• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing compromised about it, it's a collection of content being presented to their viewers in a 20-30 minute window. Games like Watam and the PSVR showcase benefited from being presented with the anticipation of seeing The Last of Us 2. Its just ANOTHER way of presenting content, not "either this way or that way". They even use the PlayStation Blog as third choice to present content, information, and updates

The fact is, State of Plays work well the same way Nintendo Directs do. They just are saving most their meaningful content for when the PS5 is unveiled.

You will have more of a point if Death Stranding didn't skip SOP almost entirely. Why games that were shown in May's SOP couldn't benefit from Death Stranding? Why not show Judgment or Control in May's SOP?

It is another way of presenting content, it's just not the best way with the games Sony are known for. Nobody is arguing SOP shouldn't exist, at least not from me. Like I said numerous times before Sony will have the best of both worlds with live conferences to show AAA games and SOP for smaller stuff.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
With that Direct PS thing that they announced today, it makes me think that It would be interesting if Sony turned PS+ into a service more like Amazon Prime. If they manage to create some benefits for subscribers outside the console system, it may be big.

Something like having access to watch the PlayStation Productions Movies or Series without to pay for one more service would be very welcome.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The Last Of Us 2's Collector's Edition Has A Heartfelt Note From Its Director, Here's What It Says
Druckmann says, with TLOU2, that he and the team at Naughty Dog are posing "difficult questions" and digging into the "darkest sides of human nature" to see what the limits of people are. "With The Last of Us Part 2, we set out to create an experience that explores these difficult questions, the darkest sides of human nature, and the vicious cycles of violence that we witness in the world around us on a daily basis," he writes. "The result is a game crafted by hundreds of developers that pushed themselves to create something more than mere entertainment--a game that we're incredibly proud of and that we hope will enthrall you and challenge your own views of justice and empathy. On behalf of everyone at Naughty Dog, we want to thank you for embarking on this journey with us."

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Would be weird...

Were there any big Sony games the past years without an preview event ?

All the more recent ones had preview events. Can't remember if Uncharted 4 had one.

At this point it seems like they're waiting until it's gone gold, that way it's in the most polished state possible before letting people get their hands on it.

It might still happen but they are running out of time. They have to give the press some notice. We'll see.

Nov 8, 2017
I guess I'm the only one but I do wonder why God of War isn't being sold on their new store. They have God of War III but not the new one? What would be the reason to leave that game out?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Gave the Medievil demo a try. And after spending a good 20 minutes with it... I still can't tell what the FPS is. Its pretty darn smooth in 90% of the level, minor drops here or there but feels good all round, certainly better than some of that preview footage shown previously. Feels like 60FPS but I'm not sure. Hopefully reviews, or even better a Digital Foundry comparison between the different versions will confirm.

Speaking of which, graphically I'm really liking the game, its got a unique art style for the main character and the moody levels really benefit from the extra polish from the PS4. It looks pretty damn nice, foliage waving in the wind, the moon light reflecting out of puddles... I really like it.

Combat felt ok, better than I remember it at least. Its not amazing (then again I wasn't expecting DMC5 or anything!) and it seems serviceable enough, while it didn't pose a problem I'm hoping the camera behaves itself, this can easily be the biggest issue in any platformer/action game.

All in all, I'm glad I pre ordered. Its only £25, so its in the impulse buy territory. Assuming performance in the rest of the game is as good as in the demo it'll be fab I'm sure.

Now, time to give Dreams a shot!

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Remember that tomorrow there will be free TLOU: Part II avatars (and themes?) for Outbreak Day. It only lasts 24 hours.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
cPHsw8a.png

waV4RIa.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima will be one of the last PS4 games release make alot of sense, since they release a PS4 game early this gen.

Not to mention its a new IP.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Still think Ghosts of Tsushima comes out well before PS5/holiday season. I could see it slotting into late May/June.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I can believe Ghost launches sooner than the PS5 launch. Though on the other hand, if its within a few months of the PS5 launch I'll be very torn - I'd want to experience it in the best possible way, but at the same time I'm far too weak to not play the game at launch. Doh.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
Tsushima release date trailer would be perfect at TGA but somehow i feel it will be January/February State of Play

Status
Not open for further replies.