• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who has played Street Fighter with Cammy since 2 knows what I'm talking about. Its quite possible some only remember who Cammy is because of vivid Victory poses where the eyes are meant to focus on her posterior. Is this just a tradition expected to be kept in each installment? Or are there other ways for Cammy to express her victories that can develop/evolve the character while still representing that she is an assassin?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
No. If they cared they would start by giving her a default design that is not a reference to the time she has PTSD

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Should? Probably.

Will? What has become done in SF5 to make anyone believe that they will tone down the revealing shots and outfits in future installments?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know, it's like what she's most-known for, so I don't know if they're willing to rock that boat.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that might not be her default costume in 6 but I don't see them eliminating it completely.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to happen. Chun-Li will stick have the thickest thighs in existence as well.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm "Ass shots" implies the camera zooms in on her ass. Does that happen? I can't recall.

They should give her some goddamn pants though so you can't see her ass in the first place.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
It probably depends on how strongly they drive the esports angle in the next title. Her and R.Mika's default costumes caused some issues with esports broadcasts in the past.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All the OG character designs are too iconic for them to not put them in the game in some form. I'd like Cammy to wear some pants, but that will probably come in the form of a costume as always. I'm sure they will have "E-Sport friendly" costumes for most of the cast that could be seen as a problem.

the7egend

Mar 6, 2018
That outfit is pretty iconic at this point, that'd be like Ryu and Ken not having their White and Red Gi.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
They should but, like when Tifa's gigantic tits were merely reduced to huge in FF7 Remake, fans would riot.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
No, but they have to give the player a cool option without paying for dlc.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
They already did, the camera angle of her super in sfv was changed to deemphasize her bum.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well, they did alter R. Mika's blatant ass shot, so there's precedent.
Edit: Apparently from the comment above they've done something similar already with Cammy.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope not. Maybe tone down the overall fanservice from 5 (4 was fine imo) but her ass needs to stay.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
They might switch it from her default at some point, but they are never going to get rid of it.

I don't see them ever fulling getting rid of any of the character's most iconic looks.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Nah, they should keep it as is. In fact zoom in on it every fight but you gotta do it with Ryu too. Zoom in on his glorious hairy man ass.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They should, but they won't.

We discovered this gen, that SF fans are no better than DoA fans and kept the game alive by buying bikini costumes.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
They should just change her outfit to something else.

Then agian, Cammy is by far the hottest SF character, so there are parts of me that hope that doesn't happen. :V

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Agnostic camera angles and tasteful tracksuits probably. There will be some risque DLC costumes of course, but the defaults will be less revealing in the future I would imagine.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
They should, but it's obvious that they (read: the SF Development Team/Capcom) won't UNLESS the eSports side of things takes off and there's a demand from ESPN for a broadcast friendly costume.

And as for those who keep insisting "The Street Fighter designs are iconic, blah-blah-blah", I would like that they could regulate the SFII costumes as Nostalga Costumes going forward & we have new defaults. I love Battle-Hardened/Hot Ryu & Chun-Li's SFA bodysuit, so more of that please.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing is, it doesn't even really seem to match her personality. I could see Mika or Laura wearing that but Cammy doesn't really seem to be one to have an outfit like that. Then again, I am sure the character design came before the, erm, backstory.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
There's a pants-wearing Cammy concept art from Final Fight Streetwise that is actually pretty great:
Cammy_White_%28Streetwise%29.jpg

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
It should, it won't. Unless she gets a pretty big redesign, then it's relegated as a nostalgia costume. Which I'm sure would also sell a lot of costumes

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Should they? Yes. Don't really think further explanation is needed to be honest.

Will they? Lolno. I doubt Capcom cares.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Sex sells. That's also why female characters usually have more costumes that the male characters in this.