• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 17, 2018
This is great to see. Shatter was one of my earliest indie game purchases and I loved my time with it. Would happily pick up the new version

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Just a little update here, we were a little slow to spin up at the end of last year, but are working with an external dev team to help make the ports happen, and they have made great progress in getting stuff running on hardware. No definitive release date or SKU plan yet, though Xbox One, PS4, and Switch likely (the port work at least is covering all of those). Might be end of the year. More likely early next year.
Wow! This is great news, thank you for trying to make it work. You must all be very proud of the game :)

Will buy on Switch for the soundtrack...*swoon*

Oct 27, 2017
I'm listening to the soundtrack for this game for the first time in a couple of years and it's still so good! Can't wait for the re-release.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Man, I'm hoping they are also already talking to people for a physical release.

"Shatter" on disc/ cartridge has been a dream of mine for so long...I keep pestering LRG to do the PS3 version every now and then to this day. :) (which apparently is not possible because of the backed-in demo/ trial version, so this gives me new hope!)

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm hoping they are also already talking to people for a physical release.

"Shatter" on disc/ cartridge has been a dream of mine for so long...I keep pestering LRG to do the PS3 version every now and then to this day. :) (which apparently is not possible because of the backed-in demo/ trial version, so this gives me new hope!)
Hah, I like your persistence.

Until then, I can still play the Steam version which looks *amazing* in 4K.

So current gen owners are in for a treat, both visually and aurally, but mostly the latter.

Still the best soundtrack in gaming.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I still have this games soundtrack on my shoet list of things I'll listen to on endless repeat while I do art. It's so good. Never gets old.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Will get it for switch, as I already have it on PC and had a blast years ago, so getting it on the go would be perfect. DAT MUSIC!

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Was just playing Ring Fit Adventure last night and remarked upon how the suck and blow mechanics would work real well in Shatter, not to mention the motion control of moving the Ring-con back and forth. Then I log on here today and see this. Too strange!

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I liked Shatter and GripShift. GripShift is one of the first digital titles I bought for PS3.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but GripShift is BC on Xbox One so it's playable on one modern platform at least.

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017
Loved both Gripshift and Shatter. Excellent games that took familiar formats and actually iterated / subverted in a way that felt wholly unique.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
This was a phenomenal game, and I'd buy it again for sure. Look into PSVR release please - Tetris Effect proved how powerful a game like this can be in VR.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
So, this thread prompted another look at what we could do here, and we found a way to make it work.

Some details to sort through (so I can't make definitive statements about timing and platforms), but Shatter will be coming to modern consoles.

Thanks for the poke, Era.
Incredible. Gonna buy as soon as I see it thanks to this post.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when this will be released. It's hard to find any information about the PS4 version.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Lets all pretend the delay is because they are adding VR support!

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of GripShift. Is it any good?

It is the best game in the history of human existence!

Brief description is It's Mario Kart x Super Monkey Ball. In some ways it's similar to Rocket League, Trials, Joe Danger. Your goal is to get to the finish line as quickly as possible and their are side objectives that involve getting the collectables in the level as fast as possible too. There's lots of strategy involved in getting the fastest time possible.

For example take this stage(Shitty 13 year old youtube video incoming):

Their is a checkpoint at the other end of the track right before I blew up and when you blow up the game resets you to the last place you touched road. So, I used the environment to get to the checkpoint and blow up without hitting the road so I would reset closer to the finish line.

Last edited:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is the best game in the history of human existence!

Brief description is It's Mario Kart x Super Monkey Ball. In some ways it's similar to Rocket League, Trials, Joe Danger. Your goal is to get to the finish line as quickly as possible and their are side objectives that involve getting the collectables in the level as fast as possible too. There's lots of strategy involved in getting the fastest time possible.

For example take this stage(Shitty 13 year old youtube video incoming):

Their is a checkpoint at the other end of the track right before I blew up and when you blow up the game resets you to the last place you touched road. So, I used the environment to get to the checkpoint and blow up without hitting the road so I would reset closer to the finish line.

The original release on PSP CONSUMED ME. Loved the track editor.
Thanks. I see the game is still available to be bought digitally on Xbox marketplace and can be played on Xbox One due to BC. I might have to get it. I see it also has DLC that's exclusive to the Xbox 360 version.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I used to love playing this back in the day. Would love an updated version for current consoles, and VR (hint, hint)

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I can't wait to play this on the best platform, the company branded platform which I pledge my allegiance. That is the platform that I'm most proud of.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
OMG I loved GripShift!

I remember being starved for downloadable games on PS3 around that time and picked it up assuming it would be some forgettable time waster to tide me over till more stuff came out, but I had a blast with it. It really had that "just one more time..." addiction factor to it.

I'd snatch up a straight re-release on PS4 in a heartbeat.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
As this has been bumped, I'll say this effort is still ongoing, just happening slower than we wanted. No release date yet, but hope to have an idea of when we might release in the next few months (probably sometime around mid year).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Shatter came up in a thread about game soundtracks and I just had to bump this. I know the pandemic probably slowed things way down, but have there been any updates?

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Shatter came up in a thread about game soundtracks and I just had to bump this. I know the pandemic probably slowed things way down, but have there been any updates?

Thanks for following up. Things have been moving forward, but as with my earlier note there have been some technical and logistical stumbling blocks which is dragging things out. The pandemic situation itself hasn't been much of a factor.

Our current efforts should hopefully have it releasing on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch before the end of the year, assuming all licensing and approvals happen as expected.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Thanks for following up. Things have been moving forward, but as with my earlier note there have been some technical and logistical stumbling blocks which is dragging things out. The pandemic situation itself hasn't been much of a factor.

Our current efforts should hopefully have it releasing on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch before the end of the year, assuming all licensing and approvals happen as expected.
Awesome, thanks so much for the update!

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017

Still on track for the end of this year?

Were next gen versions added to the mix?

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Still on track for the end of this year?

Were next gen versions added to the mix?
Sooo.... no. We've had things continue to drag out with our external team unfortunately. We have builds across most platforms that are working, and going through optimization and compliance work.

Once that is done, we'll be pulling development back in house and doing a pass over the graphics and the UI, with a view to modernizing a few things. Not sure I'd go as far as calling it a remaster at this stage but we want to make sure it looks nicer and certainly not dated.

So timeline is looking more like Q2 next year. But the next consoles are now in the mix at least too. At some point we'll actually make an official announcement which will probably indicate we have a good handle on things.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
So, this thread prompted another look at what we could do here, and we found a way to make it work.

Some details to sort through (so I can't make definitive statements about timing and platforms), but Shatter will be coming to modern consoles.

Thanks for the poke, Era.

Well...ho.....holy shit? Good luck then!

EDIT: huh, I never caught this thread back when it was posted. This is cool stuff.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo.... no. We've had things continue to drag out with our external team unfortunately. We have builds across most platforms that are working, and going through optimization and compliance work.

Once that is done, we'll be pulling development back in house and doing a pass over the graphics and the UI, with a view to modernizing a few things. Not sure I'd go as far as calling it a remaster at this stage but we want to make sure it looks nicer and certainly not dated.

So timeline is looking more like Q2 next year. But the next consoles are now in the mix at least too. At some point we'll actually make an official announcement which will probably indicate we have a good handle on things.
Can't wait.

My wallet is ready Mario.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

Thank you for the update! We appreciate you and your external team for working hard on this. Take your time and good luck with the rest of the development!

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you so much for the update. I can't wait.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this game around the time it released on Steam. The soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal! Tracks from it end up playing in my head from time to time.

I would love to see (and hear) a sequel!

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I've never played this game but bought the OST and listen to it all the time while I work - so good for coding! Can't wait to finally play it once it's on current/next gen!

Craig Majaski

Nov 1, 2017
How has this slipped by me for like 2 years? I was just listening to the soundtrack the other day and it's so awesome. Can't wait to play the game again on current/next gen.