• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
There is a certain conflict with the idea of a next gen console probably being quite expensive and the goal that Jim Ryan spoke of: getting people to transition to a new gen faster than ever before.

The software offering for the first year seems pretty good so that's a start. But maybe Sony could experiment with the Disney Vault idea that Nintendo is now trying out. Could a new way of driving consumers to your platform be introducing FOMO into the business? It seems to work quite well in the Battle Pass market after all.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
No.

Releasing a low-effort ROM pack for a limited time to celebrate an anniversary is not the same as releasing a very expensive new AAA game for a limited time.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
This is an absolutely terrible idea.

y005.gif

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just stop this bus right now. What Nintendo's doing is fucking stupid and no one should be following them.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
What? No
People will want to buy the ps5 to play the game but won't be able to get their hands on a ps5 right away.

i couldn't get my hands on a ps4 until late January. Horrible idea

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I guess technically this is a reaction thread so in before lock, but lol I love this thread.

Also, the fact that 90% of the posters in here think the OP is seriously proposing this idea shows how fucked up Nintendo is that they've now made this a potential reality.

Last edited:

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I think we should encourage companies to copy good policies, not the other way around.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even ignoring that not everyone is going to even be able to get a PS5 right away and that several people are probably in the middle of a financial crisis, fuck no.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean 'should they'? Why would anyone want Sony to make a decision that's worse for the consumer?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Stop. The whole vault style artificial scarcity is such bullshit as it is and I hate that Nintendo is doing it.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Marvel would send over the black helicopters and simply disappear everyone who suggested that idea.

I don't think you realize how popular Spider-Man is.

Status
Not open for further replies.