• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
So what do you guys think can ghost crack 90+ at metacritic??
If they deliver a great atmosphere of Japan feudal (which seems the case given the 2 E3 2018 videos we got), good combat mechanic and some cool side quests, it will reach 87-90
And it will top 90+ if the story is as good as Horizon

I think reviewers are more severe now

Oct 25, 2017
E3 is huge. There's no denying that. But there's also no denying it's been losing it's relevance the past few years. Nintendo regularly announced new news in their Directs. And with So many conventions and events in the year it gives you plenty of other venues to announce things.

And while we all love a good Press Conference even those aren't all that anymore. I mean a lot of us are constantly let down by EA, SE etc. And most of the time these conferences are being held in the day while people are at work.

Most people just watch the trailers after everything has aired.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
E3 is huge. There's no denying that. But there's also no denying it's been losing it's relevance the past few years. Nintendo regularly announced new news in their Directs. And with So many conventions and events in the year it gives you plenty of other venues to announce things.

And while we all love a good Press Conference even those aren't all that anymore. I mean a lot of us are constantly let down by EA, SE etc. And most of the time these conferences are being held in the day while people are at work.

Most people just watch the trailers after everything has aired.
I don't think any of us would have a problem with them having a direct feed like Nintendo does during E3 week to make-up their absence from the show.

But they don't, this is after skipping PGW and PSX last year, so it stings even more..

Oct 25, 2017
and yet at the end of it all we're still getting new game announcements without E3. Death Stranding literally just lit up the world not too long ago.

It's just clear they aren't ready to talk about PS5 right now and we can assume they'll have their own event for that and we'll probably get trailers for GoT and TLOU2 similar like we did for Death Stranding in the future.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but they announced to not have an E3 this year and also announced to have multiple State of Plays throughout the year. But okay man, just be like that.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
To Sony skipping E3 for multiple 10 minutes state of play:
source.gif

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Thank you guys for your replies, imo it can crack 90+ if the open world is exploration based ala botw , combat is fun and deep ( from the looks of it I think they got it) and side quests are good ( considering e3 demo was a side quest so I think they are on a right path) and the story is grounded with emotional moments.

Oct 25, 2017
I joke but there's no way they go this year without showing ghosts and tlou2 right..right? Cuz them badboys been announced long enough for us not to be waiting a year plus

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm fine too, and they wouldn't have had anything to show either way. But feels weird without them there.

I'm a brave soul.

I need to stop telling myself that there is going to be more surprises from Sony. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if something does pop up.

Oct 27, 2017
I need to stop telling myself that there is going to be more surprises from Sony. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if something does pop up.

I don't think they'll be any surprises anytime soon, but I'd love to be wrong.

The good thing about them skipping E3 is that there is no risk of being disappointed since even if I knew they wouldn't show something new I would still be hoping there would be something.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When it first announced they were not going to be at E3 2019, My only somewhat concern was certain individuals (they know who they are) being overly extra about whatever Microsoft does @ their show because Sony wouldn't be following them up. I know that sounds like a bunch of console war nonsense, it is. But the reality of the situation is that E3 gets a lot of people hyped up on a whole different level. Like it or not, this event has always been seen as a ultimate competition showcase.

Ever since Sony drop that PS5 bomb on a Tuesday, any concerns I may have had, are days gone. Would I like to watch them next Monday? Of course. I love their press conference. But they proved it doesn't matter when or where. When they're ready to talk, the global world will light up.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I reckon Sony will be back at E3 in the big way for 2020, PS5 will be coming and so will their next flurry of launch titles for 2020/2021. Since the transition to next gen will be smoother this time and the teams seem to be a bit better prepared, they'll at least be able to produce quality stuff, if not groundbreaking.

For this year, I guess they felt there was no reason to try and push their studios to do stuff they didn't want or were ready to do. Obviously Death Stranding had it's time in the limelight and will likely be one of the big hitters for November, and that's fantastic for the PS4 owners.

I just hope for 2020, Sony do their E3 conference at a better bloody time, I always have to wait for the spoiler-free links to emerge as I'm not getting up for a game show at 2am.

Status
Not open for further replies.