• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
No, it needs to be extremely powerful. And not a niche separate platform. PSVR is the most popular vr platform for a reason.
PSVR is already something of a separate platform, especially when you get into Move controller titles. Games which support both VR and TV seem relatively few.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Do any of the streaming services offer 3D movies? My TV has 3D but I've never watched a film at home that way. I always choose the 2D version in cinemas.

Yes, there are streaming 3D videos with 360 and 180 degrees for VR.
You can also download videos, and they are way better in 3D when it comes to VR (if you know what I mean).

Sony's video player for PSVR is 2D only. You can only play 3D VR videos paying an expensive subscription service to a buggy third-party software (Littlstar).

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
PSVR is already something of a separate platform, especially when you get into Move controller titles. Games which support both VR and TV seem relatively few.

See, that already is an issue :D PS5 should actually ship with the PSVR2 and Move2´s for optimal coverage.

Not to mention the Aim Controller which is great, that should ship with the PS5 too. And whatever Knuckles controllers we go for as a standard. The Moves were quite bad as they had no thumbsticks, Vive and Rift controllers atleast are somewhat uniform.

Please make the PS5 cost 999$ with all these included :D

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with cable, they just need to correct the tracking to make it 360, much longer cable in better quality and remove the "wubble" when i'm at 5 feet of the freaking camera then i'll be fine ! Just continue great game and support indie developper like they do right now !