• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Era, do you shower at the gym?

I've been thinking of doing it myself as not to get back into my default clothes feeling gross, but I don't want other dudes looking at my ass and meat.

It's something I'm probably going to have to get over though, so we'll see.

Wassup with y'all, though? Do you care if other guys peep the sausage or buns?

neoJABES

Dec 23, 2017
Can't you just shower and dry off in the stall with the door or curtain closed?

Anyway to answer your question. It's depends if I'm going to work / somewhere else or home after my workout.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Depends.

If I am going straight home then I'll just like change clothes and head on home, then shower there. If I'm going literally anywhere else first? Yeah, shower in the gym. Need like flip flops and stuff though because ehhhhhhh yeah.

Also yeah my gym has stalls so it's not like prison.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's not a good idea if you have a choice, but not for the reason you stated.
Even if you're really careful, you can catch shit like plantar warts and other nice surprises at communal showers at the gym (happened to me, took 6 months to get rid of it).

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Even if you're really careful, you can catch shit like plantar warts and other nice surprises at communal showers at the gym (happened to me, took 6 months to get rid of it).
bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wtf. Glad you got rid of it. Jesus Christ. Those are disgusting.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Era, do you shower at the gym?

I've been thinking of doing it myself as not to get back into my default clothes feeling gross, but I don't want other dudes looking at my ass and meat.

It's something I'm probably going to have to get over though, so we'll see.

Wassup with y'all, though? Do you care if other guys peep the sausage or buns?

What a very strange thing to be worried about

Deleted member 62100

Banned
Dec 12, 2019
I bought a barbell and a rack so I can workout in a cubby at home. If you have the space, decent gym equipment lasts practically forever.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did you wear flip flops or did you go in bare?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Hell no. If I have to use a gym, I just hop back in my truck when I'm done, and show/change when I get home.

Thankfully I lift at home, so it's not an issue.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with letting it all hang out, don't let the baby boomers monopolize locker room nudity

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
Of course I shower at the gym, and I go to the sauna there too, it's even mixed. No idea what's the big deal about nudity.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Clean yourself. If you wear wet and sweaty clothing you significantly increase your chances of creating fungal infections like jock itch and athletes foot.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I never showered at the gym because even with stalls, dealing with "how do i store my phone and wallet etc while in the shower, do i bring my locker padlock key with me in the shower?" led me down an efficiency rabbit hole that ended with me determining it's a waste of time to shower there to begin with.

that and it's gross, and you can get fungal infections from them. you can get it from workout equipment too so i always spray/wipe before and after using them for the same reason. not that alcohol kills fungus...

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
I've done it before after swimming at the gym, but they didn't have curtains or anything, so I was kinda uncomfortable. I don't have a great physique and I'm not really proud of my body. My GF was surprised, she said the women's showers have curtains and individual stalls. I felt ripped off when she told me that.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Sure, I shower at the gym. It's not really a big deal to me; most people in there just want to mind their own business anyway.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
It's the gleeful towel whipping of each other's bottoms that keeps me away, I know your pain OP.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
I have been showering at the gym for years with no issues. My gym has seperate shower stalls with curtains. Guys walk around the locker room naked all of the time and manage not to leer at each other. Not to be rude but I doubt most men really care about your junk.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I would shower at the gym before I went anywhere in public smelling like a sweaty mess, open area or closed stall. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but everyone in there is just trying to get clean and get out, minding their own business.

Definitely use shower shoes though. The last thing you want to do is step on someones kids or catch a disease.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I live 5 minutes from the gym I belong to, so nah.

I really want to take a shower in an airport lounge though (esp since joining priority pass). It just hasn't been convenient for me to do so based on travel schedules the past couple years.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i shower at the gym everyday. i don't feel like cleaning my home bath and unclogging hair from the drain

if you're a germaphobe or don't like people seeing you naked it's a horrific thing but a) we're all going to die anyway and b) somebody sees you naked, so what

Last edited:

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Gym showers sound even worse than I imagined.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Nah. I go after work and drive home and just shower there.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only real old men who don't give a shit anymore do that. There's tons of them at my gym who all stand around in the locker room naked and chatting. You'd look pretty powerful if you did that op.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I used to use a gym in downtown San Francisco (also the Y there). Lots of nakedness. No stalls really, and sometimes no curtains. A few weird guys who'd do pushups naked or old guys who liked to lotion and blow-dry their dicks.

But like, no one was beating off or going to rape you. If they wanted to stare, no sweat of my back.

I shower(ed) there because I usually work out over lunch break. Current gym everyone is super naked shy and changes under their towels.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Yes.. private showers though.. and I walk around the lockers with a towel. Easy

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I refuse to believe this isn't a joke thread, thought it would be about germs.

I walk to the gym so while I could just shower at home I usually do it there if only to not feel gross on my way out, plus it's just nice to shower right after working out. My gym has individual stalls with doors though. If I feel like taking a longer shower I'll just wait and do it at home.

This reminds me of the time when I decided to shave my ass in a gym shower. An exhilarating experience.

Uh, I hope this was at a gym with individual showers.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I use my work gym, so yes. I'll put my underwear back on in the stall, though. I don't need my colleagues to see my junk.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Sure, I shower at the gym. It's not really a big deal to me; most people in there just want to mind their own business anyway.
Yup

Only real old men who don't give a shit anymore do that. There's tons of them at my gym who all stand around in the locker room naked and chatting. You'd look pretty powerful if you did that op.
7.png