• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if they just focused on making remasters, it would be a great get, these guys are extremely talented. I would love to see what they could do with a totally original IP too. I imagine it wouldn't be very expensive to buy them, wonder if Sony is thinking about buying them. Bluepoint would also need to be interested in selling, maybe they value their independence.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
After Insomniac, Bluepoint seemed like the next best bet for Sony. But who knows what they are thinking of doing.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Having a studio dedicated to remaking their backlog of gems would be great in my opinion, I'd be all for it. They've historically been tied to Sony so the acquisition wouldn't really impact other platforms either.

Oct 27, 2017
They mostly do games for them and are really good at what they do so I feel it makes sense.

Do it and let them remake Resistance 1 and 2, remaster 3 and remake a lot of games in their library (especially the JRPGs).

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'm sure they've considered it, it's not like it benefits us players at all though since they're not going anywhere and the games are already on PlayStation.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
As with any acquisition, depends on the acquisition price and org chart implications. Sometimes it is much better to maintain the flexibility to just have a go-to contractor. The main bonuses of acquisitions are if you want to put golden handcuffs on certain employees or want IP.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Demon souls is a sure success, so probably Sony would consider it if they hadn't already.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
They should, yes. Especially if Demon's Souls Remake does as well as it is performing in socials engagement.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When was the last time Bluepoint made something for another publisher? Metal Gear HD a decade ago?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
They're basically developing exclusive for Sony any way so no need to buy em. I'm sure they have a real good relationship already.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Yes but for god's sake let them have their chance to do a new IP, make a new team or something.
A ''remake machine'' sounds cool and I have no doubt that Bluepoint would be ok with that, but they are technical wizards and I need to see something truly new coming from them.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Most of their games are already PlayStation exclusive, what would anyone stand to gain?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They should stay independent. Dont need more more companies under larger umbrellas.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yes. A dedicated remake or maybe even reboot studio given Sony's IP catalog would be tremendous.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I also thought BluePoint wanted to make their own IP at some point. No question. Bring them in. They are incredible.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about rings but they should put them to work on Demons Souls 2 or Bloodborne 2, and see what happens. I don't care which. It's the only way we're ever getting either of them cause From's not an option.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Demon's Souls visually looks great - but we have to wait until it's out to actually know if they did a good job on it. Have they had the community come out to play it early like From does ?

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
If Bluepoint wants that, sure. They are obviously a really talented studio when it comes to remastering games. I have no idea what they are capable of with completely new games nor do I know how content they are making really high quality remakes of games. I haven't played Demon's Souls yet, but I know I would place high value on them personally as a fan if they can continue to bring classic Sony games to modern consoles.

Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall for 360 was extremely impressive.

Bluepoint have said they want to make an original game. In the digital foundry interview for Shadow of the Colossus they said they were working on an ambitious remaster (turns out to be Demon's Souls) and then they would be in position to make their own game after.

I dont think it makes sense to buy them as just a remaster studio. But if they're cooking up something that turns out well then that's a strong studio and might be worth investing in.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Sure, even if they'd be a remaster/remake and support studio. Bloodborne 2 by From with Bluepoint's technical prowess would be an amazing game to have.

Tribal24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should it would only benefit them more, I think. They will probably do a original IP next.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's odd to assume that Bluepoint wants to be bought out by Sony. Maybe they like being independent?

Oct 25, 2017
DS graphics fucking shocked me.

Insane how good that game looks, plus the animations.

Sony should buy them immediately if they can. They clearly know their shit.

Having said that, they haven't made an original IP yet. Not sure if they are interested in that, but Sony has a treasure trove of IP they could work on.

My personal hope is a Jak remake. Remake 1, 2 and 3. Not at the same time, but work on them as a trilogy of games.

I think it's odd to assume that Bluepoint wants to be bought out by Sony. Maybe they like being independent?

He said that in the OP?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they haven't already done it. Only a matter of time I'd imagine.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care who does it (as long as it's quality), Sly Cooper 1-3 need a Vicarious Visions style remake collection. I'm willing to kill.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Demon's Souls is actually the technical centerpiece for the PS5's launch. The biggest next gen exclusive at launch for them. Sony obviously have a lot of faith in them. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony do end up buying them. I would love to see an original ip they come up with. I wouldn't be disappointed if their next was a Socom remake though lol