• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
Bluepoint might be our only hope for something Bloodborne related. So yeah, lock them in ASAP

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Bluepoint does incredible remaster, but as the developers of The Order showed developing a own IP with great gameplay is a different beast entirely. Thus I am not sure if PS studios would benefit much from the addition, outside of having a very technology impressive studio that can take old PS games like Motorstorm, Jak, ... and turn them into stunning remasters.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure if it would be worth it
1: they have no IP of real value so their value is entirely in the people who do the great work.

2. people can leave, especially such a small team

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a matter of time, and that Demon's Souls is the final "test". Not like they would do it wrong lol

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I think they're of greater value without being tied to a publisher. They do exceptional work in terms of remasters and they should be able to bring their experience to as many games as need their help.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Sony has shown from their own studios they like new IPs and want them to succeed. Bluepoint remake old games have have shown nothing unique or from themselves. So I would go with a no.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Bluepoint is golden, but they seems to have a great relationship with Sony, and if they can stay independent, better for them i guess.
I would rather see Sony purchasing a Japanese studio like Falcom that makes great JRPGs but they seem to lack funds to deliver modern visuals.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I never got why that expression was used for studios acquisitions. Adopting is more fitting here than wedding. 😂

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most likely Bluepoint don't want to be owned and considering their niche, it probably wouldn't bring the right synergy to Sony.

Though imagine if they were brought in the develop BC middleware within Sony...

ps3ud0 8)

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they will if Bluepoint want a closer partnership with them. I get the feeling they're in the comfy position sucker punch were where their games sell, both parties are seeing mutual benefit and neither feel that its at risk of ending anytime soon.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
ICO Remake
The Last Gaurdian Remaster
Siphon Filter Remake
APE ESCAPE remake
Primal Remake
War of the Monsters Remake
Twisted Metal Black Remake

The list goes on and on. They are more than capable to tackle each of these and more.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Popping the question makes sense if the studio has an amazing original IP that adds to the PlayStation library, although I am sure after demon souls they might get the chance from Sony to build something of their own. That will be the make or break moment for them. Before that I simply don't see the value in a company that does remakes.

In the ends Sony is interested in IP's and the only thing Blue Point has is talent and this talent is easily poachable and very little worth for a company like Sony
again you need an original IP, since those last beyond that specific talent and are of actual value.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. A long time ago, even. Besides the 360 versions of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Titanfall, everything else they've worked on is a PS exclusive.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'd prefer for Bluepoint to be available for third parties to outsource if they wanted a good quality remaster of some old games.

Like, I don't know what the chances of a 4K MGS collection would be, but I know which studio I'd want to be in charge of it if it ever happened.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Sony has shown from their own studios they like new IPs and want them to succeed. Bluepoint remake old games have have shown nothing unique or from themselves. So I would go with a no.
Remaking a game the right way is as much work as creating a new game. They have more than proven themselves on a technical and game design level. Bluepoint Games even wants to make their own game one day. They have the know-how and the team to back it up. I am willing to bet any new game they would make would be as good as any of their remakes. Under SIE, they would only thrive.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Bluepoint and Japan Studio have become so great at collaborating at this point that they should always partner up and remake old Japanese Sony IPs

Automagical

Jun 27, 2020
Popping the question makes sense if the studio has an amazing original IP that adds to the PlayStation library, although I am sure after demon souls they might get the chance from Sony to build something of their own. That will be the make or break moment for them. Before that I simply don't see the value in a company that does remakes.

In the ends Sony is interested in IP's and the only thing Blue Point has is talent and this talent is easily poachable and very little worth for a company like Sony
again you need an original IP, since those last beyond that specific talent and are of actual value.
Sorry what was the amazing original IP that led them to buy insomniac?

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
It's fits the profile, they also have little original IP to boost the price up just like Insomniac didn't.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Remaking a game the right way is as much work as creating a new game. They have more than proven themselves on a technical and game design level. Bluepoint Games even wants to make their own game one day. They have the know-how and the team to back it up. I am willing to bet any new game they would make would be as good as any of their remakes. Under SIE, they would only thrive.
Remaking is an art of its own, for sure, but its not even comparable to creating something from scratch, and this industry puts very little value on talented teams.
Blue Point needs to get the chance to create something of their own, and only then can Sony see the value of that team.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.
And then give them Bloodborne 2 as a first original game with help of Sony Japan. I will shield them from the shitstorm.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I mean hell yeah, obviously talented dev with a pretty great track record. I'd say why the hell not

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They clearly have the talent. With Sony's financial backing, I can see them doing big things.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Remaking is an art of its own, for sure, but its not even comparable to creating something from scratch, and this industry puts very little value on talented teams.
Blue Point needs to get the chance to create something of their own, and only then can Sony see the value of that team.

They need money to create something of their own, and I think Sony would be willing to fund that (looking at all their new IPs this gen).

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Bluepoint needs to get the chance to create something of their own, and only then can Sony see the value of that team.
All of their games with SIE have been commercially successful. I'm pretty sure SIE already see value in that team, original IP or not. Let's not forget that SIE acquired Insomniac despite already owning Ratchet & Clank and Resistance. So the IPs a studio has may help in setting the value, but as they have said before if the team/studio's values match with SIE's own, talks of acquisition can be a possibility. SIE look for studios/teams dynergy not just IPs. Otherwise, they would have acquired Housemarque a while ago.

Last edited:

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It would make a lot of sense for Sony to do so. Personally, I would like to see them do their magic on some other publishers IPs

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine that over the course of the last 2 generations, Bluepoint has made a lot of money for Sony. They've been trusted with several of Sony's most prestigious IPs. I don't know if that alone is reason to own them when it seems easy enough to contract them. But dismissing them because they don't create anything new is short-sighted.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
They do seem to have a close relationship, but if they do, I would like to see Bluepoint try their hand at their own original IPs rather than remaking and remastering games. The work they do is fantastic, and the old adage is to stick to what you're good at, but it'd be nice to see them branch out.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
But Sony is their biggest customer with only the exception of titanfall I think so they are definitely interested in remaking older games.
I guess Sony will try to buy them if they are afraid that someone else will hire them for a remake. It's also possible that blueprint just doesn't want to be bought.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
They may already have..

There has been rumours going round Sony aquired a Studio or two in the last few months. Bluepoint makes perfect sense..Housemarque too.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe wait and see if Demon's Souls sticks the landing?

I mean, from everything we've seen of the game, it absolutely looks like it will, but goddamn, can't we wait for all of this next gen stuff (hardware and software) to even release before giving any sort of definitive opinion on it?