• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Haha, I remember Huber used to joke about this with Quentin when streaming UC4 co-op a while ago. But with his magic power to will things into existence, Sony's success with Spider-Man, and now Blade coming to the MCU, I fully believe it will happen one day.
giphy.gif

Don't say stuff like that... don't make me hope... 😫😔

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019

IT IS HAPPENING

just kidding but hopefully, Shuhei's smile is a good sign and the game will be good. hopefully he also pulled out a big check for you know what

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Concrete Genie preview embargo is probably up anytime:

PlayStation Asia a few minutes ago uploaded the story trailer released a few months back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ4lIBLawqk

Edit: Also, Sony's stage show for Animation-Comic-Game Hong Kong 2019 will begin in like an hour from this post. Today's schedule:

(All listed times are Hong Kong Time.)

July 26
  • 13:30 to 14:00 – PlayStation Opening Ceremony – Featuring Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong managing director Mustafa Yigit.
  • 16:30 to 17:00 – Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • 19:00 to 19:30 – Final Fantasy VII Remake Special Presentation @ Animation-Comic-Game Hong Kong 2019 – Featuring producer Yoshinori Kitase.
Will be live here: https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStationHK

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation Asia a few minutes ago uploaded the story trailer released a few months back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ4lIBLawqk

Edit: Also, Sony's stage show for Animation-Comic-Game Hong Kong 2019 will begin in like an hour from this post. Today's schedule:

(All listed times are Hong Kong Time.)

July 26
  • 13:30 to 14:00 – PlayStation Opening Ceremony – Featuring Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong managing director Mustafa Yigit.
  • 16:30 to 17:00 – Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • 19:00 to 19:30 – Final Fantasy VII Remake Special Presentation @ Animation-Comic-Game Hong Kong 2019 – Featuring producer Yoshinori Kitase.
Will be live here: https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStationHK
FYI The opening Ceremony is live right now

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Visual Arts Group is a great studio name

Maybe they are keeping that if it is really a new dev team for WWS

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New rumor going around on twitter right now:

- The Last of Us 2 release date is May 22. 2020
- New Naughty Dog project for the PS5 has the codename "Stray's Cross"
- Will be an Action-Adventure game in First-Person, with steampunk elements
- Will have two protagonists, a former female scientist, (talented scholar, fascinated by space-time science, she discovers confidential documents that will lead her to discover a hidden truth much bigger than she could imagine), and a wanted criminal man (a former construction worker unjustly arrested for protecting a wanted friend during a shooting against the police)
- The plot is about a secret conflict that lasted entire ages, and how this will lead to the inevitable ruin of human society.
And the story begins with the casual meeting of the two protagonists, in completely different circumstances, who will soon find themselves having to work together to get what they are looking for.

Thought I post it here before anyone "makes a thread".
Games in First-Person mode =
mll41jbj.jpg

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

- Will have two protagonists, a former female scientist, (talented scholar, fascinated by space-time science, she discovers confidential documents that will lead her to discover a hidden truth much bigger than she could imagine), and a wanted criminal man (a former construction worker unjustly arrested for protecting a wanted friend during a shooting against the police)
- The plot is about a secret conflict that lasted entire ages, and how this will lead to the inevitable ruin of human society.
And the story begins with the casual meeting of the two protagonists, in completely different circumstances, who will soon find themselves having to work together to get what they are looking for.

mll41jbj.jpg

Ehh, link?

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019

mll41jbj.jpg
Sounds awful, done a million times. I'm confident that every single bit of info in this is wrong.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
In all seriousness, the details in that rumour doesn't match historical precedent of how ND names their projects internally.

Jak, Uncharted and TLOU were called Project X, Big and Thing respectively.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil

mll41jbj.jpg

FPS? No thanks. Hopefully this is false.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's weird that someone would know that many details about the plot but not know the character's names, even if they're working names. Even if they're "Jack" and "Jill" or "Abbot" and "Costello" at this point, they developers would need to refer to them somehow.

It's also weird how the story is described super specifically at points and vaguely at others (it begins only with "a casual meeting"), almost as if someone writing it ran out of ideas.

That, and "Stray's Cross" would be pretty terrible as a codename. Half the point of codenames are to be easier to refer to and work with than the eventual, more verbose title. Stray's Cross is awkward to say and requires too many keystrokes.

The whole thing reads like fan-fiction, written by someone who maybe doesn't know much about how game development works.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like some are taking Neil saying that their next game might not third person and running with it. He seemed to only be saying that to drive home the point that their next game is going to be a new IP, so it's a clean slate as far as what it could be.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

mll41jbj.jpg
While this's probably horseshit (will know when release date is revealed anyway), I really want ND to try Sci-Fi or steampunk sometime.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
While this's probably horseshit (will know when release date is revealed anyway), I really want ND to try Sci-Fi or steampunk sometime.

I want a Blade Runner-ish game made by ND, TPS of course.

I can already imagine the main protagonist with his trench coat and a cigarette, the rain, neons, big city hub but not open world, just large levels, oh my.

Or a space opera, I want to keep my shit grounded tho.

Last edited:

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe not exclusively Naughty Dog if that rumoured game is the collab with Visual Arts. Perhaps first person is to speed along development and get a shorter game out for ps5 as a visual showcase.

Edit: for clarity I think the rumours most likely made up

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like people are just trying to throw shit at a wall and hope it sticks regarding the TLOU2 release date. I remember that retailer that "leaked" the supposed October release date, the insider speculation of late 2019, Alanah Pearce being told it's coming in 2019, then the Jason and Zhuge stuff not too long ago saying it's February.

Now somebody else is saying May...naw
giphy.gif

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I would be happy with the ND rumor but only when the game also comes for PSVR2.

And I don't understand the first person hate here...
Played a few weeks ago the Bioshock Collection and I still like also first person.

But I was also thinking the whole time how amazing the collection would be in VR xD
And tbh...I really hope Sony will come back to first person because of PSVR2.

I expect more Resi7 like 1st party AAA games and not only projects from small teams...
That was ok for a 1st gen headset but the upcoming version has to offer more meaty games.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
And I don't understand the first person hate here...
Played a few weeks ago the Bioshock Collection and I still like also first person.

I actually don't 'hate' first-person, as I also loved the first Bioshock game.

But these days, I'd rather spend my money/do something else than FPSs.

Sorta like, subconsciously, treat them like fighting games; don't play those very often/at all anymore.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please please please lets not go the unfounded rumor route. Next we'll be pastebin(ing) the entire thread. Unless the rumor is coming from someone with a good track record we shouldn't give baseless bullshit credence.

Last week on twitter, Naughty Dog was remaking the A-Team with a Kung Fu twist.

Please let's not go that route.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Sounds awful, done a million times. I'm confident that every single bit of info in this is wrong.
To be fair, on paper you would say the same of Uncharted and TLoU. It's ND's execution that makes the game special.

But yeah, probably bollocks regardless. Not believing any rumours right now.

And the first person part doesn't make sense as it doesn't play to ND's key strengths as a studio. They're totally set up for third person action games, their huge animation team in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.