• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reviewers should beat games before reviewing them.

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I think you should aim for completion, and disclose how much you do or don't complete (even reviews based on a finished game almost certainly haven't 100%'d it, at least for larger titles), but I don't think there should be a hard rule, since a review of part of the game is better than just never publishing one, and "at ten hours I was bored to tears and had to stop" or "part X was so difficult it made this game unbeatable for me" are valid opinions to try to express in a review. A review explaining why the game broke down for you at that point is valuable.

Also we're just not in an era where it's feasible for a publication to review literally everything coming out to completion anymore. It's not like the PS2 era where a big Gamespot or IGN could actually have someone assigned to every official release. Games are releasing by the minute, so cutting a review short can turn into coverage for something that was otherwise getting skipped.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Those in favor of having to beat the game, why stop there? They should platinum it. 100%. Every side quest. How else could they judge everything the game has to offer?
And what about future DLC or patches, maybe wait until The Definitive Edition comes out so they can truly experience everything the creator has to offer.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I'm gonna go with no. Should you try your best to complete the game? Sure. But if you can't complete it because you found it so unenjoyable or it was too hard or something that's perfectly acceptable. The review would still be valid in my eyes. It's just another opinion and could very well be helpful to readers.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Assuming we're talking about not finishing due to the reviewer genuinely not wanting to finish rather than as a way to cut corners to save time and get more reviews done, I think it's fine. The perspective of someone who didn't finish a game is unique and valuable, because it begs the question of why exactly they didn't finish. But for outlets that affix a score or grade to their review, perhaps it should be a requirement.

It'd be like a teacher grading your test, but they only looked at the first two questions. Got one right, the other one wrong.. guess there's no need to check the rest of the questions, it's clearly a 50%!

Trying to reduce a subjective assessment to a raw numerical value is silly anyway, but maybe it could some standards so that it's slightly less so.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Getting the first ending fits the "beat the game" in the OP
unless you want people to do 130% on every game ... which becomes ridiculous for some games with a bazilion of sidequests and collectables

Like I said before, how the hell do you review World of Warcraft
There is a difference between a MMO and a history driven game, it's like comparing with a racing game, in that kinda game the important thing is that should be fun and balanced.
I finished Hollow Knight just now, 52 hours, 72% completion, and the final thought was that the ending was weird so I googled it. Turns out there are 6 very different endings depending on what you've done. Fortunately for me there is youtube. But for a critic who is reviewing it before the release when no youtube videos exist, do they have to finish it and search for all the endings to "get the full experience"? How do they even know that there are several endings before the release?

Like I said, it's not the same when the difference is a 1 minute cutscene that if you skip half game. I'm not advocating to get the super duper secret ending with hard as fuck conditions to get, like the dlc of hollow knight.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There is a difference between a MMO and a history driven game, it's like comparing with a racing game, in that kinda game the important thing is that should be fun and balanced.

....are you saying World of Warcraft is not a history driven game? Because they literally advertised the next expansion with history cutscene.

Here is a 3 hour video telling JUST the story of the Lich King

Should be noted that this video is from 3 years ago and the recent cutscene from the Shadowlands expanded even more on his story

Like I said, it's not the same when the difference is a 1 minute cutscene that if you skip half game. I'm not advocating to get the super duper secret ending with hard as fuck conditions to get, like the dlc of hollow knight.

And how would the person know this?
The Nier automata ending that everyone considers to be the final is the 5th secret ending. And you have to perform endings 3 or 4 twice for it to happen.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand why this topic is having such a vigorous debate. No one is forcing you to read someone's review and in no way are you incapable of buying a game to figure it out for yourself. You have hundreds of reviewers to choose from as well but you're going to artificially stipulate that everyone has to adhere to your rigid review guidelines? Stop being so inflexible.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
....are you saying World of Warcraft is not a history driven game? Because they literally advertised the next expansion with history cutscene.

Here is a 3 hour video telling JUST the story of the Lich King

Should be noted that this video is from 3 years ago and the recent cutscene from the Shadowlands expanded even more on his story

And how would the person know this?
The Nier automata ending that everyone considers to be the final is the 5th secret ending. And you have to perform endings 3 or 4 twice for it to happen.

Well WoW is weird in that regard because the "end" of the Shadowlands would be implemented in a posterior patch right?(I've never played WoW so I have no idea how it works). You only can judge what would be in the expansion at first.

Endings A,B,C,D were straightforward "play the game until the end". You played the campaign until they force you to choose one side, beat the boss and a message pops out that say "you can select the other side to see it's ending", and the 99% of people would do it for sheer curiosity, it was only a boss fight.

And wasn't ending E kinda automatic? You get ending C/D, choose the other side and then it give you the option to get ending E right?

Anyway, people can stop play wherever they want, but if you are making a review at least say "I didn't finished" and that's it.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok if they didn't for specific reasons like bugs or something is preventing the game from being beaten.

I think that most reviewers should beat the game that is being reviewed but they don't need to get a 100%

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The concept that a reviewer has to fully beat a game to review it is completely ridiculous, and the fact that most of people on here voted yes just goes to show how childishly delusional you bunch are.

Reviewers, especially professional ones, can't afford the luxury of spending infinite amounts of hours playing and reviewing a game. Any who would beat all the games they need to review would be out of business in a second. This is real life, not some magical fantasy world where money and time fall from trees.

Then there's all the different possible conditions that may make it unreasonable to beat a game.

- What about games that are too difficult to be beaten by the average reviewer? What reviewers would have been expected to beat Battletoads on NES before reviewing it? The game would have had no reviews. I doubt even a tiny amount reviewers beat Dark Souls, and that's perfectly normal.

- What about massive RPGs that take 100+ hours to beat? At 40 hours of work per week, it would take a reviewer over two weeks just to beat the game, plus time to actually write the review. With the amounts of games coming out and needing reviews, this is just nuts.

I could go on and on but many people in this thread have already done a great job of highlighted a bunch of situations where it either makes no sense or where it's hard to even determine what actually constitutes "beating" a game.

Games aren't books or movies or music. Their unique qualities and generally long play time makes it so they can't be held on the same standards. One can get a decently good opinion on a game once they've seen most everything the core gameplay loop has to offer.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
- What about games that are too difficult to be beaten by the average reviewer? What reviewers would have been expected to beat Battletoads on NES before reviewing it? The game would have had no reviews. I doubt even a tiny amount reviewers beat Dark Souls, and that's perfectly normal.
Battletoads is a very bad example because reviewers actually took the time to beat the game back then.
No one published a review with "eeeeh ... didn't manage to pass stage 3 ... solid 8/10 I guess? I don't know!"

Also while I'd agree that games aren't comparable to movies or music - they are comparable to books in many regards.
You don't see many book critics going "so... I've stopped reading after 40% ... uhm ... book is good? maybe? Dunno, haven't red it."

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Battletoads is a very bad example because reviewers actually took the time to beat the game back then.
No one published a review with "eeeeh ... didn't manage to pass stage 3 ... solid 8/10 I guess? I don't know!"
Really?

Read the review quotes posted on this webpage. None of them mention stage 3, or 4, or 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. Instead it's all generic marketing speak that doesn't say anything about the actual game.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I'd say its required but from my own personal experience slogging through a particularly tedious part to catch the end can certainly affect your overall perception on a game and put things in a greater context. Case in point, the final run in Outer Wilds took me entirely too many tries and was frustrating but I am ever so glad to have stuck it out as it gave me one of the most satisfying endings I've seen in a game. There were actually a lot of frustrating parts in Wilds, but the experience taken as a whole is just a wholly unique one and I know it wouldn't have resonated as deeply if I hadn't reached the ending for myself versus just going on Youtube to watch the ending. There's a sort of ouroboros like holistic sense of completeness in finishing something even if parts of it weren't ultimately fun.

Granted there's plenty of games I put down too and recent ones like Outer Worlds, so I typically do need some narrative or gameplay hook to keep me reaching for the goal. Wilds' was the exploration loop and impressive way of delivering non linear bits and bobs of narrative from the alien hieroglyphs you stumble upon in your journeys. That plus all the wacky anomalous planetoid properties + technomagic structures you discover.

I'm hopeful Death Stranding can suck me in but I'd be lyin if I wasn't a bit intimidated by the average completion time, particularly for gameplay that might not feel traditionally rewarding throughout. Here's hoping it can keep me engaged for the whole thing.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
This reminds me of GameCritics giving HZD a 6.5 without finishing the game but it was still a great review. Fanboys remained mad at the site and brought that up again last year when they gave GoW a 7 last.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
No, just adopt my system of reviewing. If I don't feel compelled to finish a game/movie/etc, it gets a zero.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to books and movies what you see/read is what you get. You've seen everything it has to offer. You can only compare linear story based games like Uncharted to movies and books. It's fine to expect a reviewer to complete games like these before reviewing them.

Even this doesn't really work because in TV, it's not uncommon for reviewers to only review the initial 4-6 episodes instead of a whole season.

What people need to understand is that a product is often simply not good, even if the ideas towards the end have some merit. Also, I think of this comic when people argue "it totally gets good once you get about 50 hours in"
1485272591-20170124.png

Oct 31, 2017
You don't need to finish a game in order to review it.

Loads of games are getting released on a weekly basis so most if not all reviewers don't do that anyway :P

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I see none of the people who said yes, rebutted my points.

Also do some of you guys really don't fathom the absurdity of completing the game?

Do you really want some poor soul to try to beat Sonic 06 just to review it?

The reviewers are not just focusing on game. They have other games to review. So there's that issue.

Beat the story mode? You mean that one thing where it's still just a tacked on rattail for several genres still

"It'S tHiEr JoB!" Okay so are they going to get paid overtime if they have to play a game for more than 40 hours a week?

Fuck, if "progressive" and "enlightened" ResetEra still have blind spots about gaming journalism, what does that say about everywhere else?

Fuck, the gaming sphere need to unionized.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I think it's worth empathizing with critics who have review deadlines of 2 weeks or less to complete long or possibly very difficult games, and can share their experience of the game and relay their frustrations which didn't allow them to finish the game. This is in cases where developers won't be able to give them later saves or endgame content to alleviate the situation in order to complete the game. Maybe it might not have a review score.

Their situation is different than us who have plenty of time to finish a game and can drop a game if it's too much but we can still give our opinions on the game. At the end of the day, critics have a right too to present their opinion on a game. It's then up to people to get offended or not if those incomplete impressions end up as a review, or even has a review score.

Well, wait. Is the directive coming from people above them? Firstly, that's a whole other issue because it's essentially the commodification of what I believe to be a valuable and necessary part of the art form. Who are these supposed people who aren't getting the time to finish their jobs? Who are these companies setting their critics up for failure? I know the big sites all have started to move to a system of 'in progress' reviews until they are finished with the game fully and I have no problem with that. Hell, IGN has separate reviewers on SP and MP in some cases. Gears, for instance, had an SP review up a day or two after release with the MP review going up a week after and the full review a few days later. What is so wrong with this idea? Is it simply because these websites need clicks so they force their reviewers (or in some case they are one in the same) to only do a cursory glance at these titles because they are short-staffed?

Honestly, it doesn't matter if they are short staffed because OTHER people are depending on these critics to do their jobs fully - to hold up their end of the bargain. I empathize with individuals who might have been stuck in shitty situations for sure, but they have to do their jobs because other people's jobs are depending on it. When you have bonuses and possible sequels (and therefore more job security) tied to things like metascores, you have a responsibility to do your job fully. If you are not getting the proper resources to do your job correctly, or if you are disingenuously posting half-baked reviews to get clicks on your own site, then that is a separate issue. But we as a gaming community should not be in lock-step with those practices, imo.

We as a gaming community can say "I empathize with not having the proper funding and resources at your job, but I also think it is incredibly important to the industry and the art form for critics to experience the full intent of the product before publishing in public the elevated opinion which your status as game critic affords you."

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I really can't imagine taking a review of an album/movie/game seriously unless it's listened to, watched, or played to completion.

I know that's unrealistic, but oh well.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
should a sport journalist actually finish watching the match before they write the article?

should the reporter stay unitl the end of the event before making a reportage on it?

yes..the answer is yes

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
You don't need to finish a game in order to review it.

Loads of games are getting released on a weekly basis so most if not all reviewers don't do that anyway :P
Then don't review the game? If your site is short-staffed I would advise to pick the games you want to have reviewed most for whatever reasons and leave the rest out because you are doing a disservice to the game creators by slapping a score on a game after 5 hours of a 20 hour game experience.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
sure, but that game is six hours long and i don't think that the conclusion of the story negated or retroactively made the gameplay better

games are much more than their stories
But Spec Ops is a great point that games' stories matter big time. It's not even close to the only one.

EDIT: I would argue any game with a story is being short-changed by a critic who doesn't finish it. People were paid to write that story. Gameplay mechanics were designed around that story. Artists were given instructions based around that story. They might all be very proud of that story. That story has to be finished to get the full picture on what the game is because resources were allocated to it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am of two minds on it.

But if you don't ask reviewers to finish the game you get things like that one reviewer who finished Route A of NieR Automata and wrote a review based solely on that.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
LMAO!

Get out of here with this shit.
Explain. It's a valid point. Bonuses go out based on metascores in some cases. If a website is big enough to be put in with the aggregate and the critics aren't even finishing the game, they are not giving the game it's due diligence. By them not completing their job they are harming other people's jobs as far as I'm concerned.

Please elaborate or don't quote me further with drive bys.

Wait, which practice is the problem again?
Please elaborate. I thought I made it clear.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
The concept that a reviewer has to fully beat a game to review it is completely ridiculous, and the fact that most of people on here voted yes just goes to show how childishly delusional you bunch are.

Reviewers, especially professional ones, can't afford the luxury of spending infinite amounts of hours playing and reviewing a game. Any who would beat all the games they need to review would be out of business in a second. This is real life, not some magical fantasy world where money and time fall from trees.

Then there's all the different possible conditions that may make it unreasonable to beat a game.

- What about massive RPGs that take 100+ hours to beat? At 40 hours of work per week, it would take a reviewer over two weeks just to beat the game, plus time to actually write the review. With the amounts of games coming out and needing reviews, this is just nuts.

I could go on and on but many people in this thread have already done a great job of highlighted a bunch of situations where it either makes no sense or where it's hard to even determine what actually constitutes "beating" a game.

Games aren't books or movies or music. Their unique qualities and generally long play time makes it so they can't be held on the same standards. One can get a decently good opinion on a game once they've seen most everything the core gameplay loop has to offer.
So for example if someone was tasked to review The Last Of Us and couldn't finish the game because; 1) it was hard 2) it was long 3) the game is un-enjoyable, and gave it a score then that person's review shouldn't be taken seriously. I can understand if a reviewer is having a tough work load (reviewing multiple games including a 100+ hour game) and in those instances I could fully understand why it would be hard to finish and give a complete review on a game. But I highly doubt that's happens all the time or most of the time.
It doesn't make me childish or delusional to expect a complete review on a game especially from major sites like IGN or Kotaku considering that these reviews can sometimes impact a games sales and a devs reputation. And not completing a task because something is "too hard", "not enjoyable", is not acceptable. If I used those excuses at work then I would have been fired a long time ago.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
But Spec Ops is a great point that games' stories matter big time. It's not even close to the only one.

EDIT: I would argue any game with a story is being short-changed by a critic who doesn't finish it. People were paid to write that story. Gameplay mechanics were designed around that story. Artists were given instructions based around that story. They might all be very proud of that story. That story has to be finished to get the full picture on what the game is because resources were allocated to it.
While a review that finished Spec Ops would have a more complete take on its story (obviously), the other main parts of the review (largely gameplay, performance, graphics, level design) would still remain the same. Reviews aren't just about a game's story, and if a reviewer didn't feel compelled to finish Spec Ops because one of, or all of, those components of the game was off-putting and they felt they had a complete enough picture of the game the that's a completely valid review

No video game story retroactively makes mediocre gameplay suddenly feel great

Explain. It's a valid point. Bonuses go out based on metascores in some cas
it is not valid. a review of something should never take external issues like someone's job security or their fucking bonuses into account

if you think this is a valid point it's pretty evident you don't actually care about the act of criticism at all

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I guess I have another question now. Which sites are we talking about that aren't reviewing games fully? What brought this on? Is it bigger sites or smaller sites who are short-staffed or just need to 'get a review in' for clicks?

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Explain. It's a valid point. Bonuses go out based on metascores in some cases. If a website is big enough to be put in with the aggregate and the critics aren't even finishing the game, they are not giving the game it's due diligence. By them not completing their job they are harming other people's jobs as far as I'm concerned.

Please elaborate. I thought I made it clear.
This is a really good point that people fail to acknowledge. People really think it's acceptable to not publish a complete review on the game when it can at times effect a devs reputation, sales, bonuses and so on. Apparently we live in a fantasy world because we acknowledge such things can happen.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This is a really good point that people fail to acknowledge. People really think it's acceptable to not publish a complete review on the game when it can at times effect a devs reputation, sales, bonuses and so on. Apparently we live in a fantasy world because we acknowledge such things can happen.
spoiler: it's not a good point and, actually, it's a very bad point

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017

You think I'm supposed to give a fuck about your guilt-tripping bullshit?
My job isn't to protect developers.

EDIT: Now we have posters siding with major publishers. Oh boy, reviewers just can't catch a break.

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It Depends™ but honestly I think the status quo where outlets gauge this on a case-by-case basis (and take a bunch of mostly-deserved shit when they get it wrong) is a pretty ok compromise for the purposes of the low-brow consumer advice that reviews usually are.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

IanVanCheese

Oct 25, 2017
From reading this thread, I think the far more interesting poll would be "how much do you think a reviewer is paid to review a 40-hour game"?

I don't want to get all Buzzfeed up in here, but the answer may surprise you.

Oct 31, 2017
Then don't review the game? If your site is short-staffed I would advise to pick the games you want to have reviewed most for whatever reasons and leave the rest out because you are doing a disservice to the game creators by slapping a score on a game after 5 hours of a 20 hour game experience.

You don't need to finish a game in order to review it though ! :P

Even if you handpick which games you're gonna review, there are too many out there. And there are games you can't handpick: you have to review those.

Plus, I can already see you're too focused on the score whereas it's not that important.

And I think game creators perfectly know that most people won't finish their games, reviewers included.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
While a review that finished Spec Ops would have a more complete take on its story (obviously), the other main parts of the review (largely gameplay, performance, graphics, level design) would still remain the same. Reviews aren't just about a game's story, and if a reviewer didn't feel compelled to finish Spec Ops because one of, or all of, those components of the game was off-putting and they felt they had a complete enough picture of the game the that's a completely valid review

No video game story retroactively makes mediocre gameplay suddenly feel great
Reviews are most definitely not just about a game's story but I don't think you would argue they aren't a part of the finished product just as gameplay, graphics, and level design are. In fact, different people care more about certain aspects you've outlined more than others. Opinions and all of that. So, someone might care more about the story aspects of their games compared to graphics or performance and vice versa. Neither of those opinions are wrong because they are subjective preferences. But a critic's job is to fully understand and critique the product for their published work, as far as I'm concerned. That would include finishing the story.

And, to finish the story does matter for the things you named! They cannot be looked at in a vacuum. The game might play buttery smooth for the first 2 or 3 levels (which definitely happens frequently enough to comment on because the first levels are typically ones that are optimized and iterated the most) but later the graphics and performance and sound might take it hit. A reviewer who doesn't play through the game fully never knows this. The opposite can happen as well, although I personally think it's less common for things like performance.

But games definitely can get better in categories like gameplay as it goes along. That's often the case, even. As a person becomes more familiar with the game's mechanics, understands better what the devs are trying to do, and when they introduce certain mechanics that make the game more enjoyable.

As an example the game Hollow Knight is a slog at first, for me, because you have to essentially build the map features you would normally just expect to have in a metroidvania game in 2019. I personally hated this purposeful design decision but having played 12 hours of it I would never even dream of reviewing the game. Think if I decided it was correct to review Hollow Knight based on my first 12 hours where I struggled to put my map UI together. Would that be fair to the devs of this game?

That is just the first example that popped into my head but I contend any game whatsoever presents these problems when a critic decides they can publish a review without finishing it.

it is not valid. a review of something should never take external issues like someone's job security or their fucking bonuses into account

if you think this is a valid point it's pretty evident you don't actually care about the act of criticism at all
You misunderstood what I said. I said they should do their jobs objectively and fully because other people depend on them to do their jobs objectively and fully. You think I said they should do their jobs subjectively based on the fact that other people's jobs depend on them to do their jobs subjectively. I hope you understand the nuanced difference there. If you reply with something that makes me believe you don't, I'll have to bow out of the convo here.

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, it's helps if the reviewer finished the game without preset save profiles (making the game easy) and then writes a review about it.

I understand the extremities about the request, but someone who purchases games will start from zero and actually take up time to get to the point where a reviewer would have mentioned/experienced much much earlier.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
In talking about the fact that publishers like to weaponize metascores against the studios they work with, you seem to suggest that it's the content used in those metascores that's the real problem we should be vocal in opposing, rather than what the publishers are doing.
Let me be clear, then.

Two things are bad at the same time; 1) Publishers using metascores to weaponize against studios they work with, and 2) corporations setting up their critics to fail by forcing them to publish unfinished reviews to their sites in order to make deadlines so the corporations can get more revenue than if they allowed the critics to do their jobs fully.

1 is worse than 2, but both are bad, and both can be called out. Since this thread is about critics not finishing games (#2), I'd personally like to stick with calling that out in here. If you want to talk about #1 then go ahead, but I think I'm not going to follow you down that path in this specific thread from here on out.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
it's a reviewers job to review something. they aren't doctors of video game completion. and devs tying bonuses to meta critic scores should have no bearing on how someone reviews something

i feel like i'm going crazy
Yes it's the job to review something but finishing the game should be an acceptable practise. Like if you're criticising a character for lack of development or if you talking about level designs being bad and only finished 40% of the game for stupid reasons like; "it's too hard", "it's not enjoyable", then that's a big problem.
I don't care about devs and they shouldn't be given extra treatment, but highlighting a fact like job security and reputation can be affected by a review then at least finish the game and tell us if it's shit or not.
All in all, standard for reviewers should be to finish the game. That's what I personally believe.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You think I'm supposed to give a fuck about your guilt-tripping bullshit?
My job isn't to protect developers.

EDIT: Now we have posters siding with major publishers. Oh boy, reviewers just can't catch a break.
This thread has some of the most bizarre shit I've seen on this forum.

A reviewer has to:
-Complete a game entirely before having anything to say
-Consider the publishers and developers when delivering said opinion
-Devote a minimum amount of time depending on the title otherwise it's "half-assing" the job
-Have only "one job" to review games and absolutely nothing else

Truthfully I think people should just shut the hell up and be concerned about themselves only. This thread is a circle jerk for many to get off on telling others how to do a video game review.