• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should the Demon's Souls remaster/remake be named "Demon Souls"?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
4NBWHsE.png

I always felt like the title "Demon's Souls" was kind of awkward. The "s" at the end of "Demon's" blends into the "S" in "Souls" and it just doesn't feel good to say. You're basically already saying Demon Souls unless you specifically emphasize the apostrophe-s at the end of Demon's.

Do you think the remaster/remake version should streamline the name to "Demon Souls"? Discuss.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Obviously not

It's not a great name, but it's still the name of the game

instead I prefer the remake is called nothing because it doesn't exist :^3

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
You people also gonna tell me Death's Stranding doesn't sound worse than Death Stranding?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
That would be the first sign they arent respecting its legacy, whoever remakes/remasters it.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I honestly would kinda love if a remake had a slightly different title than the original. I kinda liked the the Daemon's Souls suggestion at the top.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls and Demon's Souls in Japanese just read as Soul in the title. Strange.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
If they ever do a remake sure. It will at least make it easier to know which version it is without awkwardly adding "remake" to the title.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Demon's Souls may sound a bit weird but Demon Souls sounds even worse. Somehow it loses all of its weight and sounds more generic.