• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Still some more on top of that :)
damn

drLmY1t.gif

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
Btw, I didn't see the "Only on PS4" in the Death Stranding trailer

Don't understand why they're inconsistent with that. All the trailers prior to E3 2018 did not have it but then the E3 2018 trailer did have "Only on PlayStation" but now the new one doesn't. Like, I know there's far more evidence that points to it being an exclusive, but it's these small things that get stuck in my mind.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
What about all the SIE in the trailer? Also it's made in Decima, a Guerrilla/PS engine. If the game does sell like I expect it to I can bet you Sony will buy KojiPro.

Game can come to PC but a lot later imo.

Don't misunderstand me, I was only asking because it usually begins with the "only on PS" but in this case doesn't appear and it is not on the box (even if it's not final). I only have a PS4, I'm not interested to see it in any other platform at all.
This is not port begging

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Death Stranding missing the "Only on Playstation" label is weird as fuck, even the trailer has no sign of "PS4 exclusive"

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So... we are probably getting a release date for TLOU2 at the Game Awards now, right?
if its really targeting february now (and if they are not deciding to add more content to the game aka crunch more to lead to another delay) then i expect the date reveal at around october.

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Exclusivity

Days Gone didn't have mentions of exclusivity either in recent trailers, nor any mention of it on the PS website.

Seems like Sony isn't putting that on trailers anymore or everything is going to PC.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

Days Gone didn't have mentions of exclusivity either in recent trailers, nor any mention of it on the PS website.

Seems like Sony isn't putting that on trailers anymore or everything is going to PC.
"Only on PlayStation" was on the game-box though for DG.

It's not, however, on any of the DS game-boxes or launch announcement.

Shazz

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
I think they aren't doing the ps4 exclusive thing because they announced BC for ps5, meaning that the game isnt restricted to only one Sony console. Now I know ps5 is still a year off but they have started the conversations of a next gen box.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is another point that's going to make Sony care less about traditional gaming shows? They just started a Twitch stream for DS that ended up getting around 200k concurrent viewers. They trailers already hit the point where Youtuber stops the public view count to make sure the views are legit. The entire industry is talking about it. And it's currently trending #2 with Kojima at #3 on Twitter.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
If a PC Version comes out, it would be on Sony, which i really doubt

dim98u8b.jpg

2zwqn9as.jpg

xdt6ltxj.jpg

Spiderman Ps4

rwxzstv4.jpg

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
The countdown to the PC reveal begins...now~~~

24-months, tops.
Btw, I didn't see the "Only on PS4" in the Death Stranding trailer
Nah

Blame Kojima or Sony for not clarifying any of that whatsoever.

It's telling that neither are commenting on the initial PC plans.
They are using Guerilla Games' Decima Engine. Honestly, don't expect it on PC. 😶

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does Death Stranding put an end to the irrational idea that you need some kind of special event to drop major game news? The trailer and release date set the internet ablaze.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Not true; this is from launch trailer

Why FF7R is among PS4 exclusive games?

because in the case of Final Fantasy 7 - even tough it was announced as a exclusive, Square Enix is the IP Holder.
So is Marvel with Spiderman. Death Stranding however belongs to Sony.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Detroit is such a weird case though. Game was constantly branded as a PS4 exclusive game, even the box art. And all of the sudden its not, my guess relationships between QD and Sony soured quick tbh.
It does not work like this at all Sony allowed them to release the games that it. I have no idea what some of you are going on about.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

You are right. Days Gone didn't have any tag in its recent trailers.
The first two points happened in the form of Detroit tho
Quantic Dream is a different case. Sony are just burning bridges with QD. It's still a SIE IP though.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Detroit is such a weird case though. Game was constantly branded as a PS4 exclusive game, even the box art. And all of the sudden its not, my guess relationships between QD and Sony soured quick tbh.

Detroid was Sonys Decision - they are the IP Holders - Sony gave their Yes (probably because the partnership ended & they didn't want to be in the way of QD getting a bigger audience + they are probably making money with PC Sales)

2bazmpdq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.