• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should unisex restrooms have urinals?

• Yes

Votes: 581 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 334 27.9%
  • Yes, but only if they are single-occupant

Votes: 218 18.2%
  • We shouldn't have unisex restrooms

Votes: 52 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 0.8%

• Total voters

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

Have some sort of pee tunnel to the side for the people that still want urinals if you must.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone thinking removing urinals would lead to cleaner public toilets is out of their damn minds. I've been a janitor as a summer job for a few years, Men&Women bathrooms were always equal in the amount of weird shit you'd see AND the Women's side was only slightly behind Men when it came to having piss on the toilet or even on the ground.

The penis owner that sprays like crazy using a urinal would also spray like crazy if he used a regular toilet. People are just gross in public bathrooms because they don't give a single shit. Doesn't matter if they stand up or sit, they will spray it.

The most important debate around unisex restrooms isn't if they're going to keep urinals or not, at the end of the day it's not that big a deal if they're gone and it's just a good status quo if they stay. The important question is how companies/landlords/store owners will treat the space. Will they keep all the space dedicated to toilets available to the public? Or will they suddenly go "Hey, so there are unisex toilets now so you don't need that space anymore", leading to an overall reducing of public restrooms availability.

EDIT : Removing a part that didn't need to be there, if you read it sorry didn't have its place!

Last edited:

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
If it's single occupant then yes otherwise no. Although it would be rare there are some sick Louis C.K. type people out there. Going in a bathroom stall isn't that inconvenient.

Oct 25, 2017
No need for urinals, just stalls with doors and walls going floor to ceiling. Why do I need to see everyone pants or whatever down on the floor or to see through the small slit between the door and wall to see if someone in the bathroom. Just give us privacy my god...what's so hard about peace love and understanding for our bathroom needs!

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
Yes, I don't think women really understand just how disgusting most men are.Take any establishment and their restrooms, and I can guarantee you the men's restroom is alot nastier than the women's, if you give a chance for men to not pick up the toilet seat when we piss, we will take it, especially 4 beers in.

Nah. When I was fresh out of college and couldn't get a real job to save my life, I was a janitorial supervisor, and the women's bathrooms were by far the nastiest--I'm talking about shit sprayed on the wall behind the toilet bad, used toilet paper next to the toilets on the floor, the occasional used tampon sitting behind the toilet, etc. Once we started having the tampon issues, we had to have a talk with the company, since we weren't equipped to clean up blood. The men's rooms were typically just pee splatter, pubes and shit streaks in the toilet from time to time.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Nah. When I was fresh out of college and couldn't get a real job to save my life, I was a janitorial supervisor, and the women's bathrooms were by far the nastiest--I'm talking about shit sprayed on the wall behind the toilet bad, used toilet paper next to the toilets on the floor, the occasional used tampon sitting behind the toilet, etc. Once we started having the tampon issues, we had to have a talk with the company, since we weren't equipped to clean up blood. The men's rooms were typically just pee splatter, pubes and shit streaks in the toilet from time to time.

I've been in alot of men's restrooms at sporting events, raves, clubs, bars and seen some horrific shit and if the women's restrooms are just as gross as the men's, than that makes the case for urinals even stronger because I don't want to piss in a nasty stall.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Yes they should. I shouldn't have to wait for people to finish using a stall for me to just pee for 10 seconds when a urinal could've saved me and others time.

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
So in Texas for bars or places that serve alcohol a urinal is a requirement by the state's alcohol authority, TABC. Or it was, I'm a couple of years out of things.

Americans have a weird hangup with urinals. I still recall going to a jazz festival in Belgium and the outdoor urinals being out in the open and no one gave a shit.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
No, urinals should be a separate thing IMO.

Hell, even in male-only toilets urinals should be a separate thing. Gross things.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Why do you presume there wouldn't be piss on the seats anyway? Public toilets are disgusting in general, it's not unique to people who stand to pee.

That said, everyone should sit to pee.

I sit to pee at home when it's middle of the night in my own bathroom, but I'm not sitting to pee in any public place when I could stand and pee.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
No. I am not even comfortable using a urinal in a single sex restroom, let alone with the other sex walking freely around.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only if the urinal is in a private little stall. Some urinals are right next to each other out in the open. Ladies walking by will definitely see some dick.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
Will there ever be a toilet that allows men to securely dock their penis to avoid splashing piss all around?

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
for all you urinals are disgusting people, you're like not supposed to touch them?

I suggest having urinals unless if you want mfers pissing all over the toilet seat because they couldn't be bothered to lift it before peeing.
no men could have ever entered a unisex or womens bathroom and there would still be piss on the seat....

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, if only to minimize the number of people who refuse to lift a public toilet seat before pissing.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They're space and water efficient. They also allow for bathroom traffic to be smoother since stalls are slower.

Germaphobes have no idea what they're talking about. Do you really want crazy long lines? Get real.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
They're space and water efficient.

This is the other thing. Urinals use far less water which would hopefully still be a goal worth striving for. I'd imagine for a busy public restroom you'd likely be saving thousands of gallons of water a year. They even have waterless urinals which effectively use no water. Just from an environmental standpoint urinal use should be encouraged.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I don't understand all the people who say they don't want them because they'll catch a glimpse of dick.

I'm 27 and can't remember a time ever when I saw another man's penis while using the urinals. No one has their junk just dangling out in the middle of the room, you gotta put in some effort to see a penis. Keep your eyes above waist level and stare at the wall while you piss. It's pretty simple.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
They're space and water efficient.

Yeah, I'm pro urinals for this reason.

Also, as someone who uses urinals pretty regularly, I cannot remember the last time I actually saw someone's junk? Then again, I'm pretty tunnel vision when I'm in a public restroom as it is.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
I wish men's only bathrooms didn't have urinals. If there's an open stall I take if 100% of the time. I need my privacy.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I used a unisex bathroom once & it felt so weird.
I used one at a bar and it was terrific. Single entrance, but a sign like so

" ⬅ Stalls ________________ Stalls/Urinals ➡ "

with the sinks available on either side and the stalls being in one continuous corridor behind the wall.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
What's nasty about urinals? They're waaaaaaaaaay less likely to be gross compared to a stall. The best part is that you don't need to touch them.

Get rid of the urinals, and the people that coat the urinals/floor in piss are just going to completely cover the toilet/seat in piss.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I used one at a bar and it was terrific. Single entrance, but a sign like so

" ⬅ Stalls ________________ Stalls/Urinals ➡ "

with the sinks available on either side and the stalls being in one continuous corridor behind the wall.
See, that sounds a lot better than it just being a regular ass bathroom & I'm taking a piss in one stall & a woman is next to me in another stall.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Urinals save space VS a closed stall. They're quicker and more time efficient. And they save water.

I've never seen someones dick at a urinal, you'd have to be looking for it.

Also
Cu88unb.png

D2gryBh.jpg

if countries in Europe and other places can have OUTSIDE public urinals. People can get over it and deal with them INSIDE in a bathroom, yes even a unisex bathroom.

Last edited: