• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017

Screenshot_2019-08-27_at_15.04.25.png

Guerilla helped out huh? Hmmm

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
A first party developer assisting in a multiplatform project? how often does that even happen 🤔
someone is going to reply to this with death stranding
It's the first time i've seen a Sony first party developer assisting in a multiplatform project! seems like sony wants to purchase remedy seriously!

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Control base PS4 performance isn't that good though...

If Guerilla could give more tips to Remedy; even Horizon base PS4 is good.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Guerrilla probably gave them some technical tips about developing for PS4 and some of you are acting like they co-developed the game.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Control base PS4 performance isn't that good though...

If Guerilla could give more tips to Remedy; even Horizon base PS4 is good.

What issues does Control have on base PS4?

On my PS4 slim, Horizon runs mostly great but definitely pushes the console to it's limits. I see texture pop-in for cutscenes, and attempting to suspend the game gives my console a momentary heart attack.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of Uncharted 2, which gave credits to other studios including Bungie and Infinity Ward.

"We try to be quite open with our technology and our process. We exchanged technology and ideas with other developers. We wanted to make sure we thanked everyone that helped us out in some way."

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
No it was their fastest selling game I think. A lot of people speculate that the news about how toxic the studios culture is put Sony off continuing the relationship, but there's nothing really pointing to that and Sony letting them have PC publishing rights to their games doesn't really point to them ending on bad terms either. It's more likely they both just went about as far as the could together and QD want to go multiplat.
To be completely honest, I really enjoyed Detroit, I think it deserves more success, but the game was heavily discounted (I bought it for 20$ in December 2018 and it was on PlayStation + in July 2019).

Yes, the game was a success, but I don't think it was a huge success, even if it was the fastest selling game from Quantic Dream ever.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
A first party developer assisting in a multiplatform project? how often does that even happen 🤔
someone is going to reply to this with death stranding

Based on the performance issues the game has, Remedy definitely needed the help. The platform they are most familiar with has awful performance. I shudder at the thought of what would've happened without help on PS4.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
They're "looking" a publisher?

"Now" still???

After TLG, instead of going to a publisher to fund the next game, they went for a game-fund.

That particular game fund gave Ueda a lot of freedom ( he didn't even have to promise to actually ship a game ) to basically afford his the past 3 years to do R&D, prototyping and game design brainstorming with his small team to crank out a playable prototype, which will then be used to pitch to a publisher.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Guerilla is helping them with their exclusive title with Sony, and some of the tech they co-developed was used in Control as well?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, yeah, Sony is enjoying the speculation about the Remedy buyout a little bit too much at this point.

As of now, I'd be more surprised if the acquisition DOESN'T happen than I would be if it does.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Remedy is probably just working on a PS5 exclusive and partnering with Sony. An acquisition before they even produced a game together would be really surprising.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, yeah, Sony is enjoying the speculation about the Remedy buyout a little bit too much at this point.

As of now, I'd be more surprised if the acquisition DOESN'T happen than I would be if it does.
After the CEO and the Co-founder sold some of their stock a few days ago, I doubt an acquisition is happening anytime soon. There's definitely something happening behind the scene tho more than just the exclusive content for Control.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Remedy is probably just working on a PS5 exclusive and partnering with Sony. An acquisition before they even produced a game together would be really surprising.
acquiring them before making an exclusive will be much cheaper though (assuming the exclusive is successful), also if its true that sony first party studios assisted in the development in some form, maybe that was meant to try out working with remedy to see if an acquisition could work.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I don't really agree, honestly. From the sounds of it, Remedy is a little worried Control might bomb, and it's possible Sony is going to buy them out as a protective measure to keep them from cratering in case the game doesn't do well.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm debating whether to pick Control up for PS4 or Xbox. Remedy has a history working with Microsoft, so that was what originally decided to go with. However, with rumors of Sony buying Remedy, I was thinking about getting this on PS4.

I know this such a small thing for people. But it'll bother me if my franchise trophy lists aren't in the same platform. Like it'll feel weird to me if my Control 100% is on Xbox while hypothetically I could have a Control 2 platinum trophy (in the case that Sony DOES buy Remedy).

Please help me decide lol

What's everyone's opinion on the chances that Sony will pick up Remedy?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm debating whether to pick Control up for PS4 or Xbox. Remedy has a history working with Microsoft, so that was what originally decided to go with. However, with rumors of Sony buying Remedy, I was thinking about getting this on PS4.

I know this such a small thing for people. But it'll bother me if my franchise trophy lists aren't in the same platform. Like it'll feel weird to me if my Control 100% is on Xbox while hypothetically I could have a Control 2 platinum trophy (in the case that Sony DOES buy Remedy).

Please help me decide lol

What's everyone's opinion on the chances that Sony will pick up Remedy?

At this point it seems like a 50/50 shot. There's a LOT of smoke for the rumors and all this hugging between Remedy and SCEWWS is a little too coincidental to ignore, but at the same time the buyout talks were a while ago so who knows if they moved anywhere.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I still dont believe in a buyout, Remedy made way too many moves to remain independent and sustainable since 2017.

Now, a collab between the two? I can definitely see that, and the current model Remedy has of multiple projects happening at the same time in different levles facilitates that

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
acquiring them before making an exclusive will be much cheaper though (assuming the exclusive is successful), also if its true that sony first party studios assisted in the development in some form, maybe that was meant to try out working with remedy to see if an acquisition could work.

Price is most likely not a concern, its if they see a longterm future with Remedy as a first party studio. Imagine if they had acquired Ready at Dawn ahead of The Order: 1886 (based on their impressive work with PSP spin-offs).... they would have felt like it was a big mistake. Sony seems to do their buying only after a successful new PlayStation franchise has happened.

I don't really agree, honestly. From the sounds of it, Remedy is a little worried Control might bomb, and it's possible Sony is going to buy them out as a protective measure to keep them from cratering in case the game doesn't do well.

There really is not enough evidence to say that, remember Remedy has other projects and even an announced partnership with another publisher.

I mean, same with MS and Double Fine/Ninja Theory, isn't it? If both companies think it's a good fit, why not?

MS needed more studios, especially for Game Pass. Sony's first party has been performing lean and mean all this gen, thats the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.