• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
And how exactly has that any relevance for this thread?
Just read about it really, and Wondering what happens with SP2 and if they'll more closely follow the world Insomaniac made. Either way FFH needs at least one direct sequel and then they could split off.

And honestly this thread talks about everything from acquisitions, nostalgia, memes, what MS is doing, etc..and your giving me shit about slightly off topic Sony/Marvel situation just because you happen to be annoyed by the topic. If Sony has a financial updates we talk about everything here from their insurance to cell phones.

U can kick rocks with that thread police bullshit applies to you too Loudninja

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Man this partnership thing with Sony/Marvel is really a drag. FFH is like the best Spider-Man ever, and we need a direct sequel. Both companies need to compromise to make this happen.
The same duo of writers will script the third Spider-Man and they can now center the story on Spider-Man and the characters of this universe, it could be a well written movie

They should introduce Miles to be able to do a spin-off about him and expand the Spider-Man universe

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Damn, the anti-MP defence forcefield working on overdrive in here last 24hrs. You guys gonna start needing more users to power it soon.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
What were peoples opinion when Sam Lake sold shy of 14k of his shares in 2017? Was this a sign that there was a larger entity waiting to acquire this studio with the intention of paying zero premium. Probably wasn't. More reasonable and likely assumption was that he needed the money at the time. Some users are making strange logic leaps where the current CEO and founder selling very modest amount of their shares (5% and 4%) should be considered as a sign of future acquisition and Remedy stock going down to drain. The same thing happens again-and-again when prominent game developers, studio owners etc. congratulate other studios or people in the industry and soon after some users take their whiteboard and start wondering deeper meaning of those tweets.

Also, just a reminder here are the quotes from Zhuge when these rumors started:

"I can probably guess the sources they talked to, given the Remedy stuff has been making the rounds."

"I'd have to look into it more. I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe a deal has happened at this point. Only that it was explored."

"Right. I personally don't expect much to happen tbh."

My guess is that these kind of talks happens more often than people think - especially nowadays. And only handful of these cases are leaked to the public. In the case of Remedy I do think Sony is (or at least has been) interested to publish one of their current projects. Either the multiplayer game called Vanquard or currently untitled (single-player?) game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Just read about it really, and Wondering what happens with SP2 and if they'll more closely follow the world Insomaniac made. Either way FFH needs at least one direct sequel and then they could split off.

And honestly this thread talks about everything from acquisitions, nostalgia, memes, what MS is doing, etc..and your giving me shit about slightly off topic Sony/Marvel situation just because you happen to be annoyed by the topic. If Sony has a financial updates we talk about everything here from their insurance to cell phones.

U can kick rocks with that thread police bullshit applies to you too Loudninja
What the hell lol

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I'd hop in here to say that I finally beat Horizon: Zero Dawn and whew! What a game!

I tried to get into it for ages, but it only really clicked after I played a ton of Monster Hunter: World.

In terms of visuals, I don't think I've played a better looking game this gen. Gameplay-wise, I'm hoping they can kick things up to 11 in a sequel. Most mechanics felt borrowed from other games, but that makes it all the more impressive that GG gave us such a solid version of those mechanics on their first try.

As folks are talking about MP, I'd like to add that I think Horizon could excel there. Don't give me PvP nonsense. I want a group of friends working together to take down giant robot animals.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Gameplay-wise, I'm hoping they can kick things up to 11 in a sequel. Most mechanics felt borrowed from other games, but that makes it all the more impressive that GG gave us such a solid version of those mechanics on their first try.

Yup, considering they had never done neither a third person, an RPG or an open world game before, they've got a surprising amount of things nailed. Ranged combat is absolutely delightful, feels so good. They definitely need to improve the melee (if they're to keep it): give it a bit more complexity, add some combos, borrow liberally from melee focused TP games, like Bloodborne :D maybe add a skill tree to buy up melee moves. The skill trees themselves weren't very exciting, so that needs a rejigger. The world economy was pointless, but they know that and the economy that is in the game was a last minute rejigger anyways. Human combat needs to be more interesting to stand up well enough to the machine combat.

The thing I feel most, though, is that the game needs to be a bit more systemic. You have a day and night cycle, weather patterns, make them matter. Make machine and human behaviors change with those. Make the elemental weapons interact more with the environment. Take one or fifteen pages out of Far Cry 2 and 3, if necessary.

As folks are talking about MP, I'd like to add that I think Horizon could excel there. Don't give me PvP nonsense. I want a group of friends working together to take down giant robot animals.

Big Hunt mode, multiplayer hunting special machine variants (like Redmaw, but actually make them unique, like boosted stats and stuff), without all the Focus trickery Aloy has to help her :D

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Has SIE or the development team hinted at the official release date for Dreams? Is Xmas 2019 an option?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Man I'm tired of ppl complaints about the thread. As soon as something goes one iota off topic you get all this back seat modding and ppl trying to control the narrative. Let me live my best life! Lol.

ArmGunar can they still use Miles?

Kenzodielocke well this is my first time bringing it up and I don't really care about what ur fed up with because of what ur reading on the Internet. It's not even completely off topic and you don't own this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the anti-MP defence forcefield working on overdrive in here last 24hrs. You guys gonna start needing more users to power it soon.
So what kinda mp would you guys li...
Thread:
CpZsjtS.gif

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
ArmGunar can they still use Miles?
Yeah for sure, Sony controls 900 Spider-Man characters related to Spider-Man universe

After 2 decades of Peter Parker and the popularity of the Academy winning Spider-Verse, it's time to introduce Miles to avoid the probably decline of Spider-Man popularity (especially if the next one will be not MCU related)

SIE Worldwide Studios |OT6| ReVenge of the 5th.
Bad? Decent? Good?
I think everyone will go with "Everybody has a Price" for the next title ahah

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah for sure, Sony controls 900 Spider-Man characters related to Spider-Man universe

After 2 decades of Peter Parker and the popularity of the Academy winning Spider-Verse, it's time to introduce Miles to avoid the probably decline of Spider-Man popularity (especially if the next one will be not MCU related)

I think everyone will go with "Everybody has a Price" for the next title ahah
I was going to suggest "Everybody has a Price, but only Sony has Ted Price", but think I prefer the shorter version.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
SIE Worldwide Studios |OT6| Insomniac Dreams

SIE Worldwide Studios |OT6| A Remedy for the Insomniac

I dunno

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
I hope more Sony studios add multiplayer to their games next gen. Give me coop Horizon, GoW, Spider-Man, Ratchet, Ape Escape, everything.

Oh hell no. Dont put any coop in the story mode for any of those games. That will only change and cheapin the single player experience. If they do that they need to make a whole other mode just for coop.
For multiplayer, Sony can just make separate multiplayer games if thats the case. or just a separate mode. Please do not add coop to the single player portion of the game. That would be terrible.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, considering they had never done neither a third person, an RPG or an open world game before, they've got a surprising amount of things nailed. Ranged combat is absolutely delightful, feels so good. They definitely need to improve the melee (if they're to keep it): give it a bit more complexity, add some combos, borrow liberally from melee focused TP games, like Bloodborne :D maybe add a skill tree to buy up melee moves. The skill trees themselves weren't very exciting, so that needs a rejigger. The world economy was pointless, but they know that and the economy that is in the game was a last minute rejigger anyways. Human combat needs to be more interesting to stand up well enough to the machine combat.

The thing I feel most, though, is that the game needs to be a bit more systemic. You have a day and night cycle, weather patterns, make them matter. Make machine and human behaviors change with those. Make the elemental weapons interact more with the environment. Take one or fifteen pages out of Far Cry 2 and 3, if necessary.

Big Hunt mode, multiplayer hunting special machine variants (like Redmaw, but actually make them unique, like boosted stats and stuff), without all the Focus trickery Aloy has to help her :D

Hot damn... All I can say is that I agree 100% with everything you said here. Here's hoping the sequel on PS5 will deliver!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's definitely going to need to be |OT5| Part II. After that? |OT5| Part III because, let's be real, we'll still be discussing the same things in here nonstop.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
A Killzone VR game would be pretty dope. You play from the perspective of the Helghast. And the multiplayer would be pretty cool with VR.

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
Here's a multiplayer GAAS pitch that I'd be interested in.

GoW spin-off starring the Valkyries.
- create your own Valkyrie with her own weapon/skillset ( as per the game )
- Main storyline is basically clearing up the mess from GoW
- GAAS component of the game is that you are ordered by Odin to prepare for Ragnarok - and that means finding and training talented Einhenjars and send them to Asgard on a monthly basis.
- You can play as either the Valks or the Einhenjars, core gameplay is GoW gameplay
- Main gameplay loop is going through 'missions/strikes/raids' where you recruit Einhenjars/retrieve legendary weapons/armor to improve your Einhenjar to qualify for sending up to Asgard.
- Loot drops are Einhenjar/weapon/armor of different rarity.
- Every month you gotta send up at least one Einhenjar up to Asgard, and end up losing your progression with that character. But the more powerful of a character you send up, the better the reward that Asgard gives you - and also gives you a special modifier that allows you to recruit another Einhenjar later with better growth/base stats.
- Rinse repeat

Yes, I'm basically just saying - make Valkyrie Profile, but GAAS with GoW gameplay.
I'd consider playing this

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
I'd be all over a MAG remaster tbh. Never got to play it in its heyday but it sounds right up my alley.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I hope the Sony/Disney deal eventually works itself out (and I still have hope it will!) because if not, I doubt that we'll be able to get a non-Spidey Marvel AAA exclusive published by SIE, and that's my #2 most wanted thing for next gen (besides Spider-Man 2 and 3 of course)
:(

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I hope the Sony/Disney deal eventually works itself out (and I still have hope it will!) because if not, I doubt that we'll be able to get a non-Spidey Marvel AAA exclusive published by SIE, and that's my #2 most wanted thing for next gen (besides Spider-Man 2 and 3 of course)
:(

Oh geez people. That has got absolutely nothing to do with games.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
We'll still be getting Marvel's Spider-Man games regardless what happens between Disney and SPE. I doubt SIE signed a 1 game contract with Marvel Games. Why make a Spider-Man game if that was the case?

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm not worried about the Spider-Man games, just any property besides that SIE may want to produce
But let's move on, this issue has annoyed pretty much everyone here

Status
Not open for further replies.