• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Your Answer, Stranger?

• keep him and expand his role.

Votes: 181 40.1%
  • keep him but treat as the same like original.

Votes: 256 56.8%
  • cut him out.

Votes: 14 3.1%

• Total voters

itsrealfood

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take a standard amount of re-made Leon content and then an additional two to three discs of expanded merchant story action.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
Game should be EXACTLY THE SAME but with current gen graphics. No new dialogue, no new controls,no changes to story or characters, no new nothing.
All I want is RE4, with updated graphics and audio.

I'm sure I'm not getting my wish though and we'll see something along the lines of RE2 and 3 remake, which while pretty won't feel as satisfying to play as OG RE4

you know i generally wouldn't agree for basically any other game but yeah this is exactly what i want lol

a straight upgrade on the models and environmental asset level that maybe can't be done by simple remasters would be fantastic to see. something similar to how Shadow of the Colossus was done, though ideally better than that as even that game with all its authenticity did lose some of the original game's character and mood from 'updating' the lighting.

like imagine RE4's beginning section without that very distinct mist-like lighting and mood, from the moment you get out of the car to as you slowly approach the village. there is something very unique about how it just feels to be in that world. it's very hard to describe but maybe a simple picture helps

08M6yWA.jpg

like an RE4 without the exact feeling this exudes wouldn't be RE4 anymore for me

Last edited:

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Keep him and expand on him. Cutscenes where he's pulling strings/being a creep without Leon knowing. And there better be a Scooby-Doo callback where he's watching Leon in the castle through the eyes of a painting.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
He should just randomly pull out a different weapon once the previous is spent.
there should be a new PvP mode called "Merchantaries" where you all play as merchants and sell your weapons to the enemies in order to make them attack the other merchants for their cash
whoever has most money at the money at the end wins

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Fucking unbelievable reading people wanting to cut the cheese, merchant, and completely change the gameplay

Do you think remakes cater to people who hate the original game?