• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaven Shard

Aug 31, 2019
User Warned: Ableist language
boo this man. TLG was great
Heh. You actually liked it? I developed serious hatred for that frustratingly retarded rat. The AI mechanic was almost broken beyond playability. I would wager that that was the problem with the game being delayed then cancelled/almost cancelled before. There were many other issues, but that rat takes the retard-cake...

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
20 days until TLOU2 release date and Joel reveal

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN CHO CHO
FamiliarFearfulCurlew-size_restricted.gif

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Slam trademark could either be a new IP from Clap Hanz or a VR game from Gavin Moore's team I assume.

So far VR games have been trademarked in Japan and regular TV titles trademarked in the west. So my guess is a VR title.

If someone remember Archipel's documentary about Japanese gaming thriving in the global market last year Keiichiro Toyama gave a hint they can now make big games thanks to Unreal Engine. Before everything had to be made from scratch but with Unreal Engine they can now create Japan-like images more flexible and bigger. Custom engines made them stopped evolving according to Toyama because game development increased in size and they can't do both anymore. Are they making a engine or a game. With Unreal Engine they can go directly to design concepts without worrying about making a engine.

Astro Bot or Slam will probably be the last game to use Japan Studio's custom engine which showed some age on PS4.
Ah screw Unreal! Dang that's going to be terrible. It's flexible but ultimately far inferior to a custom engine.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
No way they do that

Joel reveal will be a huge marketing tool
They don't need to show Joel to hype the game,everyone already know he is there,it is more hype to play with the curiosity,don't spoil the Joel reveal before the game is out,imagine if God of War spoiled "that" incredible scene (you know what),I hope they don't show,so people can get crazy.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
We've had these hiding in-store for the last week and honestly I've been itching to re-buy pretty much all of them. The covers look great! (Though there's far too many new releases for my wallet to cope, so I won't be re-buying any ha.)

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I think I'm going to save SotC and TLG for PS5. That performance and visual boost.
I think one of my biggest worries for PS5 is that if Sony will know to make sure to make these forward compatible patches for these key games. I got a personal list of like a dozen games and I'm already betting that Sony isn't gonna do like at least half of em. (.__.)

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
They're all first-party games and Persona 5 isn't, so it makes sense why it wouldn't be there.

The lack of Gravity Rush hurts though, yeah. The artist could've done something really great with that franchise.
They also left out Days Gone and GTS.

They never fail to befuddle me.
There's no topping the Persona 5 steelbook in terms of style anyway. It's sublime.
GOAT steelbook, which will likely be topped by the inevitable P5R steelbook~~~

Heaven Shard

Aug 31, 2019
I would love if they don't show Joel,leave this to when we play the game,would be much more iconic and hype inducing play without knowing how he is or what happened to him.
I hope you are reading this Neil rs
Yes! I completely agree.
I've been on radio silence since after the first trailer. But I know I'll see him by accident since every news feed will post a picture ofa close up of his face and that's unavoidable when scrolling through news.
I know it's a tricky balance between surprising the consumer and making attractive trailers to sell the product in the first place, but examples like this one shouldn't apply. The graphics and atmosphere alone will sell the game. For fans, they are already sold. Leave some 'wow' moments during play.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Spider-Man is at number 4 in the PSN chart

Are these charts simply from the first day of the month through the last day of the month or on a week by week basis like NPD? Because Control not being there at all would be really strange if it's the former.
Edit: Man of Medan is on there so I guess it simply didn't chart. Damn. Hopefully it will be there for September.

Oct 25, 2017
I think one of my biggest worries for PS5 is that if Sony will know to make sure to make these forward compatible patches for these key games. I got a personal list of like a dozen games and I'm already betting that Sony isn't gonna do like at least half of em. (.__.)
I think there will be general improvements just from being on PS5 like way faster loading and framerate locking. We'll have to see if they go beyond that with patches though.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm curious to know how much time and effort goes in to doing HDR right in a video game. I wonder how many people it takes and how much hands on time is required.

I'd love to know this as well. Especially when you consider that HDR support should technically reach a wider group of users. I guess most devs assume that folks who have an HDR-capable TV would prefer 4K support instead.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Either HDR is pretty tricky to implement or that they have folks that aren't familiar with implementing it so they just don't fuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.