• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Crunch in most AAA studios, toxic workplaces ans communities, DLCs lootboxes and other pathetic cash grabs, fewer and less innovative big titles, more indies but only a fraction of them being successful...

I wouldn't say gaming is a healthy industry. It's still very immature, getting better at some things and facing huge new challenges. But it's growing and promising, yes, which is why somes bosses call it "healthy" or even brag about crunch-time, which is disgusting.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would too.

I think GG could pull it off on ps5 if TLoU2 and DS are any indication where we are going with cinematic games.

The theoretical remake should happen in daylight as opposed to the cloudy battle of the ps3 version. Imagine it being in the middle of the day using Ray tracing lighting plus HDR? Yes please!

The art direction was a huge part of why it was successful. A sunny as hell Helghan doesn't fit the narrative either. The whole place is meant to be oppressive!

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
wixbml6dj1e31.jpg

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Studio Japan is such a damn tease.

That said, I think they're going to have a strong showing next generation. Their next wave of games will likely be the first to emerge after the restructuring.

Oct 27, 2017
The leaks and rumours make me believe Naughty Dog will work on 2 new IPs simultaneously after Part II. Savage Starlight (3rd person) and that new FPS ip for the staff that want to work on something completely new. Part III (imo the last) will probably release at the end of the PS5.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
A PS4 remaster would be good, but I also hope they make an entirely new franchise too, personally.

Though I liked Siren (only ever played the PS3 one) I got tired of the mostly "sneak and hide" gameplay. Something more traditional survival horror would tickle my pickle.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
New Siren game, hopefully. It's hard to understand how the company behind PS VR still relies on external products, like RE VII, to showcase its hardware. An SIE horror game should have happened a long time ago (next to fighting, the other big hole in their library, imo).

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Excuse me? How dare you bring this attitude here?

Listen buddy ol' pal, we only blindly praise Sony in this thread, we don't need your completely reasonable expectations here.
Guy thought PSABR2 would be announced because Sony was at EVO.

Bottomless stupidity,
bottomless sea,
a source of endless ignorance,
And all things that be.

Sorry just played the bloodborne DLC again

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
The art direction was a huge part of why it was successful. A sunny as hell Helghan doesn't fit the narrative either. The whole place is meant to be oppressive!
I just think if they opened the game like they did the cg 2005 trailer, it would be cool. Even more so with newer techniques such as real time ray tracing. As the game progresses, it could turn into the cloudy stormy weather.

I think whatever they do could work. Shadow Fall doesn't make sense. I didnt like that world. Why would vekta split their world? Idk but SF was bad. Only shadow was cool. If it isnt a remake then have Shadow be involved somehow.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
So that PlayStation China Joy conference, did anything get announced other than what I've read on Gematsu / Siliconera / Push Square cause 34+ games were teased and I've only heard announcements of around 11 games.

Oct 26, 2017
So that PlayStation China Joy conference, did anything get announced other than what I've read on Gematsu / Siliconera / Push Square cause 34+ games were teased and I've only heard announcements of around 11 games.

No a lot of PS4 games already announced for PC months ago and probably some exclusive chinese games, but nothing big

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Guy thought PSABR2 would be announced because Sony was at EVO.

Bottomless stupidity,
bottomless sea,
a source of endless ignorance,
And all things that be.

Sorry just played the bloodborne DLC again

Sony is sponsoring the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, it's not unreasonable at all.

Also Bloodborne is such a good game, and the fact that we are aren't getting a sequel is yet ANOTHER reason to shit on Sony.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I would too.

I think GG could pull it off on ps5 if TLoU2 and DS are any indication where we are going with cinematic games.

The theoretical remake should happen in daylight as opposed to the cloudy battle of the ps3 version. Imagine it being in the middle of the day using Ray tracing lighting plus HDR? Yes please!

Discussion yesterday made me go look at some KZ2 gameplay and its honestly nuts how good it looks for a decade old game.

Status
Not open for further replies.