• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ape Escape 4 tease.

4 ice cubes
4 sea stars
4 flowers
4 apes on beach

(Credit to DMD)
heeeee4wja0.png

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Btw Ruthnic cookie confirmed ape escape 4 in 2018. How the hell would he have info on such game ? And said no to bloodborne 2.hebwas the one who said Sony won't attend e3 2 days before Sony confirmed .

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Their small games had barely any revenue when they saw their sister studios in the West gain revenue. Their small games like Astro Bot and such will definitely be moved to PSVR since it's all about structural organization. Make it work for game development to have a smooth environment. Pre-production takes now twice of the original time to make a new IP nowadays. You may spend more time in approval phase than the entire production depending on genre.

This is probably my thought and don't take it as facts but I think Allan Becker and Sony tried the Sony Santa Monica model when Mark Cerny mentioned it in 2013. All other teams make several small portions while a small team in pre-production make something substantial to grow larger when the production begins. The God of War team of Japan Studio (Kouno-san's team).

Allan Becker came from this environment at Sony Santa Monica with several indie collabs while they produced a big game as GOW. This strategy didn't work out in the end for Japan Studio and Shawn Layden had to step in. Now they will focus on fewer and larger games (consistent full teams, hence the move for many staff members) and passed onto VR teams for small games. One of the VR teams should revive Jumping Flash on PSVR imo. It's all about creating new experience in the end. LocoRoco was specifically made for PSP's functions according to Kouno-san, wouldn't be anything special to create a similar game for a home console.

Japan Studio was understaffed and Shawn Layden saw this as problematic. He probably also saw their external 1st party partners need to focus on creativity over manga/anime style. Why does it work for Capcom and Square Enix when Sony Japan fails all the time. Shawn Layden worked for Sony Japan in the marketing department last gen when PSP flourished and PS3 suffered. He is well aware of Konami's Team Silent success who went for a different art style who drew models of people rather than imitate manga/anime style.
I appriaciate your post. Sounds reasonable.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spiderman and God of War are literally the 1st and 2nd best launches ever for PlayStation exclusives

There is no new IP in the world that can break that record unless it is from Naughty Dog

giphy.gif

All due respect but I think most people severely underestimate the potential of GOT. If it's a great game the Western markets will embrace it. But the subject matter resonates in the Eastern markets, it has the potential to outsell PS' best selling exclusives (thus far) with relative ease.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

All due respect but I think most people severely underestimate the potential of GOT. If it's a great game the Western markets will embrace it. But the subject matter resonates in the Eastern markets, it has the potential to outsell PS' best selling exclusives (thus far) with relative ease.
lol.... Ghost of Tsushima will rival Days Gone's sales numbers. 6-10 million (which is already HUGE for a brandnew IP!). But not God of War or Spider-Man.
The only game that will go after God of War and Spider-Man will be The Last of Us 2. TLOU2 will be gigantic!

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol.... Ghost of Tsushima will rival Days Gone's sales numbers. 6-10 million (which is already HUGE for a brandnew IP!). But not God of War or Spider-Man.
The only game that will go after God of War and Spider-Man will be The Last of Us 2. TLOU2 will be gigantic!
I mean, TLOU will go after Uncharted 4/TLOU numbers :P

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
We see a whole bunch of game play a year plus ago it's not been that long .
Them announcing early is not a big deal it happens in other media all the time .
Also looking how Sony games are selling this gen i sure the marketing guys know what they are doing .

Its not about marketing, its about giving something to the fans... also, by the time it gets released it will be almost 3 and half year from announcement. So, not 4 but still too long.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
TLoU2 > DS > GoT in terms of sales me thinks

TLoU2 will be a gaming event. That game will be maaaaasive.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ghost will easily do much more than Days Gone, it'll be reviewed well.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Apologies for the self-promotion, but Concrete Genie is awesome. Was very impressed with it during a chunky demo recently. Out on 9th October.

For now, though, we're satisfied knowing that there's more than meets the eye here. This is a bold production compared to the developer's previous effort, the misunderstood Entwined, and that somewhat surprised us. PixelOpus has said that its ambition is to make imaginative and beautiful games with heart, and it's comfortably living up to its mantra with this attempt.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/201...e_plays_to_the_strengths_of_sonys_first-party

Oct 26, 2017
TLoU2 > DS > GoT in terms of sales me thinks

Assuming they all get reviewed well

TLOU 2 > GoT > DS.

TLOU 2 will end up at over 15 million copies
GoT might reach 10 million if it's extremely well done with a >90 MC
DS is a bit tricky, it will sell well but i don't see it outselling MGS V, the last numbers we have are over 6 million copies shipped as of December 2015, it might probably be close to 8-9 million 4 years later.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019

I wouldn't be that sure. Days gone did extremely well and zombies are still highly popular. "Only" 3.5 million people watched Ghost's gameplay trailer. (on the PS channel)
I hope Sucker Punck knock it out of the park but they need to raise the bar. Infamous SS was a good game, not an excellent game.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone is selling well and is on track to reach 6 - 10 million. That's already huge!
Let's wait and see what Ghost of Tsushima, another brandnew IP, will do. Zombies sell. Samurai/Ninja games.... we have to wait and see.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wouldn't be that sure. Days gone did extremely well and zombies are still highly popular. "Only" 3.5 million people watched Ghost's gameplay trailer. (on the PS channel)
I hope Sucker Punck knock it out of the park but they need to raise the bar. Infamous SS was a good game, not an excellent game.
Well, that's 3.5 million more than people watched Days Gone during E3.
Days Gone is selling well and is on track to reach 6 - 10 million. That's already huge!
Let's wait and see what Ghost of Tsushima, another brandnew IP, will do. Zombies sell. Samurai/Ninja games.... we have to wait and see.
I don't see Days Gone hitting 10 million while Ghost will do similar to Horizon if not more.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"It's delightful enough but then the walls drop – and so does my jaw. No longer am I painting on 2D surfaces. There's a fully 3D meadow stretched out in front of me to decorate as I wish. I don't just paint trees, I pull them out from the ground, steering the weaving branches into shape. Splotch grabs a few flowers and fashions them into a crown while I drape light bulbs across the trees. I can blow wind through reeds to create music, drag fireworks across the sky – Splotch looks up in awe – and shoot butterflies from the end of my brush.

It's a magical space to be inside and there's much more to it than what I got to see. Remarkably, the VR mode will be included with the main game at its humble price of £24.99 when it releases on October 9. I can't wait to step back inside and cleanse my soul."

Concrete Genie looking goooood ;)

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
ghost will sell better if the combat isn't complicated and it is not a hard game like souls or sekiro. if they are aiming for more than 5 million sales, It needs to be casual friendly. I am sure they will do well with the story and graphics.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I had a weird dream today, I dreamed that Sony had given Cory Barlog a studio to work on new IPs, and Cory in an interview said he was working on a new AAA IP and a metroidvania.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I'd assumed the game was gonna be regular priced. Happy with the price point. I'm assuming it isn't very long then.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

3.6 million views ONLY in the official PlayStation channel

There is a Gamespot upload from the E3 2018 demo with almost 6 million views and another fan channel upload with 2.5 million views

Status
Not open for further replies.