• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
To be honest they could just make a MMO version of Union X as the mobile version has MMO elements as it is. Would be an interesting thing to see though I doubt it would happen.

Can't speak for either DQ or FF MMOs but FF14 seems to be doing quite well and the people I know who play it really love it. As for DQ, well it would be nice if DQ10 would come over to the west before we discuss a potential second DQ MMO.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Final Fantasy 14 will be around for a while
Its the best Final Fantasy since 9, y'all need to play it

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I think FFXIV has legs so they don't need another MMO yet. It got an extended life due to it's rough launch then relaunch. Single player FF needs more of a pick me up after XV.

Roukira

Dec 1, 2018
France, Paris
Both would be good, but I hope they go action combat route this time. I still hope to see a MMORPG with a gameplay as good as Dragon Nest.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wanting a new MMO to play and never can find one that can keep me interested for long like FFXI. FFXIV wasn't the successor I had hoped it would be, so I'm hoping there will be another and that the next one will take a new direction again and click more for me.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they?

this has nothing to do with Nomura or Kitase, god saves from those 2 guys touching the MMOs.

The next MMO should be done by someone approved by Yoshida.

Just a poor joke based on that specific year always being utilized, which I think would fit a timeline where XVII (one letter changed from VIIR) is the next MMO.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like them to bring DQ 10 over here, I'll pay to play that game. It looked like my jam and I'd love to play with other DQ fans.

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
as someone who has played the Japanese release of DQX for a few months, this is a real shame. Fantastic game and it really deserves a chance of life outside of Japan.

I do think that it would perform poorly as a subscription MMO though, which may be why Square has been hesitant to pick it up for the west.
Does the Japanese release have some sort of language option?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Just a poor joke based on that specific year always being utilized, which I think would fit a timeline where XVII (one letter changed from VIIR) is the next MMO.

Well you could say that since launching their first MMO they've skipped two mainline entries before releasing another MMO. XVII would fit the bill.

XI - MMO
XII - SP
XIII - SP
XIV - MMO
XV - SP
XVI - SP?
XVII - MMO?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more curious of FF16 will try to break into the Destiny/Anthem market.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I just want DQX to come stateside, but we all know thats never happening. FFXIV is fun, but I feel like I've had my fill and want something different/new.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest X looks lovely. I wish they had at least released an Asian version in English without any region lock. Or just made the Japanese available without region lock (similar to PSO2). Would've loved to at least give it a try.