• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
I think you guys are taking Shus jokes a little too serious. One phone call from him and he gets access.
He just wanted to promote the price reduction and new games via Twitter.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You never know.. I am not sure it will happen but stranger things have happened.

I'm calling BS on this prediction. DS is a new IP, on a single platform, and has divisive game mechanics and story. I'm sure preorders are solid due to Kojima's fans, but overall this game won't be as mainstream as MGS V.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling BS on this prediction. DS is a new IP, on a single platform, and has divisive game mechanics and story. I'm sure preorders are solid due to Kojima's fans, but overall this game won't be as mainstream as MGS V.
The game is putting insane metrics with every trailer, and looking at the ratio of likes:dislikes it doesn't look to be as divisive as you'd looking here or under every tweet about the game. If days managed to do around 4 million so far, Death Stranding is doing a lot bigger than that.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Concrete Genie |OT| Blue Magic
Concrete Genie |OT| When You're The Best of Friends
Concrete Genie |OT| Been Spending Most Of Our Lives Living In A Painted Paradise

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I think concrete genie could join PSnow after Gow and the others leave. Not sure if i would like the game, but damn it is pretty and tempting.
Not but due to backlog but i may sub so psnow a few months to play SotC or maybe TLG

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Concrete Genie |OT| Is that a Banksy?

Concrete Genie |OT| Videogames are Art

Concrete Genie |OT| SIE Paint

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
I agree, but MGS V didn't sell really well, so I can see Death Stranding doing better than it.

Death Stranding won't sell as well as Uncharted 4, God of War, Horizon : Zero Dawn or Marvel's Spider-Man, it probably won't cross the 10M line, but it can do between 5M and 10M.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, but MGS V didn't sell really well, so I can see Death Stranding doing better than it.

Death Stranding won't sell as well as Uncharted 4, God of War, Horizon : Zero Dawn or Marvel's Spider-Man, it probably won't cross the 10M line, but it can do between 5M and 10M.

Didn't TPP sell over six million in 2015 alone?

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I honestly think it's less him wanting a free ride (Shu with PSNOW) and more him wanting to experience it at a consumer level. I mean that's the only way to really guage products like this without being biased.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Where did you hear this? MGS V has sold at least 10 million copies; it had already shipped 6 million units by the start of 2016, three months after release.

I would pay no attention to the controversies on forums. People buy these games, just like they go and see certain movies, no matter what's the discussion around them. Death Stranding is poised to do the same, as long as the game is received with similar fanfare to every KP game before.

Not but due to backlog but i may sub so psnow a few months to play SotC or maybe TLG
None of those games are available on PS Now (though you can play the original SOTC remaster via its PS3 version, just like ICO). Both are on sale right now, by the way.

Last edited:

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Didn't TPP sell over six million in 2015 alone?
Yes, but it didn't have great legs. In the UK, it wasn't in the 50 best selling games of 2016. On Steam, it was in the top 100 for 2016 (at the lowest tier) then disappeared and never reappeared in this ranking.

Metal Gear Solid V was probably profitable, but it probably didn't offer a significant return on investment for Konami.

Where did you hear this? MGS V has sold at least 10 million copies; it had already shipped 6 million units by the start of 2016, three months after release.
I read it there. A french article behind a paywall, but it explained that the majority of sales of this game has been done during the first month (70% of its sales during its first month in the US, 60% of its sales in first week in France) and that 6M isn't a lot for a game which cost more than 70M to make.

I think it will be the same for Death Stranding: a great start, even better than Metal Gear Solid V, but I doubt the game will have great legs.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should delay Concrete Genie and bump it up to AAA quality.
giphyobk0q.gif

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Concrete Genie already looks AAA just from its presentation...not sure what else they could do bar add HDR, but I think they said that's coming soon anyway.

tumblr_ozpt82jLZD1qe9lpso5_r1_500.gif
40as4x.gif

6fps40.gif

This is gonna be PS4's Puppeteer.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I think concrete genie could join PSnow after Gow and the others leave. Not sure if i would like the game, but damn it is pretty and tempting.
They could even add it in Nov :P

But I will wait to see what is the exact strategy about that « marquee selection »
Will they add their first party games ? Or was it just for that first month to attract people ?

Will they add recent AAA third party games like CTR or Control or a bit older like RE2 Remake / KH3 ?

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here thinks Blue Point games are working on another Sony IP remake? They have been silent since saying they were working on their biggest project to date.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Concrete Genie already looks AAA just from its presentation...not sure what else they could do bar add HDR, but I think they said that's coming soon anyway.

tumblr_ozpt82jLZD1qe9lpso5_r1_500.gif
40as4x.gif

6fps40.gif

This is gonna be PS4's Puppeteer.
Wait, Concrete Genie won't get HDR? This game looks like built with that tech in mind.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Dude... God of War sold 10 million in 1 year.

In what universe would TLOU2 sold less than that considering it is currently Sony's biggest IP? 8 million is a ridiculous prediction. TLOU1 did that back in 2013 on freaking PS3.

Hell, a new IP like Horizon almost reached 8 million in 1 year (7.6 mi).
Where did I even say TLOU2 would sell 8M? I said it'll go past that easily.
Seriously, read what you're replying to.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I don't know really... Just look at the YouTube views, the whole Kojima being fired and Sony adopting him marketing has been really powerful but I'm not sure about actual sales

Status
Not open for further replies.