• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Would you like to see more of Dutch and his cohorts, or an entirely new gang?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Something some people have pointed out, is that if the next Red Dead keeps the current cast Rockstar will 100% want to avoid another "why doesn't John mention Arthur at all?", so the protagonist has to be someone we know or is talked about.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the gang's story has been told, but I also trust Rockstar to make the most of whatever they decide to do storywise.

Oct 25, 2017
Something some people have pointed out, is that if the next Red Dead keeps the current cast Rockstar will 100% want to avoid another "why doesn't John mention Arthur at all?", so the protagonist has to be someone we know or is talked about.
edit: nvm read it too fast. I agree that if the cast is 100% retained they'll be forcing themselves to choose among known characters.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
It should go the opposite way of RDR2's story. I feel they tried to capture a bit of spaghetti western in the first one but completely abandoned that "feel" with the 2nd. While it's style is great on it's own, I'd like the third part to focus on an even earlier timeline, but with completely new characters and a bit more camp.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if we had another game with them to form a trilogy. Going back even further in time, exploring the lives of Dutch and Hosea in their prime, how Arthur and John got recruited, their early days, etc. It could very well be interesting. Plus going back in time could also mean more "wild west" stuff, like gunslingers and multiple big gangs in their prime.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Houser said RDR3 may be in the books if they "have something else to say." I don't think there's much else to say on the Van der Linde gang.

So I'd imagine it'd be something or a largely new cast.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I think Jack would be a good protagonist. Dealing with his place in life and if he should be an outlaw, or a law abiding citizen working in a new industrialized America.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Sadie Adler, or way back in time.

Like almost frontier time, make it more about survival.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Love the characters to death but we saw their biggest struggle already so the next one would have less dramatic tension and impact because they can't go bigger than what they have already done, it just wouldn't make sense narratively.

I wouldn't be opposed to DLC showing the lead up to the Blackwater heist and playing all of that out. Seemed like a no brained that that's where the game was going to start, during the actual heist, but they went for a quieter opening after the fact instead.

All that said, RDR 3 should focus on Jack in the 1920s or Sadie's bounty hunter days after RDR 2.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though - Jack Marston becoming an outlaw like John, but more of a gangster than a cowboy given the changing era. Prohibition-era gangster stuff.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
They address that within the game. John says at one point "I don't talk about him but I think about him a lot" or something along those lines. Obviously wasn't planned when they made RDR 1 but they at least made some attempt to make it make sense.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Should focus on something new. I'd like them to follow a Native American and their tribe as they attempt to navigate and survive the ever changing West and onslaught of settlers and white society.

Having the main character be someone who was a victim of a Carlisle type Indian School. So they're familiar with white society as well as with their own people's way of life. And have is experience their attempts to navigate both worlds.

The tribe would be able to function very similarly to the Van der Lind gang in RDR2. Moving from place to place, setting up camp, various characters to interact with and work with and upgrading and developing the camp itself. Being a victim of an Indian School and having them only recently find their way back to the tribe would allow for both the player and the character themselves to be somewhat of a fish out of water and needing to acclimate together to the setting and situation. The player being totally new and the character having been away for so many years and in an institution that tried to strip them of their native identity and life.

Last edited:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The story has ended - no need for more van der Linde gang. Maybe Jack's life though? That would be neat.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I'd like it to be set in the early 1970-1980's and take cues from No Country For Old Men and There Will be Blood as far as the tone goes.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Do post Apocalypse where the world has gone back to old west style & modern day technology is slowing creeping back in & taking everything over again.
Stupid idea i know, but otherwise it's just gonna be the exact same story as RDR1, 2 was a prequel for a reason, unless they do another prequel but that would stray further away from the last days of the wild west which is RDR's whole theme.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retire the redemption part.

Either make a sequel to Revolver called Revolver 2 or go with a whole new cast of characters when the wild west was in the golden age.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I really want it to continue after the events of RDR1 with Jack and Sadie and whoever the fuck else may still be alive. Nothing says the series has to be set in the wild west.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I like both games a lot,but honestly I'd like to see something new from Rockstar.......I think the spy genre would be great,something in the 60's or 70's.......I bet they could do something amazing with that world.........................hold on,wait a minute.......DOH!!......LOL.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Every entry in the series has either been the lead up to the west changing or the fallout of it changing. What is left to tell at this point? Especially given the main cast of characters story arcs at the end of the RDR2. I guess you could focus on something that comes after the west has been "tamed" and continues the story of the first game with Jack as the lead.

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
I think it needs to star a young Dutch, ending with the botched riverboat job. The ending to 2 seemed to open the door for this as the logical finale of the saga.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retire the redemption part.

Either make a sequel to Revolver called Revolver 2 or go with a whole new cast of characters when the wild west was in the golden age.
To expand on Revolver 2. You play as Red once more and it is set right after the ending of 1. From there you have to escape the law as they are after him. Because Red is a half native american they should involve Red's tribe in the plot with him helping them survive. I would prefer a different kind of ending where he gets out instead of being killed like John and Arthur.

If possible I would love to see the other characters playable like Jack Swift or Annie Stoakes, and Buffalo Soldier expanded on or maybe even playable.

Tone wise it should return to being a spaghetti western and to have more arcade gameplay like Revolver without any tap x to run or all that. Make it smooth and fun to play.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Year 4378 where civilzation has collapsed into cyberpunk Wild West type of setting with high tech but ruined cities and deserts.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i don't want a RDR3. loved the first but 2 just wasn't that good. i hoped for a sequel all those years and what we got was a huge disappointment.

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
act 1 - Jack as a young man, sadies revenge mission in alternating chapters.
act 2 - both of their lives falling apart, the past catching up and them crossing paths. sadies death.
act 3 - jack as an older no-shit taking buisinessman.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Just forget about RDR, never liked it much anyway.

Stick to GTA if you're going to be releasing games every 5+ years.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
No more prequels. All new setting, new characters, and the game should be set in the early days of the West (1860s or 1870s).