• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ya'll freaking for Death Stranding, and I'm just here waiting patiently for some Last of Us 2 info.
Made me realized that we have yet to see any infected in-game yet, just the Paris trailer cutscene. Wonder if they're hiding them until release due to the new infected types and not wanting the players to see them before then. My hope is that Stalkers will get a revamp in Part 2, they were the most interesting infected type due to their hiding and running away (very memorable in the basement) but you only fight them like three times through the original game and the DLC. Wouldn't surprise me if most people didn't even realize they were a unique infected due to how little you fought them.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Made me realized that we have yet to see any infected in-game yet, just the Paris trailer cutscene. Wonder if they're hiding them until release due to the new infected types and not wanting the players to see them before then. My hope is that Stalkers will get a revamp in Part 2, they were the most interesting infected type due to their hiding and running away (very memorable in the basement) but you only fight them like three times through the original game and the DLC. Wouldn't surprise me if most people didn't even realize they were a unique infected due to how little you fought them.

..it sadly took me a long time to even remember what a "stalker" was. Then I remembered the basement area with the Bloater and sighed. I really hated those things.. lol

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
1558989970-61500051-2483393941685197-5484703177209020416-o.jpg

1558990066-61187002-2483406575017267-3801950504058093568-o.jpg

Old ?

Edit: It's from the facebook page.
New... no? Certainly the first time I see them. Looks like your choices during gameplay could have an impact on the world around you. You have a light and dark version of the same scenery.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone thinks they are tuning in for a Death Stranding video tomorrow but in Kojima Twist fashion its actually a secret State of Play event featuring Death Stranding, TLOU2, and GoT
I din't care if you're joking. If I don't see all 3 games tomorrow, I'm reporting you for fake leaks.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
We are 11 pages in and already have more insider posts than on the 400 pages of OT4.

Good stuff.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So there's gonna be asian gamescom next year. What are the chances Sony will be there with the 2 Malaysia studio Shawn Layden just visited?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to anger me ain't gonna work this time fam

I don't even know who you are (It's a Thanos joke)
Anger? Anger is a strong emotion. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I'm here for the fresh leaks and hot insider scoops fam.
Doesn't matter what the press says (It's a Captain America joke).

In other news:

:)

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of insiders scoops, I wonder if anyone knows if Playstation was left in or out of recent negotiations with Microsoft over a new deal?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

About the PS5:

• Even after PlayStation 5 is released, I think PlayStation 4 is going to be the main focus for a while longer.
  • The processing power of PlayStation 5 is incredible, so when we try to think of new gameplay that will utilize its full potential, I'm not really sure which aspects of existing mechanics we should translate.
  • First there was a time when graphics improved, then there was network features, and now I guess you can say its a return to the "programmable" era? I think artificial intelligence and machine learning will continue to evolve.
  • If you would pour its power into graphics it'll be the best that we've yet to see, and I think everyone is thinking about in what way we should use that power. I as well. There's artificial intelligence and many other things I want to think about.

Broncs

Nov 26, 2018
Damn, did anyone here actually predict a 2019 release for Death Stranding. Late August or September would be a perfect time to release it.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

About the PS5:
  • Even after PlayStation 5 is released, I think PlayStation 4 is going to be the main focus for a while longer.
  • The processing power of PlayStation 5 is incredible, so when we try to think of new gameplay that will utilize its full potential, I'm not really sure which aspects of existing mechanics we should translate.
  • First there was a time when graphics improved, then there was network features, and now I guess you can say its a return to the "programmable" era? I think artificial intelligence and machine learning will continue to evolve.
  • If you would pour its power into graphics it'll be the best that we've yet to see, and I think everyone is thinking about in what way we should use that power. I as well. There's artificial intelligence and many other things I want to think about.

Judgment soon ^^

Nov 18, 2018
Really didn't expect Death Stranding to be out this year but I guess it must be? Wow. I just hope the trailer doesn't drop while I'm at work, but I bet it will.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Please Sony give me TLOU2 and GoTsu, I've less hype for Death Stranding.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm torn on Death Stranding. We need more original games, but we've seen nothing really compelling as of now. For me gameplay & fun is everything. Walking around dodging spirits doesn't make me giddy.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
IM BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!
Benji you know the secret to never getting annoyed by this place now right?

Only comment in your watched threads, and just browse everything else.

Sony OT5 should be your only watched thread '-)

Bundy Thanks for sharing that article. I was thinking about this and seems kinda confirmation PS5 will launch at $500 and be offered as the next big thing*if you want the latest and greatest right now. PS4 will still be advertised heavily as the easiest way to get into Playstation until PS5 price-drops. Also eases my mind a bit that next Xbox will be so much more powerful than PS5, going by the next-gen thread, everyone is assuming MS going to offer a vastly superior console and I'm just scratching my head at that if they are looking to release at the same time. Unless Sony is planning a $400 machine again, I don't see the logic.

On Death Stranding, please just be MGSV meets Botw, that's GOTY already...

Last edited:

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's always risk that by the time E3 properly start, all this Sony news will already be forgotten/old news.
By that logic, the PS5 is already old news because Sony already announced it ahead of E3. Where's the PS6? That is not how things work. The sooner you announce something, the sooner people will start talking about it. Additionally, the sooner you announce that something by itself in a more dedicated way, the more people will talk about that one something.

The problem with E3 is that when you announce something there, the only thing people will remember is the absolute biggest announcement, while the "smaller" stuff gets lost in the mix of way too many announcements happening at once. For that reason, publishers will continue to pull out of E3 and do their own events instead.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My predictions:

The Last of Us Part II - November 2019
Death Stranding - February 2020
Ghost of Tsushima - May 2020
PS5 & launch games - November 2020

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
By that logic, the PS5 is already old news because Sony already announced it ahead of E3. Where's the PS6? That is not how things work. The sooner you announce something, the sooner people will start talking about it. Additionally, the sooner you announce that something by itself in a more dedicated way, the more people will talk about that one something.

The problem with E3 is that when you announce something there, the only thing people will remember is the absolute biggest announcement, while the "smaller" stuff gets lost in the mix of way too many announcements happening at once. For that reason, publishers will continue to pull out of E3 and do their own events instead.
Yeah I think Sony is still in the talk already and will only continue to be after E3. PS5 is real and it's coming and Wired got a ton of clicks that day. Also, the whole Spider-man thing and loading times is fresh in everyone's mind as what next-gen will offer right from the get-go: Prettier games, much faster loading. Death Stranding and hopefully TLOU2 updates right before E3 will not be loss in the sauce IMO. They are too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.