• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
What's clear is that Kojima had ot have a crystal clear vision for the game to take shape like this. He was only able to leave Konami in December of 2015. So from that point he established a studio, found an engine to use and will release a AAA game in less than four years.

its seriously impressive. Kudos to Kojima who even surprised Sony

Things are going smoothly enough to the point Sony Interactive Entertainment said, 'We've never seen a game be made at such as fast pace,' about Death Stranding's development.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I cant believe people were legit trying to say Kojima has been spending too much time hanging out with people and not working on the game.

I still cant believe it's releasing on my birthday ahhhhhh!!!!!

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
April and May is too late. Sony fiscal year starts on April 1.
Yep and what I said is that they are forecasting a decline in profits in part due to lack of big first party titles and this decline could be attributable to a April-May release date of TLOU

But we'll find out soon, I hope a Feb release too, the sooner the better

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I cant believe people were legit trying to say Kojima has been spending too much time hanging out with people and not working on the game.

I still cant believe it's releasing on my birthday ahhhhhh!!!!!
Yes, eat that Kojima's haters, and what a gift, Metal Gear Solid 4 was on my birthday as well.
Lets post this tweet from ZhugeEX to help anyone that is still confused about the game:

What it says? Twitter is blocked here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
What it says? Twitter is blocked here.
136je1.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
After DS confirmed for this year and TLoU2 is probably this FY, i really wonder why sony expecting big hit in SIE profit this FY?

Well not that big, they expect 2,5 billion dollars in operating income instead of 2,8 billion, meaning this will still be their second biggest year ever on that front.

To explain the decrease, three negatives factors are listed, partially offset by a positive one. So the bolded one means they expect Death Stranding + TLOU 2 to make less income than God of War + Spider-Man, but maybe not by a large margin after all. Besides, Death Stranding and TLOU 2 will release much later during the fiscal year compared to God of War + Spider-Man.

- Increase in development expenses for the next generation console
- Decrease in contribution from highly-profitable first-party software titles
- Negative impact of foreign exchange rates
+ PS4 hardware cost reduction

Oct 31, 2017
Also, barring a delay, this changes how stacked Sony's 2019 is.

Late last year, it seemed that good games were releasing but maybe it'd be a step down from 2016-2018. I wasn't 100% on Days Gone, the biggest release at that time that I saw.

But Days Gone was great, even if I'd rate it lower simply due to polishing issues, Dreams' early access has gotten phenomenal buzz, Concrete Genie looks even lovelier than it did last year, Blood & Truth released to really good reviews, Marvel's Iron Man was a surprise announcement met with glowing previews, MLB The Show continues to be the unsung and high-selling hero of Sony's first party line-up... I mean, SHIT.

And now TLOUII and GoT look to be the swan songs, and who knows what games Sony will release for the PS5 launch. Hopefully they can keep this streak for the next 5000 years and not go back to 2014 or 2012.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
This may sound weird, but the face unique challenges part reminds me a bit of the best parts of the Mirror's Edge games for me.

Instead of taking a weapon and using that to 'solve problems', it looks like you'll be trying to survive, running away or hiding from trouble. If done well, a refreshing variation on your usual 3rd person open world games. I hope Kojima and his team can fulfill that promise because it looks and sounds awesome to me.

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I think 2020 might be more stacked Tlou part 2, Ghost of tsushima + ps5 launch line up + more exclusive announcements at the playstation 5 reveal

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I searched for a bit the job listings from studios that are relevant to this thread and this is the description that Insomniac has on the latest listings:

Insomniac's Core team is responsible for our industry-leading technical foundation for triple-A game development. We develop tools and technology to build and power titles like Marvel's Spider-Man, Stormland, and Ratchet & Clank.

Also I like the confidence on the job descriptions from Bluepoint:

The Bluepoint team is preparing for our next remake of a classic. Want to be part of creating something special, a game millions of gamers are eagerly anticipating?

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
from the other thread
  • The Last of Us Part 2 (13 Mio Views / 420k likes)
  • God of War (20 Mio Views / 365k likes)
  • Spider-Man (45 Mio Views / 285k likes)
  • Uncharted 4 (9.2 Mio Views / 92k likes)
  • Days Gone (11.5 Mio Views / 145k likes)
  • Ghost of Tsushima (5.7 Mio Views / 86k likes)
  • Death Stranding (2 Mio Views / 196k likes)

maybe giving these games the sole spotlight gains more traction than a E3 Show

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): personal attacks against another member + history of infractions
IM BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!

"I'm not in this for attention"

"I'm going to post casually"

I'll look forward to your next meltdown in which you make a huge song and dance about "haters" then you announcing that you're "leaving for good" for a whole two weeks then shitting on this entire community on Twitter then returning and making every single thread about you including running your mouth about next gen tech specs (something only a few top level executives know about).

You're exhausting and putting you on ignore does nothing since you make every single thread about you possibly "knowing things"...

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So Sonys 2019 so far:

MLB :The Show 19
Days Gone
Dreams
Death Stranding
Blood and Truth
Everybodys Gold VR
MediEvil PS4
IronMan VR
Concrete Genie

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'll look forward to your next meltdown in which you make a huge song and dance about "haters" then you announcing that you're "leaving for good" for a whole two weeks then shitting on this entire community on Twitter then returning and making every single thread about you including running your mouth about next gen tech specs (something only a few top level executives know about).

You're exhausting and putting you on ignore does nothing since you make every single thread about you possibly "knowing things"...

I was smashed drunk last night when I made this post actually.

Totally get you not liking me though, makes sense

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Yooo was I the only one that saw the bike transform a bit when he did the wheelie? Transforming machines are on my wishlist for Horizon 2.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

My god some of you never learn at with this antagonistic bs.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

And I'll look forward to your ban
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.