• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2018
I don't think that's sustainable. They can eat loss for a couple of years but eventually they're gonna wanna see a profit from their first party studios.
Bruh this is not the time or place for Ms discussion. So IMA put this in spoiler tag and it'll be my last Ms talk in here
heyve said that they want gamers to play the way they want, whether it be gamepass, PC, Xbox, xcloud, etc. They've also said that gamepass won't replace regular purchases. So if you don't want to use gamepass.... Just buy the damn game
https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-game-pass-wont-replace-full-game-purchases-microsoft

Love how unbothered you are

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
This year seems to be locked up. The only thing missing was a big game for the second half of the year, and Sony already answered that with Death Stranding.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I just meant there's still unannounced PS4 stuff in the pipe before next gen rolls around. I didn't specify this year.
39891228403_12f092a56a_o.gif

Oct 25, 2017
so that mean next year
and we will not have any news this year
and still 6 months until end of the year
why are you happy ?

I'm happy to be playing Borderlands 3 and Death Stranding this Fall. Seems like some of you have lost focus on games available to play. Which is what should matter the most. Not whether Sony or Microsoft is currently generating the most headlines.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Since it's Sony, if Wipeout for PS5 is going to happen, watch them announce it with no VR support.

If next GT doesn't do full VR, they can fuck off.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Whenever you think that, certain *game* or *decision* is a no brainer for Sony to do it.
Just remember this.

They are the same company who announced Astro Bot through a blog post, when they have an E3 press conference/E3 countdown surprise a day later.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Whenever you think that, certain *game* or *decision* is a no brainer for Sony to do it.
Just remember this.

They are the same company who announced Astro Bot through a blog post, when they have an E3 press conference/E3 countdown surprise a day later.

They wanted to give Astro a bit attention without being overshadowed by Tlou2, DS and GoT ;)

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
People who thinks that MS is buying these studios to deliver high-budget AAA games will be disappointed.

Nah, i do expect Obsidian, Playground and Ninja Theory to deliver AAA games once they ramp up the hiring and just like Sony, they won't make only AAA games. Other studios will probably settle for AA and experimental games first.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Most likely they never imagined that Astro would be the sucess that it was.
Only after that journalist compared it to Mario 64 that the game started to get attencion. Sony should not be praised for this.

Maybe but everyone loved already the Robot Rescue demo.

But yeah, Astro Bot got better than I thought :)

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ofc, and not just Sony, Google and Amazon too. But MS strikes me as the winner of such a bid.

If you are selling company it's not always just about who slides the largest number across the table. Insomniac's greatest successes have all been in collaboration with Playstation. Out of those potential owners Sony is far and away the one I wold trust to keep the team thriving and successful.

No. It's not a rumor. PlayStation and all of Sony are moving to hosting their cloud services on Azure.

Sony hasn't commited to anything. And using Azure for certain services is not the same as using xCloud for PS Now, xCloud relies on Xbox One S blades right now. That is totally useless for PS Now. If anything, it's far more likely Sony will co-locate their own server hardware in Azure data centers.

nah, is Insomniac is bought by MS and cut ties with Sony, I could see Sony letting Insomniac getting Ratchet and Resistance IP. they did it with Quantic Dreams. MS will get Ratchet and Resistance collection and maybe even new games. actually, isn't there rumor about new Ratchet and Clank game in development? yeah that's probably gonna be Xbox exclusive and be on gamepass. I just hope my pc is good enough to play it because I don't own Xbox

One, a franchise is different from a single title. Two, that's not what happened with Quantic Dream. Sony still owns those IPs, QD presumably paid a licensing fee for the right to create and sell PC ports. You'll notice those games aren't announced for Xbox.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony still have PS4 exclusives unannounced then it would suggest to me they're smaller games?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
If there's unannounced games from Sony I bet they are smaller scale titles, on the scale of Concrete Genie for instance rather than AAA titles. Something to let smaller teams have their chance to shine.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
If they have unannounced PS4 games, I recon they will be announced at PS Meeting in 2020 as PS5 games, with blog post confirming there is also a PS4 version.

This is how I would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.