• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm generally pretty tired of "libertarians" and how above it all they act, when in reality 99% of the time they're going to go in and pull that lever for republicans because we're in a two party system.

ive seen some good ones on google image search, lets see what you got era.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
14-5c9348e9145d5__700.jpg

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This video never fails. These are the leaders of the "Libertarian" party. Anyone that tells you they are Libertarian probably has zero idea what it means and just want to be Republican without supporting Trump (or at least admitting it).

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interest in these. White libertarians in the US that side with conservatives have evolved not at all from their slave-owning ideological founders.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could find it again, but some Ancap made a 3D animation that was about what life would be like in ideal Ancap society, but the comments are mostly him replying to people angry and confused as to why they think it's satirical, because the video is basically an accidental parody.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
no step on snek

In college a friend made a drawing of the Gadsden flag but the snake was a penis, a drawing of the Ben Franklin cut up snake as a penis, and a penis in the colors of the flag titled "Stand and Deliver". I wish I still had those pictures

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
This article from The Onion:

W8CFq9e.png

politics.theonion.com

Libertarian Reluctantly Calls Fire Department

CHEYENNE, WY—After attempting to contain a living-room blaze started by a cigarette, card-carrying Libertarian Trent Jacobs reluctantly called the Cheyenne Fire Department Monday. “Although the community would do better to rely on an efficient, free-market fire-fighting service, the fact is that...

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Posting ableist joke
Mod Edit: Removed ableist joke

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 27, 2017
Not a meme, but my favorite quote that always immediately pops up in my head when libertarianism is brought up is 'I have always found it quaint and rather touching that there is a movement in the US that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.'

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

This video never fails. These are the leaders of the "Libertarian" party. Anyone that tells you they are Libertarian probably has zero idea what it means and just want to be Republican without supporting Trump (or at least admitting it).

This is still the funniest shit. I'm also a fan of this piece of brilliance.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I get this one, the joke is that libertarians are pedophiles?

Yes.

I think Murray Rothbard believed the government shouldn't be allowed to force parents to feed, clothe and care for their children. They should be allowed to sell them to create a "flourishing free market in children and babies" which will somehow virtually eliminate child neglect.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Yes

They have a tendency to complain about age of consent a lot
Correct. Libertarians' rant about age of consent laws constantly.

Yikes! I don't know much about the ideology, wasn't aware that was a thing.

Yes.

I think Murray Rothbard believed the government shouldn't be allowed to force parents to feed, clothe and care for their children. They should be allowed to sell them to create a "flourishing free market in children and babies" which will somehow virtually eliminate child neglect.

Wow. From my limited experience with libertarians it definitely seems like it attracts people with average intelligence who for whatever reason think that they're brilliant. See Colin Moriarty for a fantastic example.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Always loved this quote:

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
As a former libertarian who was drinking the kool aid in my late teens and early 20s, I could definitely see the appeal. As I grew older I started to realize that the world just isn't that simple. Unfortunately, many people don't move past that viewpoint.

Edit — Case in point: I live with my 56-year-old libertarian uncle and he thinks racism is over, the "social contract" between the working class and the wealthy is foolish fantasy, and democracy inevitably devolves into mob rule that violates individual rights.

Edit edit — I should also clarify that actually, he lives with me, as he has earned minimum wage his entire life. But in his mind, that's his own fault for not bootstrapping hard enough.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The party's co-chair wrote an article questioning age of consent laws. Basically if you're a libertarian, aside from being an unempathetic, social-Darwinist shit lord...you're also endorsing pedophilia

But endorsing pedophilia is ok /s

The children will just complain that the pedophile violated the non-aggression principle and everything will work itself out.
They can also hire protection on the free market to keep them safe.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
It's pretty astounding that I have no idea what a libertarian is still. Every time I try and get an answer like in this thread it seems to be this utterly bizarre mismatch of political ideas and 'middle ground' arguments that are the worst kind of middle ground arguments

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's pretty astounding that I have no idea what a libertarian is still. Every time I try and get an answer like in this thread it seems to be this utterly bizarre mismatch of political ideas and 'middle ground' arguments that are the worst kind of middle ground arguments

They are just Republicans who wish they were anarchists while simultaneously using the term anarchists as a direct insult.

Basically, incredibly stupid individuals.

OP
OP
captive

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
libertarians believe government shouldn't control anything, taxation is theft. All of this falls apart like when their house catches on fire.

its not based in any kind of reality.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

The simplest definition is that their idea of freedom is the only thing they care about. Libertarians are single-issue voters, the issue being that the government should under no circumstances prevent anyone from doing anything they don't want to.

This sometimes overlaps with more mainstream ideas. Libertarians believe that recreational drugs should be legal, for example. But many take the idea to a ludicrous extreme, like with the pedophilia, doing away with driver's licenses, and other ridiculous stuff on display in the thread. Even in the drug example libertarians take things to an unnecessary extreme. "Republicans who smoke weed" is the common joke about libertarians' beliefs, but a 'true' libertarian would tell you that heroin and crack should also be completely legal.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer