• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Let's be real now, BB ain't receiving shit.
If From isn't down to make an enhancement patch Sony should just give it to Bluepoint and make a patch or something. Hell on that note, Sony should have a dedicated team working on PS5 patches for key PS4 games and have that available day one. That is if PS5 doesn't automatically (magically) enhances games on its own.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Man, dreams must be the longest game in active development ever in WWS. Is it +7 years now? (The reveal was early 2013, is was already some time in development since then)
Longer than The Last Guardian?

They MUST have some PS5 upgrades ready for the engine at this point to hit the ground running when PS5 arrives.
Simply put... no.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I absolutely think Sony will rely far more heavily on digital sales of PS4 games on PS5 by showcasing them there as compatible than caring to update or create new packaging for games in stores.

That's really for store owners to make an extra sale. I don't think PlayStation is worried that much about the person buying a PS5 buying older PS4 games from a store.

Rapon Tran

Nov 8, 2017
It still weird that WiLD isn't...cancel yet.
I mean, we know nothing at all since that last gameplay.

Then this year we got the update... graphic design banner for WiLD?
61500051_2483393941685197_5484703177209020416_o.jpg

61187002_2483406575017267_3801950504058093568_o.jpg

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
apparently we are finally getting new info on ERICA during Gamescom. I'm a little bit surprised to see Sony's amount of presence on the show

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
at least for days gone, its safe to assume that there is a 4k60 FPS mode in development for next gen because sony screwed up and uploaded a 4k60 trailer in february for it, IGN still has the upload:

It would be pretty cool, though I remember seeing oddities like that for other trailers, the case of Uncharted 4's story mode at 60fps, yet nothing happened in the end. Perhaps it was only a mistake, but hey, fingers crossed it comes to happen, Days Gone would look awesome.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It would be pretty cool, though I remember seeing oddities like that for other trailers, the case of Uncharted 4's story mode at 60fps, yet nothing happened in the end. Perhaps it was only a mistake, but hey, fingers crossed it comes to happen, Days Gone would look awesome.
Uncharted 4 was actually targeting 60fps originally and changed that afterwards to 30fps, this game was always 60fps and this is a late trailer, this is more like the uncharted 3 60fps footage.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Uncharted 4 was actually targeting 60fps originally and changed that afterwards to 30fps, this game was always 60fps and this is a late trailer, this is more like the uncharted 3 60fps footage.
That's true. The problem was that we kept getting videos encoded at 60fps in 2016, months before release. Either it was their mistake, a Youtube thing, or websites as Eurogamer botched the upload to their channels. Similar things have happened with other games, as the one you mentioned. It can go one way or the other, but I hope it's a sign of what's to come.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
That's true. The problem was that we kept getting videos encoded at 60fps in 2016, months before release. Either it was their mistake, a Youtube thing, or websites as Eurogamer botched the upload to their channels. Similar things have happened with other games, as the one you mentioned. It can go one way or the other, but I hope it's a sign of what's to come.
This DG video is clearly not just the encoding, its definitely running at a framerate higher than 30.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through The Lost Legacy again and I forgot how pretty it was.

Just further increases my excitement for how amazing Part 2 is going to look.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Sucker Punch would show up somewhere. I already know what to expect from TLOU2 but I'm genuinely curious how GoT is shaping up.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Sucker Punch would show up somewhere. I already know what to expect from TLOU2 but I'm genuinely curious how GoT is shaping up.

yup, GoT is my most anticipated game. It could literally be just a grounded Assassins Creed Odyssey with Samurais and i would play the shit out of it. Odyssey had fantastic side stories in a bloated world.....i believe in sucker punch to not make it too big for the sake of just saying its huge.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just to remember.
5 years ago WiLD was announced.
#FuckAncel #FuckBGaE2
It still weird that WiLD isn't...cancel yet.
I mean, we know nothing at all since that last gameplay.

Then this year we got the update... graphic design banner for WiLD?
61500051_2483393941685197_5484703177209020416_o.jpg

61187002_2483406575017267_3801950504058093568_o.jpg

Ancel gave an interview to a local newspaper this spring, Wild was still a thing.

And there is something else that Sony could hide in their sleeves :

ueda.jpeg

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I think there was a rumour not too long ago that indicated ERICA would release in August, so a release might be imminent indeed

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Was TLG in active development for the whole time, from reveal to final launch? I think it wasnt, unlike Dreams.
Given the size of the team who worked on it (Team Ico)... TLG was probably in active development since its inception. I am confident that they must have hit a wall technical-wise as they were working on the game when it was still for PS3. The transition to the PS4 devkit for TLG seemed to have been done in a timely manner too. Besides, Team Ico didn't work or help with other games. They were focus solely on their games.
Huh? Knowledge is Power and That's You were good fun. SingStar™ Celebration was good too. Although some were quite meh.
No love for Frantics? :(

Oct 25, 2017
That ghost thread 😭😂 holy crap I wanted to figure out how'd ppl would tackle it after days gone but I ain't expect that direction

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the Playlink studio closed? Why are we still getting them?

PlayLink wasn't an initiative made by a single studio. Supermassive, NapNok, Flavourworks and Wish Studios all signed deals to make first-party games on the program while London Studio was the one internal studio that made a game for it. Out of those, only Wish shut down.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
PlayLink wasn't an initiative made by a single studio. Supermassive, NapNok, Flavourworks and Wish Studios all signed deals to make first-party games on the program while London Studio was the one internal studio that made a game for it. Out of those, only Wish shut down.

Also there was a rumor posted in the thread recently that said at the very least we'll be able to play Erica with a DS4 as well. Commands will be mapped to he touchpad. It could still support PlayLink as well, but it doesn't seem like that'll be the only way to play it. The change likely explains why it's taken so long.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Also there was a rumor posted in the thread recently that said at the very least we'll be able to play Erica with a DS4 as well. Commands will be mapped to he touchpad. It could still support PlayLink as well, but it doesn't seem like that'll be the only way to play it. The change likely explains why it's taken so long.

yeah, I think that's been confirmed. That's a good decision because I don't think PlayLink has any meaningful future tbh.

Also, I guess it's worth noting that London Studio themselves are working on a project that sounds similar to ERICA, one that blends games and live-action. I wonder if ERICA is what made them pursue that, or if projects like Netflix Bandersnatch pushed them. Or if the timing it's just a coincidence

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Looks like Erica maybe will be shadow dropped. The trophies just went up for it. If it isn't shadow dropped then it's at least releasing very soon.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playlink games should have PS4 app (if not DS4 compatibility), some apps are region locked like Knowledge is Power

Status
Not open for further replies.