• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
Yea, there's too much smoke at this point.

Which is unfortunate; I can't think of a more redundant acquisition for WWS than Remedy.
Remedy owns Alan Wake, a license very popular with fans but above all a horror license, a genre virtually absent from Sony (among others also)

After I do not believe in the acquisition, but at least and it seems certain in view of all these elements, a game PS5 exclusive Remedy.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Watching these Dreams videos is making me want to take an Adderall and dive deep into the customization system. I gave up on it because of how cumbersome the controls were. I'm not a fan of using motion controls when trying to design something. Hopefully, there will be more options in the future.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Watching these Dreams videos is making me want to take an Adderall and dive deep into the customization system. I gave up on it because of how cumbersome the controls were. I'm not a fan of using motion controls when trying to design something. Hopefully, there will be more options in the future.
Mm is working on a non-motion control scheme as well

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tend to agree with the folks who think a Playstation exclusive title is more likely than an outright acquisition of Remedy.

That said, I'm sure things could evolve from that one game if the relationship was solid.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
🤔

JYamW9D.jpg

Love that guy. So happy in his own skin he'll always buy a t-shirt one size too small and still boss it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imo a Remedy acquisition ain't happening after Insomniac. They are too expensive imo. So Sony will go after a mid-sized studio next. Something like Bluepoint, Housemarque and Arrowhead Game Studios. But like I said, I will take Remedy and Ready at Dawn in a heartbeat ;) They're all great.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
I'd love a Remedy PS5 Exclusive to be super deep into some weird Sci-Fi Cosmic Horror that they love to touch but not sink into.

Unless Bloodborne II exists, Ain't nobody at Sony WWS exploring that stuff.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as studios that I think Sony would fund / publish a game from, Remedy seems like a great fit for obvious reasons. Sony is one of the few publishers interested in AAA single player games and thats Remedy's bread and butter.

BUT i wouldnt expect a buyout. Thats never been how Sony works. They work with a studio first.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
I think there is a 89% chance sony acquires remedy.
All these tweets are smoke, and when there is smoke there is fire.
Something is coming out of this for sure.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the studios are trolling at all. They've been tweeting about Remedy in the past due to Control as well. It just seems like they've struck up a friendship with the studio and are expressing support for their new game.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
As far as studios that I think Sony would fund / publish a game from, Remedy seems like a great fit for obvious reasons. Sony is one of the few publishers interested in AAA single player games and thats Remedy's bread and butter.

BUT i wouldnt expect a buyout. Thats never been how Sony works. They work with a studio first.

its different now a days tho. Going forward its about exclusive content. Grabbing up more great dev teams that will produce exclusive content for you is what Sony is looking for now.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the gaming world is really ready for that. It made me hype though!

*Edit*

Magneto is a tier 5 mutant I'm wondering who/how the boss battles would play out?
Idk, Magneto is pretty powerful but there are plenty powerful forces in Marvel and among the X-Men that can contend with him. I'm thinking that some boss fights will be team based kinda like Ornstein and Smough but with 2 additional combatants vs Magneto. You'd have to make full usage of Magneto's powers to avoid defeat and apprehension. Maybe the X-Men could enlist the aid of the Avengers and Fantastic Four to help stop his rampage as well. In that sense, I want boss battles to require the technical skill of Dark Souls and convey the visual spectacle of God of War.

Nov 18, 2018
I'm only an hour or so into Control but I'm loving it so far, so I'd really love to see what Remedy could do with Sony's resources behind them. Fingers crossed for an exclusive game at least because they really seem like a perfect fit.

Oct 25, 2017
i dont have control (was intending on buying it but i am worried about my poor base PS4 performance lol), but from everything i saw of the game, i think part of the fun is uncovering the mysteries of the world, with a licensend franchise game, you can only accomplish that to a rather limited effect.
I played Control an hour today and the atmosphere is just perfect. There's a lot of stuff to read about the Oldest House and what's happening there and I find it all interesting. I do hope they patch that game very soon so that the base console owners can enjoy it properly too.

But yeah, the people at Remedy show us once again with Control how good they are in creating mysteries. If they make a PS5 exclusive, it should be their own IP like you said. Though I'm sure they'd nail pretty much any known property if it fits their style, be it Doctor Strange or something else.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some of the logic going on in this thread. Studios congratulating other studios are now a sign of an acquisition. Are all these studios suppose to know of the deal already? You guys are playing some 4D underwater chess. I guess when Phil Spencer congratulate Shu or a Sony studios, we can tell MS is in the process of buying Sony.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Remedy owns Alan Wake, a license very popular with fans but above all a horror license, a genre virtually absent from Sony (among others also)

After I do not believe in the acquisition, but at least and it seems certain in view of all these elements, a game PS5 exclusive Remedy.

Lol what? They just release Days Gone, a game about a zombie apocalypse. The Last of Us 2 is also coming up. We can argue if they are "real zombies" and whatnot, but these games definitely count as horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.