• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
a2ce0561bc573935dfa620f323aab258.gif

finalfantasyprada.1419966883.0.png

17iixo6s9cjwajpg.jpg

The game could involve any FF cast but let's just go with XIII.

The game starts off in a Louis Vuitton building. Lightning was supposed to be part of a photoshoot but she was too busy tripping acid which made her convinced that she killed God and reincarnated in another planet. So someone took the opportunity and began impersonating her. Obviously she kicked the impersonator's ass (which turned out to be Barthandelus, already experienced in impersonating a Farron). The shoot resumes, with the real Lightning.

All is well, until this happens:

osez4wnsyim32biaasio.jpg

Lightning begins to realize the abusive nature of the modeling/fashion industry after experiencing severe neck injuries.

She takes off on a journey to fight the CEO of Louis Vuitton.

Battle system is like VII Remake, but when the Stagger gauge is full, Lightning will enter "PHOTOSHOOT MODE" where the player will try taking as many shots as possible, potentially inflicting "Charm" on the enemy.

Summons in this game are famous models, such as Tyra Banks (will revive Lightning when KO'd whilst yelling "WE WERE ROOTING FOR YOU HOW DARE YOU"), and Katy Perry who frequently dresses like a Final Fantasy final boss at the Met Gala.

Instant 98 Metacritic.

Yes or yes?

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
this post just makes me want HD style savvy
featuring lightning of course

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
FFX-3 with the jobs depending on what Louis V gear you have on.

Starring Lightning.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Some of those outfits look stupider than the clothes that were already in XIII.

Oct 27, 2017
No, but I'd play an Adidas branded FF game where you play a party of schemies.

Who needs potions and airships when you can have cheap cider and a Ford Fiesta with an ill-fitting body kit?

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gaming will remain a failed experiment until the game as described in the OP is sold.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Nah just bring Lightning back for a game.

Gilgamesh and Lightning action rpg where they try to restore the Final Fantasy game universes which a villain messed up

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, why not. I'll take this and also add a dating FF visual novel. We were unworthy of Wada's vision for FF as he oversaturated the market with middle tier games and now are suffering under Matsuda's strict limitation of the franchise.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
shitty thread premise when you have lightning fighting "CEO of Louis Vouitton" instead of nicolas ghesquiere and virgil abloh

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather not.

If they want to make an RPG revolving around fashion, just call it "Fashion Fantasy",

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
shitty thread premise when you have lightning fighting "CEO of Louis Vouitton" instead of nicolas ghesquiere and virgil abloh
Nicolas Ghesquière will be the new unit in League of Legends instead. I would like to see more costume designers get Videogame work but there is no real need for that to happen. Games aren't films or Plays or Pattern Recognition by William Gibson(lol).

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For XV they went pretty designer heavy which .... is not for me but hey, whatever

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
In all seriousness, FFXV was really close to this. Those party menus are aspirational high-street fashion love letters. I'd be down for something even more committed for sure.

eja9j7i0us611.png

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"I killed a god and rewrote the universe. I thought I was done. Little did I know, I'd soon have to face my greatest challenge yet. Slaying the fashion industry won't be easy, but that's never stopped me from fighting. Sometimes lightning strikes when you least expect it. The storm is here, and it's ready to werk."

giphy.gif