• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2017
I do not trust Biden to not fuck me. There is not anything you can say to change that.

You lose my vote if he's the candidate, period.
So you're not a real progressive. I'm calling you out right now, if you're ok with having Trump in office you're privileged as fuck. You're a fraud who only cares about himself and wonder why black people are so "pragmatic".

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, if I as a black man, have to convince someone to vote against Trump and not stay home, they're not my ally and never were.
Ally is a buzzword, but you're right, they probably aren't. Or maybe they are but they have some other reason such as apathy. I don't see the point in assuming intentions of non-voters. If you want these people to vote, find a candidate that gets the majority of potential non-voters interested in voting and make sure they get the nomination.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I'm voting Democrat no matter what - I live in California which is a safe blue state - but I really don't think trying to shame others into voting Democrat is productive. It didn't work in 2016. Why would it work now?
Voting for a center-right/moderate democrat didn't work in 2016 either but it's still trying to be shoved down our throats.

Protest votes are an incredibly small minority. If Trump wins it will likely be due to low turnout in key states, the same as Hillary.

If you want to just call people pieces of shit, that's fine, but it won't get anybody to actually change their stance.
Shit, they blamed the Gary Johnson protest votes on Hillary losing, as if people who voted for Gary Johnson would ever vote for Hillary in the first place.

This ain't the goddamn general election yet.
People need to chill the fuck out and understand this. They can poll as many people as they want about the general now, we still have 10+ candidates in the race and when push comes to shove in November they may have a different outlook.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
The resources are limited until the election invest your time & money in people that are really considering to vote Democratic. There are groups no matter what you say or do are no gonna change their opinion, we need to move on.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I can't trust the candidate who is of the party who is against cutting benefits because I have an irrational fear that he will cut them despite zero evidence and zero history to back up this fear.

So instead I will support the candidate (which is what not voting is literally doing) who is publicly trying to cut these benefits.

Think through your logic here Sean.
Obama would have cut benefits but the Tea Party snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Biden is going to cave hard on something to pass bipartisanship legislation (Likely when the federal government needs funding again.).

theintercept.com

Joe Biden Says He Can Work With the Senate. The Last Time He Tried, Mitch McConnell Picked His Pockets Badly.

In 2012, the GOP was in trouble. Mitch McConnell turned to his friend Joe Biden for a lifeline.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disabled and live on social security and rely on medicare. If Biden runs, get fucked. I'm not holding my nose for you. Both Trump and Biden are equally bad to me and I do not owe you shit. I'm tired of the center telling the lower classes to just suck it up while also telling us to our face that we're going to get screwed. I'm not going to vote for someone who intends to fuck me either way.

I've been voting straight D for nearly 20 years and voted in every single possible election since I've been able to. This will be the very first time that I do not if Sanders or Warren is not the candidate.

There is nothing you can say to get me to vote for Biden. You will lose my vote if he is the front runner in the end. I have spent my life bending over for moderates and I will no longer do so.

This is just flawed thinking. No one loses their benefits if money to social security is slashed. If you are on the roles, you are on the roles as long as you continue to remain disabled.

A social security And medicare cut would take effect for new people, not people already on the roles.

Besides, I am sure Biden realizes cuts to SS and Medicare are political suicide.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
I can't trust the candidate who is of the party who is against cutting benefits because I have an irrational fear that he will cut them despite zero evidence and zero history to back up this fear.

So instead I will support the candidate (which is what not voting is literally doing) who is publicly trying to cut these benefits.

Think through your logic here Sean.

I'll vote for Sanders or Warren. I will not vote for Biden. I am tired of the Democrats not representing me. I have spent my whole fucking life watching this shitshow slide to the right and give us Trump. I am not going to keep playing into the center's bullshit.

Don't like losing my vote? Tough shit. You're losing it after 20 years if you ask me to do this yet again.

Dec 12, 2017
Ally is a buzzword, but you're right, they probably aren't. Or maybe they are but they have some other reason such as apathy. I don't see the point in assuming intentions behind non-voters. If you want these people to vote, find a candidate that gets the majority of potential non-voters interested in voting and make sure they get the nomination.
Ally may be a buzzword to a white straight male, but for me allies keep my faith alive in America these days.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
You know who hasn't cut social security as President of the United States? Ever?

Moderate Democrats. Let me know about all the social security cuts Bill Clinton did again.

Seeing how Clinton is more moderate than Biden is on policy, I am sure he must have cut it a ton!

Social security specifically, no, but it's funny to go on about gay rights and social safety net programs when Clinton's administration gave us DADT and PRWORA

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll vote for Sanders or Warren. I will not vote for Biden. I am tired of the Democrats not representing me. I have spent my whole fucking life watching this shitshow slide to the right and give us Trump. I am not going to keep playing into the center's bullshit.

Don't like losing my vote? Tough shit. You're losing it after 20 years if you ask me to do this yet again.
If Trump wins, that is on you. And you will have to live with that.

The base of the democratic party is not here to pick the candidate you want. If Biden wins its because of his vast support of the African American community. And that is a strong tenant of the Democratic base and you can't just dismiss them.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

so in other words your would rather see trump win than Democrats

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
If Trump wins it's cause you were adamant about Biden and centrist garbage and ran a loser, not because a disabled guy was tried of your bullshit.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
People in here really care more about what Biden might do, with a possibly majority by the democrats in the congress who would stop him vs. what Trump and a republican congress will most assuredly gleefully do?

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one is saying do not vote for a better candidate in the primaries, no one. This is about whoever the nominee against Trump is.
Sean is pushing you to vote for a better candidate in the primaries, which is massively important, in order to earn their vote in the generals, which is massively important

what they actually go through with, who knows, but it behooves us to listen!

i mean shit, i don't want to be responsible for sean not voting

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ally may be a buzzword to a right straight male, but for me allies keep my faith alive in America these days.
I'm sorry, the way I've seen it thrown around carelessly made the word it self meaningless to me. But I understand what you're getting at. Also I'm not straight and I'd appreciate if you didn't make assumptions like that.

Mar 10, 2018
I agree. We can acknowledge areas in which a candidate needs to improve while still realizing that said candidate is a far better option than the alternatives.

Dec 12, 2017
I'm sorry, the way I've seen it thrown around carelessly made the word it self meaningless to me. But I understand what you're getting at. Also I'm not straight and I'd appreciate if you didn't make assumptions like that.
Fair enough, I apologize for assuming, but it was assumption based on you claiming ally as a buzzword. That's all.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ill vote for sanders in primarys but ill vote anybody in general. With that being said not everyone is me. So picking someone most people can eventually get behind through their message is paramount

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Inflammatory comparison and hostility towards another member over a series of posts.
Bruh, if I as a black man, have to convince someone to vote against Trump and not stay home, they're not my ally and never were.
Yep. If they stay home like Sean is claiming than yes, they are no progressive. They are no leftist. They were never on our side because when things get tough they take their ball and go home instead of fighting to stop the tide of right-wing control.

They are no different than a die hard Trump supporter and will be treated as such by those whose lives depend on a Democrat, *ANY* Democrat winning.

Try telling an African American that Biden doesn't pass your personal purity test enough so you don't care if Trump wins.

Oct 25, 2017
So what's this thread actually about? I'm not sure what anyone is hoping to accomplish with the thread title and framing put forth. It's not necessarily a bad message, but it's presented in like, the worst way possible.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Moderates wont fuck you" - been hearing that my whole life.

No. I'm not trusting him or anyone who says to trust him.

So-called moderates have sold the average American up shit's creek. Biden wanted to cut Social Security for fuck's sake. He supports the continuation of mass deportation. He would continue a foreign policy that is starving and bombing kids in the Middle East. They aren't owed shit from us. They are ghouls.

The Democratic Party versus the Republican Party, to borrow an analogy from Helio, may he rest in peace, is a choice between having a limb cut off versus having your head cut off. I vote for no more cutting. If that's not an option, then what's it matter? We're bleeding out either way. "Less shitty" isn't a compelling reason to go out and vote. Look at depressed turnout among black and brown voters, and younger voters, in 2016. It just doesn't work.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump wins it's cause you were adamant about Biden and centrist garbage and ran a loser, not because a disabled guy was tried of your bullshit.
Telling yourself doesn't change the fact you'd be picking Trump over Biden through your actions. Biden won't ruin the lives of minorities willfully. Trump will. And you would be picking the side of Trump.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. If they stay home like Sean is claiming than yes, they are no progressive. They are no leftist. They were never on our side because when things get tough they take their ball and go home instead of fighting to stop the tide of right-wing control.

They are no different than a die hard Trump supporter and will be treated as such by those whose lives depend on a Democrat, *ANY* Democrat winning.

Try telling an African American that Biden doesn't pass your personal purity test enough so you don't care if Trump wins.
Lecturing a disabled person is a great look for you. You should do it more.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People actively voting for at least a hope to keep the courts not completely fucked is not the fuck you, that not voting is. I get it, you hate moderates, they ain't great. But they are at least not going to actively fuck the courts like Trump is doing.
Sean is pushing you to vote for a better candidate in the primaries, which is massively important, in order to earn their vote in the generals, which is massively important

what they actually go through with, who knows, but it behooves us to listen!

i mean shit, i don't want to be responsible for sean not voting
And again, no one is saying vote Biden or Bloomberg in the primaries. This is about the larger picture.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
How about shutting the fuck up about me having to vote at all? I don't have to vote for either side and I'm not going to vote for your candidate or side just because you feel I should. Nobody gets my sword unless I have reason to lend it. Stop being so aggressive and acting like there's only one way to do things.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Telling yourself doesn't change the fact you'd be picking Trump over Biden through your actions. Biden won't ruin the lives of minorities willfully. Trump will. And you would be picking the side of Trump.

Blah blah blah. No. That's not how this works. I will not vote for Biden and it is not a vote for Trump. I will write in Sanders or Warren, one way or another.

If you don't like that, tough shit. I am not a Trump voter, no matter how much you scream it. You are not shaming me this way, it does not work. You are just making yourself into an asshole.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This makes no sense in the context of Biden vs Bernie/Warren as Biden is MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH more popular among African Americans than Bernie or Warren.

*older African-Americans

As was Clinton, and we still saw depressed turnout. It just so happens that running a candidate with a history of racist policies has a chilling effect on black and brown people showing up at the polls!

Dec 12, 2017
How about shutting the fuck up about me having to vote at all? I don't have to vote for either side and I'm not going to vote for your candidate or side just because you feel I should. Nobody gets my sword unless I have reason to lend it. Stop being so aggressive and acting like there's only one way to do things.
Cool, then stop pretending that you're a progressive and care about what happens to marginalized groups with another 4 years of Trump.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You all have problems for ganging up on Sean like that. This anger is causing a lot of undue toxicity. Do you really think bullying and shaming is gonna change Sean's mind on this?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 days): hostility
Being disabled doesn't mean he gets a free pass for supporting Trump.
He isnt supporting trump you feckless jerkass. An individual not voting is not "voting for theperson I dislike". Not voting is not voting, it's a zero sum action, this is all just moral grandstanding. You just want a reason to scream at a disabled person and feel superior to tthem over a valid critique of their reason to simply not vote. it's shameful.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Social security specifically, no, but it's funny to go on about gay rights and social safety net programs when Clinton's administration gave us DADT and PRWORA
Are you aware of the impossible political circumstances that lead to DADT which became a stepping stone to allowing LGBT people to serve openly?

Clinton's administration also gave us RBG.

Status
Not open for further replies.