• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Why is it always on PoC to compromise their humanity to save America from its constant desire to shoot itself in the head? Why don't white liberal "allies" stop finger wagging at voters tired of being used and abused "for the greater good" and instead tell their racist uncle at Thanksgiving dinner that him voting for the GOP won't increase his wages or prevent him from going bankrupt when he need cancer treatment?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not saying to be a bernie or bust (or any candidate or bust)

but saying vote blue no matter who if they screw someone over is just going to cause it to keep happening.

if the democratic party learns no lessons from 2016 then I guess they have to learn them in 2020.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
If Bloomberg wins there will never again be a non billionaire president, he'll light the signal that all future elections are up for sale, and no matter how garbage you are, if you buy enough adspace you win. He opens the path for a Zuckerburg, Mosk and Bezos presidency
That path has always been open, Bloomberg wouldn't be creating it. Most billionaires would probably rather continue making bank and live their own lives in freedom without being tethered to the office, so just paying people to pass policy you want is probably good enough for most. I don't ever see Zuckerburg running, he hates the spotlight.

Bloomberg getting the nomination would be hurtful to the party for a myriad of reasons but probably not for this one.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Why is it always on PoC to compromise their humanity to save America from its constant desire to shoot itself in the head? Why don't white liberal "allies" stop finger wagging at voters tired of being used and and abuse "for the greater good" and instead tell their rasict uncle at Thanksgiving that them voting for the GOP won't increase their wages or prevent them from going bankrupt when they need cancer treatment?

But stand up to Uncle Robby? What will Nana think?

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
If you can't handle it then maybe get your weak ass the fuck out

So...you want people to NOT vote?

Why is it always on PoC to compromise their humanity to save America from its constant desire to shoot itself in the head? Why don't white liberal "allies" stop finger wagging at voters tired of being used and abused "for the greater good" and instead tell their racist uncle at Thanksgiving dinner that him voting for the GOP won't increase his wages or prevent him from going bankrupt when he need cancer treatment?

You need to read the book White Fragility. There's an entire chapter dedicated to how white people have made a whole culture around not directly talking about points of conflict to maintain decorum, AKA, the status quo. They would rather perform microaggressions, like break the tradition of even showing up to their racist uncle's Thanksgiving and try to redirect family members to their dinner instead.

Fascinating read.

Sorry, that was in response to you Dekim . Somehow, the quote got messed up with the copy & Paste.

Last edited:

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
So...you want people to NOT vote?

You need to read the book White Fragility. There's an entire chapter dedicated to how white people have made a whole culture around not directly talking about points of conflict to maintain decorum, AKA, the status quo. They would rather perform microaggressions, like break the tradition of even showing up to their racist uncle's Thanksgiving and try to redirect family members to their dinner instead.

Fascinating read.
Always great to see people show their asses the moment they don't see minorities toeing the line and sitting out.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you can't handle it then maybe get your weak ass the fuck out

I'm sorry but how the fuck is this person not banned?

What are the rules in this place anymore?

I see people getting banned left and right for "antagonizing other members" with shit that's barely passive aggressive, and this gets a pass?

OT:

I agree with the sentiment, but what a trashy ass thread title.

Deleted member 9197

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LOL at thinking Bloomberg isn't a narcissist. He's just as narcissitic as Trump if not more, he's just smarter than Trump and doesn't have the emotional maturity of a 5 year old like Trump does.

People around here thinking that covering up the smell of rotten shit is the same as getting the shot out of the room.

People willing to vote Bloomberg just because he isn't Trump are fine creating these smarter and more effective billionaire super viruses that are going to drive our democracy even deeper into the dirt for their own personal gain.

But at least he can read and his hair isn't funny looking! I'm sure you'll all be relieved when the evil shit just becomes less obvious without actually going away at all.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I also agree that as there are discussions being had about the tone of this community, having a thread title telling people to "shut the fuck up" probably doesn't help things.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The thread seems to have devolved and is no longer producing productive discussion, so it's locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.