• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Sorry Sr Daniel but I´m going with PixelOpus in October, Kojima in November and you´ll have your chance in December !

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
So every 2019 PS4 exclusive has an official release date except Dreams.....

I truly hope it isn't delayed

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol.... Ghost of Tsushima will rival Days Gone's sales numbers. 6-10 million (which is already HUGE for a brandnew IP!). But not God of War or Spider-Man.
The only game that will go after God of War and Spider-Man will be The Last of Us 2. TLOU2 will be gigantic!

I know where in that weird space where the debate is essentially PS4 exclusive Vs PS4 exclusive but GOT is uniquely positioned as an IP. In general we make western games and hope they sell in the eastern markets. If Sucker Punch nails GOT the potential of GOT is untapped.

Western devs has never made a AAA game which in and of itself is an ode to the East, their lore, history and traditions. If it resonates in both markets I don't see any other game coming close.

And that's not a knock on any game that came before it or that's due for release. More so a potential scenario.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Last edited:

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It's a tough release period, but it was to be expected, with Medievil and DS having late October and November. We already knew about the price, which is quite the thoughtful choice, for a game of this profile. Hoping for the best, though I'd be surprised if its concept gets any interest among non-hardcore fans.

I'm assuming it isn't very long then.
It was said to be a 5-6 hour title months ago.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So every 2019 PS4 exclusive has an official release date except Dreams.....

I truly hope it isn't delayed
Was Dreams ever fully confirmed for 2019?

TBH, they could just add the campaign and launch it since it's full of features already and seemingly nothing major has changed so far.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Was Dreams ever fully confirmed for 2019?

TBH, they could just add the campaign and launch it since it's full of features already and seemingly nothing major has changed so far.

It was confirmed for the end of the year and they even said the release would be shortly after it was in EA for a while. The thing is, Dreams needs proper marketing otherwise it'll be just sent out to die with a stealth launch.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wgd8uvrwsik21.gif

The Last of Us 2 will launch on a PS4 with a ~110+ million install base.
And I'm sure there will be a "Game of the Year" edition for the PS5.
This will be HUGE! ;)

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Now it's when we all remember (again) that material was shown more than a year ago. How much better could the game be and look right now...

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get some WiLD info soonish. I'm actually craving that game more right now then anything for some reason.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Concrete Genie previews are looking good! Seems like Sony has a real gem on their hands.

Too bad it's probably going to get slaughtered in the fall like Puppeteer did years ago. I have similar concern for MediEvil but at least that has the whole Halloween thing and some nostalgia going for it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
kinda hope there isn't a TLOU2 re edition for ps5 and that it will automatically run better day one on ps5. that goes for all the ps4 games god willing. I'd gladly do another playthrough of HZD on ps5 if it ran at 60fps. can y'all imagine? lawd.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
kinda hope there isn't a TLOU2 re edition for ps5 and that it will automatically run better day one on ps5. that goes for all the ps4 games god willing. I'd gladly do another playthrough of HZD on ps5 if it ran at 60fps. can y'all imagine? lawd.
Definitely gonna replay all of those masterpieces on PS5.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Sony start PixelOpus from the ground up? Why buy when you can build

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Sony start PixelOpus from the ground up? Why buy when you can build
They are a small team inside the PlayStation HQ in San Mateo. Almost all of them were just students during the development of Entwined :) It's "easy" to start/form a small team (PixelOpus, Manchester Studio). Not so easy if you want/need an AAA studio.
So you have to do both. Like Jim Ryan said: "Organic growth and acquisitions"

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Back to talking about Sony buying studios again I see.

Still no rumblings or rumors of any studio purchase by Sony I see.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
They all sound great! A bit more comprehensive than I originally thought.

A lot of people tend to think "fewer, but bigger games" only means AAA but it seems Concrete Genie is a part of that. Pixelopus could've released a couple more Entwined-like games in this time but instead they've been given a longer time to make something a bit bigger, which I'd guess most would prefer.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Medievil, concrete genie, & Death Stranding is a pretty impressive lineup. I wonder if Ironman VR can make it this year.

Jul 15, 2019
Concrete Genie is launching 8th October

So I guess death stranding is indeed a timed exclusive. Concrete Genie has only on PlayStation on the box art, death stranding does not.

really sucks death stranding isn't a full timed exclusive. So I guess TLOU2 and GoT will be the send offs for ps4.
That being said I think GoT will easily outsell Days Gone. Sony hasn't even released days gone sales numbers which is telling along with GoT will be way higher quality. GoT will sell like horizon zero dawn.

ps: concrete Genie looks great

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
So I guess death stranding is indeed a timed exclusive. Concrete Genie has only on PlayStation on the box art, death stranding does not.

really sucks death stranding isn't a full timed exclusive. So I guess TLOU2 and GoT will be the send offs for ps4.
That being said I think GoT will easily outsell Days Gone. Sony hasn't even released days gone sales numbers which is telling along with GoT will be way higher quality. GoT will sell like horizon zero dawn.

ps: concrete Genie looks great
That does not prevent that it is Sony who will earn money with each sale of the game, then if it leaves on PC, it will not have a great impact of moreover.

We know that the license belongs to them and it is not nothing.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They all sound great! A bit more comprehensive than I originally thought.

A lot of people tend to think "fewer, but bigger games" only means AAA but it seems Concrete Genie is a part of that. Pixelopus could've released a couple more Entwined-like games in this time but instead they've been given a longer time to make something a bit bigger, which I'd guess most would prefer.
Entwinded wasn't that small either. It was just their first project. That's what you can expect from PixelOpus. Creative AA games :) Kinda like Japan Studio. And I agree. It's good. Not everything needs to be AAA.
That does not prevent that it is Sony who will earn money with each sale of the game, then if it leaves on PC, it will not have a great impact of moreover.

We know that the license belongs to them and it is not nothing.
You took the bait.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

really sucks death stranding isn't a full timed exclusive.
Why? Do you think it would make the game better?
Entwinded wasn't that small either. It was just their first project. That's what you can expect from PixelOpus. Creative AA games :) Kinda like Japan Studio. And I agree. It's good. Not everything needs to be AAA.
Concrete Genie is looking fantastic, it's going to be stunning in HDR. And it makes me happy that Sony is continuing to invest in these smaller projects, despite some of the recent talk on AAA focus. It's felt like a lot of the budget they used to spend on smaller projects ended up getting pushed on to VR projects instead in recent years. But Concrete Genie - and Medevil remake - show that there's still interest in funding these A/AA projects which is awesome.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

really sucks death stranding isn't a full timed exclusive

We just had a bunch of Sony first-party games come out on PC through the EPIC Games Store and that didn't hurt anyone

If Death Stranding eventually lands on PC that's fine. Not only fine, it's great

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
WHAT

This game looks like it was designed from the ground up for HDR. Crazy, totally crazy. Not just for the contrast but also the enhanced colour gamut, it would look stunning.

And HDR has such a small tax on the GPU, I don't really understand how it was a decision between 4K and HDR.

I really hope they implement it at a later date. Still, day one regardless.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Concrete Genie a vr game? that looks very, i mean very interesting!
A "standard" singleplayer game. But it will have two VR modes, too :)
WHAT

This game looks like it was designed from the ground up for HDR. Crazy, totally crazy. Not just for the contrast but also the enhanced colour gamut, it would look stunning.

And HDR has such a small tax on the GPU, I don't really understand how it was a decision between 4K and HDR.

I really hope they implement it at a later date. Still, day one regardless.
It's a small and new-ish team. It's okay. They can add/update it later if they want :)

Jul 15, 2019
Really so PlayStation exclusives going to PC are fine? Death Stranding was one of the reasons I bought a ps4 but if it goes to PC oh it's fine. And then if other first party Sony games start going to OH it's fine. No it's not fine. I don't want them going in the same route as Xbox

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really so PlayStation exclusives going to PC are fine? Death Stranding was one of the reasons I bought a ps4 but if it goes to PC oh it's fine. And then if other first party Sony games start going to OH it's fine. No it's not fine. I don't want them going in the same route as Xbox
Sell your consoles and play all Sony games on a Gaming-PC next gen thanks to PS Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.