In general, I really wanted to present our work to the widest possible audience. That is, The Dark Pictures needs to be released on several platforms."

One of the topics at the time was the fact that he said "PlayStation exclusives" and not "PS4 exclusives." That being said, a new Supermassive Games title for PS5 at launch doesn't seem like too far-fetched of an idea.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll finally have a ps jrpg at ps5 at launch, i can feel it~
Just remembered this November 2018 interview with Supermassive Games managing director Pete Samuels by 4PDA.ru:

One of the topics at the time was the fact that he said "PlayStation exclusives" and not "PS4 exclusives." That being said, a new Supermassive Games title for PS5 at launch doesn't seem like too far-fetched of an idea.
I need my campy horror game fix with UD 2 please

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

At the time I figured this way of speaking was because it could be for PS4, PlayLink or PSVR. But yeah, seeing how no software for these platforms have been announced by them since, PS5 sounds plausible

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Have they several teams ? If not, with their Dark Anthology series, a game at launch will be tough

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if an Until Dawn 2 makes sense given the story of the original. It seems best to just start something entirely new. I'd love to see a full on slasher-type horror game from them.
It will be a different group of course but with the same campy vibe they have on UD2, I even want to up the cheese factor

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It will be a different group of course but with the same campy vibe they have on UD2, I even want to up the cheese factor

What i'm talking about is that the mystery for UD is gone now that we know about the Wendigo. In the first game you initially think that it's about a slasher. But then as you play you find out about the Wendigo. So i'd honestly prefer them to do something else. Unless Until Dawn just becomes a horror story series where there's no connection to each game.

Oct 25, 2017
🙏🏾

You already beat it?

I could see it.

Housemarque
Supermassive
Sony Japan

Etc..

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What i'm talking about is that the mystery for UD is gone now that we know about the Wendigo. In the first game you initially think that it's about a slasher. But then as you play you find out about the Wendigo. So i'd honestly prefer them to do something else. Unless Until Dawn just becomes a horror story series where there's no connection to each game.
The latter part of your reply is what I mean, different story altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.