• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
A good port of the PS3 trilogy would be great to see plus the fourth game to top it off. It's probably the most consistently great platformer series that Sony had that generation. Though the need for it could change based on the BC situation for PS5.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching the new Crash 4 game makes me really want a new Sly Cooper game, some of the art in the new levels look so much like Sly 2, just needs to be tweaked to be more cell shaded and we'd be in business.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the new Crash 4 game makes me really want a new Sly Cooper game, some of the art in the new levels look so much like Sly 2, just needs to be tweaked to be more cell shaded and we'd be in business.

The bayou levels reminded me of Sly because of the contemporary, yet stylised depiction of a real place with animal people present

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
The trilogy has a solid remaster. Thieves in Time holds up. Give us competent backwards compatibility instead.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Toys For Bob seems like a perfect choice to remake the games. And to be honest, it's very possible they will in the future.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Sly 1 could use a remake for sure. 2nd and 3rd are perfectly fine, they just need a SOTC facelift. Honestly I would love to just replay the originals right now on PS4.

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
Sly Cooper got a remaster and 4th entry. Ratchet has never died.

Where are my boys Jak and Daxter?

The PS4 ports were garbage and they need some proper releases.

CyberWarrior

Oct 29, 2018
I'm 100% down for this. Though I'd love them bring over The Sly Collection and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time to PS4. I mean, they did bring ALL the Jak games to PS4, so I don't get why not Sly.
Though I doubt they'd come to PS4 as of now, seeing unless they are cross-gen, SONY seems to be solely focused on the PS5 (which I equally wouldn't mind lol).

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Short answer: Yes!
Both part 1 and 2 are absolute amazing games 😍

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Been playing Ghost of Tsushima and keep thinking about how it has all kinds of mechanics from the Sly games.

PS5 remakes that lead into Sly 5!
Let's go!

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed Sly 4's blending of 2+3's openness and the platforming of Sly 1, but I don't know how well received the game was critically, or how well a new one in that vein would reosnate with general audiences.

What would be the best approach for the next game?

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
It already has a remaster, I'd rather it just continue to be playable going forward, same with the Jak and Ratchet collections.

Should probably get Thieves in Time in there as well.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
But we already got the Sly collection and it's so easy to get... and it's great too.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I think Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper should both return. It would be nice to see how sophisticated they could make the story and exploration. Beyond Crash / Crash 4 style levels. I want to see roaming but without the complex craziness of Ratchet and Clank,

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
I was gonna post saying it definitely should but I see I already said that a year ago. AND WE'VE HAD ZERO UPDATES ON THE TV SHOW SINCE. This is the longest we've gone without a Sly game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with Sly staying dead after Thieves in Time was so bad.

Sly 3 ended perfectly. It didn't need a follow up.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
These games are the best mascot platformers ever so I hope the series continues.

I would recommend checking out the videos on Sly by B-Mask because he makes a pretty good argument that the series plot has been finished. https://youtu.be/CO-OPkBwLe4

I think maybe some people have a hard time letting go of certain series. I think we should accept that game series cannot continue forever and it's worth it to end something and move on.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they remaster them again then hopefully they don't fuck up the rhythm game boss again in Sly 1.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sly 5 pretend sly 4 never happened

And I'm in

Sly being forced back into the game for one reason or another would at least be a better starting point than "after retiring from thievery, finding love, and leaving his legacy behind with the people who matter the most to him, Sly then does a break and enter because he felt like it."

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sly being forced back into the game for one reason or another would at least be a better starting point than "after retiring from thievery, finding love, and leaving his legacy behind with the people who matter the most to him, Sly then does a break and enter because he felt like it."

Indeed. Or even something as simple as a criminal mastermind has this super dangerous artifact that can end the world and because the feds don't have anyone slick enough to get in and out stealthily they turn to Sly and his crew and force him out.

Then if they want to set up more games have it so the feds had him steal the object so they can have the power for themselves. Sly of course doesn't comply and destroys it/keeps it in the cooper vault and becomes a felon again because the feds aren't happy their greed wasn't rewarded.

Should be easy as hell with that kinda frame up.

ColonialHawk

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
I wish they would at least port the PS3 remasters, but Sly 5 would have to be a reboot of some kind or a continuation by means of say another Cooper (or possibly Sly's child).

Or make that damn movie already, or tv show, or something. I just want more Sly Cooper and the Gang ; _ ;

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy with the PS3 HD collection getting a PS4 release with Thieves in Time included.
Then that one could just carry forward via BC.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
They just need to get a solid PS2 emulator going and re-release some of their classic titles with upscaled resolutions and framerates.

I don't think the franchise, at least right now, is worth the attention of a triple A studio remake, but I think Sony in general need to be doing more to preserve the legacy of their franchises.

Sly Cooper, Wipeout, Motorstorm, Killzone, Resistance, Twisted Metal, Socom why funnel so much money into these intellectual properties only to allow them not just to fade, but disappear entirely.

Then later on they could at least consider rebooting these franchises, but as is they're becoming so irrelevant that they would be worth less than a new IP.

Even God of War, which is still one of its flagship franchises, doesn't have its original two games available on PS4. It's hard to understand why this is, honestly.

If we compare to a company like Disney, they understand the importance of preserving their brands by making them available to new audiences. In Disney's case, they can reposition and reboot these properties, for continued value (though I must admit the disney remakes are terrible). Sony just don't seem to get that.

But, I suppose their banking on Playstation Now to preserve these titles, or something like that. Which is a big shame, because I don't see Now taking off any time soon, or offering the quality of experience that's appropriate for revisiting these titles, even.