• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Will this SoP be the last episode for this year?

If it is, I hope it would go big, since PSX 2019 hasn't been confirmed yet...

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I won't watch SoP. Don't want to see anything related to TLoU 2.

But good for you if you wanna watch it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
and is that how people would like to see, for example the last of us part 2? i dont think a 4 minute narrated video explaining the gameplay mechanics would have got anywhere near the level of interest as the E3 2018 gameplay reveal. i really do think that different type of games need to be shown differently. Not all games benefit from that type of deep dive showcase.

Would people not like to see a 4 minute narrated explanation of gameplay mechanics? One does not preclude the other.

A game can be marketed in multiple ways. You can have a 10 minute deep dive and a 4 minute narrated video, that's the beauty of having Direct like presentations that don't require big events.

Oct 25, 2017
are we seriously basing anything about how many pages a thread on ERA as any indication on hype?

I'll admit they haven't been the Nintendo direct many have been hoping for. But that FF7 teaser in the last one literally had the entire internet talking. At best we think there will be something TLOUII related in this one. Other than that we have no idea. That's why there's not much to talk about lol.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
are we seriously basing anything about how many pages a thread on ERA as any indication on hype?

I'll admit they haven't been the Nintendo direct many have been hoping for. But that FF7 teaser in the last one literally had the entire internet talking. At best we think there will be something TLOUII related in this one. Other than that we have no idea. That's why there's not much to talk about lol.
Yes.
We all know that ERA is the best barometer in all internet gaming wise.

Just look at the thread "what game will flop in X year?"

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

1z4krk.png

2ppjui.png

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
There could be one more SoP at the end of the year focused on GoT, and a little PS5 tease.

Full PS5 reveal event in NYC will probably be early 2020

houseps4.jpg

Then, the details/price/launch lineup revealed at E3

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
That rumor also claimed State of Play gonna be on 27th which turned out to be false.
That's a different rumor, the 22nd of January meeting rumor is from yesterday.

I am not basing my claims of a downward engagement trend solely on that, I am just mentioning era pages because it's closer to people here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

This is potentially great news but also potentially bad news.

Great news in that they are just tightening up those amazing animations we've been drooling over the last year. Bad news in that they are struggling to get those animations look as good in actual gameplay.

Less than a week until we find out either way.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

It's gonna be great to finally have some new footage/gif material...

I really hope they get rid of the in your face arrow markers, really not TLOU like.

Maybe keep some kinda like directional sound and blurring on the edge of the screen, something like the first game. Just no massive markers please this ain't the game for that.

Quite a lot of Directs are average at best and snorefests at worst. There are of course ones they knock it out of the park but let's not pretend many low points do not exist.

I don't want sony to give up conferences. The energy of live conferences is something entirely different. No direct video format can match a good conference showing. Keep the State of play to bridge the gaps in between but still have a few major conferences every year = perfection

For real, screw Directs - there's nothing like a hype live conference.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Ah, so there were two different rumors about the January meeting? Gotcha.
The new rumor is actually also separated to 2 4 chan posts, the first being very vague (Jan 22nd at Sony hall, will discuss design, specs, games, goals etc. will launch in October), and the second being very detailed, however I think the second one was just a fake piggybacking on the first post as some details doesn't make much sense (like announcing a remastered version of the last of us part 2 a month before the games launch).
The reason why I am not dismissing the first post is because it mentions the event being set in sony hall, most fakes would probably say PlayStation theater, but the PlayStation theater is closing down later this year, so the poster did their homework.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground

Great news in that they are just tightening up those amazing animations we've been drooling over the last year. Bad news in that they are struggling to get those animations look as good in actual gameplay.

I think it's a reach to say this could potentially be bad news. We already know they're using motion matching combined with whatever other animation techniques they have.

Oct 25, 2017
The new rumor is actually also separated to 2 4 chan posts, the first being very vague (Jan 22nd at Sony hall, will discuss design, specs, games, goals etc. will launch in October), and the second being very detailed, however I think the second one was just a fake piggybacking on the first post as some details doesn't make much sense (like announcing a remastered version of the last of us part 2 a month before the games launch).
The reason why I am not dismissing the first post is because it mentions the event being set in sony hall, most fakes would probably say PlayStation theater, but the PlayStation theater is closing down later this year, so the poster did their homework.
Once we are in 2020, I can't imagine the number of rumor posts about PS5 if we already have people piggybacking other rumors. It's getting crazier and crazier.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

Lol imagine spinning that tweet like this.

Oct 25, 2017

You have a wild imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.