• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I mean, that's ultimately what they're going for. They don't want the violence to be seen like most games where it's presented as being cool. It's supposed to be disgusting and make you want to talk about it.
There's Doom violence and then there's The Last of Us violence. Doom is awesome with the exaggerated gorey goopy action, whereas the Last of Us puts in some realism that few games have achieved.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Shinobi hinting at when we'll get The Last of Us Part II previews and footage

That's the 26th just like Outbreak Day for the unaware
Wait, isnt joels birthday a day before outbreak day? Iirc Sarah gives joel the birthday a bit before midnight ("its way past your bedtime" "but its still today") but the outbreak started while she was asleep.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
There's Doom violence and then there's The Last of Us violence. Doom is awesome with the exaggerated gorey goopy action, whereas the Last of Us puts in some realism that few games have achieved.

I really can't think of a game that handles violence the way Part II is going for. Just take this for example

4hbsbwafnkd6.gif

You can see blood pouring out the wound in her cheek.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wait, isnt joels birthday a day before outbreak day? Iirc Sarah gives joel the birthday a bit before midnight ("its way past your bedtime" "but its still today") but the outbreak started while she was asleep.
Yeah, but the Outbreak starts before midnight as well, it just doesn't spread to Joel's house until the 27th. Mark Davies, former Designer at Naughty Dog, confirmed Joel's birthday and Outbreak Day are both on the 26th as well

Apparently the first chapter of the game has a newspaper putting the very opening (before midnight) at the 26th as well.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I would unashamedly and proudly buy knack 3 on day 1. Especially if it had the leap that the 2nd one did compared to the first.

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't think of a game that handles violence the way Part II is going for. Just take this for example

4hbsbwafnkd6.gif

You can see blood pouring out the wound in her cheek.

It's really quite messed up, and I can absolutely see the game forcing a ton of uncomfortable choices and moments on the player.

Hopefully we get some strong thematic/story hints in a week.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Is there anybody here who hasnt jumped on PSVR yet planning to in the future?

I want to. I think I might if there's another good deal this black Friday.

I wonder if the games currently out will be seeing a bump in performance/graphics when PS5 launches. Like I'd love to try skyrim but everything I've read says the visuals are kind of ugly. Wonder if it gets bumped up in PS5.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
GUUUYYYYSSS

We're preparing a pretty hefty show, weighing in at around 20 minutes and sporting a fresh new look. And we'll have some great news to share with you, including new game reveals, new content from PlayStation's Worldwide Studios, and a host of other updates. Should be fun!

Oh, and it probably bears mentioning: Don't expect any updates related to our next-gen plans in this episode.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
interesting that twice in a row they have to mention "dont expect a PS5"
wonder if we might be getting a Playstation meeting invite during a 4th state of play in december.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
New content from Playstation Worldwide Studios. The way they're phrasing this makes it look like it won't be new games from them. Possibly 3rd parties though.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
"Fresh new look" probably means they changed up the video format and presentation, very interested to see what they came up with.

Seems like they have taken the criticism from the previous SoPs seriously.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
"Fresh new look" probably means they changed up the video format and presentation, very interested to see what they came up with.

Seems like they have taken the criticism from the previous SoPs seriously.

Hopefully no more "spoiling" what game appears next. I like the surprise factor in these showcases.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Give me more Concrete Genie and MediEvil, k thanks!

There's this then the holiday line-up then presumably TLOU2 and the PS5 reveals coming in early 2020. Strap in.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
I would be happy with a little GoT trailer. Curious about new game reveals, but not expecting anything huge. Maybe we'll get another character spotlight from DS too.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I wish I could get into Helldivers. The gameplay was fine but not having an actual campaign and just being repetitive as hell made me put it down very quickly.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Head of International Software Development & Special Operations for PlayStation America

Oct 25, 2017
Well well well, wasn't too hard to guess that the 4chan rumor about PS5 ended up being bs. They said SoP was going to be on 27th.

Very excited for this SoP. Maybe there's a good chance that we see Ghost of Tsushima, you never know. And Angie was right all along with the gif hype countdown.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
''new content'' from worldwide studios sounds more like updates than announcements. I'm not expecting any new first-party games tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.