• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland

An online petition for Piers Morgan to be sacked from Good Morning Britain has been signed by thousands. The petition takes issues with Piers' view on gender and transgender issues. But should he be sacked or saved? India Willoughby and Benjamin Butterworth debate.

Just thought it was a pretty interesting debate and I was wondering what everyone here thinks about it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
He should take a long walk off a short Piers.

I am very original.

but seriously he's awful

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah dump his ass for this and any number of other shit.

But, more importantly, you can't have a more British debate than between two people named ... Willoughby and Butterworth

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
What can be said that hasn't already been said? That guy deserves no platform. He's trash.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Who in God's name wants to see him first thing in the morning?

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'd much rather see a good ol' fashioned catapulting.
DY6DUI1qLzj70LypSawzr2bhFdA=.gif

Should look into bringing that back.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You should not be allowed on television if you don't know the difference between pi and the Pythagorean theorem, let alone the more serious problems with him

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
He's terrible.

Stop watching his show. Contact his advertisers and explain why you're no longer buying their products.

That should fix the situation.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In a civilised society, Piers Morgan would be in prison. The fact that he's allowed to pollute the airwaves is secondary to that.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes he should be.

Unfortunately, the reactions he keeps getting from people are exactly why he'll never be fired unless he says something that really oversteps the social boundaries. He unpopularity makes him strangely popular.

It really sucks, the man is absolute fucking trash.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Something absolutely needs to be done about the normalization of transphobia in UK media.

He should have been fired way before this problem even got half the strenght it has today =P

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why is it so unfathomable people might want to identify as more than the very rigid spectrum of ...whatever exactly it means to be fe/male?

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
He should be fired for being a completely uncharismatic and unlikable prat. He's basically the epitome of straight white male privilege in how he's failed upwards.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If he hasn't been fired by now for his many, many indiscretions as a journalist then I don't see this suddenly being the straw that broke the camel's back.

That war photo hoax he fabricated should have gotten him excommunicado.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so unfathomable people might want to identify as more than the very rigid spectrum of ...whatever exactly it means to be fe/male?

BECAUSE IN SCHOOL I LEARNED THAT THERE ARE NINE PLANETS INCLUDING PLUTO AND THE WORLD CAN NEVER CHANGE OTHERWISE I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON AND THAT MAKES THE WORLD SCARY AND FRIGHTENING.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
He won't be fired. Morgan is an utter scumbag but that's the reason that ITV have him the job in the first place.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
people from britain, do you have any perspective on why people keep going to his show? Is basically to hear him talk. He uses the guests to be able to go into detail about his view and victimize himself, my blood boiled when he attacked the guest for all sorts of things, like he was directly responsible for online abuse, the petition, said he was cruel, etc.

I dont get it, why bother? There are enough information channels out there to have these discussions, why go to the one channel they cant hope to educate anyone?

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I despise Piers Morgan but the guy challenging him did not put his point forward very eloquently. There were a few ways he could have shut Piers down but never took the chance and the average person watching it would probably come out of that thinking Piers was 100% right even though he was wrong.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
He is playing a massive part in bringing Trump politics to the UK under the pretence of "both sides". Fuck him